X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress - Episode 3: Impeach the Motherf**er

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    On the flip side they narrowly carried all but one race in Florida and won relatively comfortably in Ohio, proving that Ohio is no longer a top tier swing state. Now of course there's always some nuances in each state that affects those races, but not a great sign.
    I didn't realize FL was as far gone as OH, that's too bad.

The irony is it's the same people. OH racists get old and retire to the Redneck Riviera.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I didn't realize FL was as far gone as OH, that's too bad.

The irony is it's the same people. OH racists get old and retire to the Redneck Riviera.
      FL and OH have the same problem. The state party is absolutely useless and has been for decades. In FL it could have made the difference between narrow wins and narrow losses and Dems have come oh so close in winning a lot of these races but just fall short.

Ohio is a blank slate where the non-existent state party should be taken over by Sanders backers who can put a real life test to the theory that down and out places are dying to elect progressives. There are no Establishment Dems because there are no statewide Dems period and haven't been for a long time save for Sherrod Brown who's a progressive himself. Start delivering Ohio for the Democrats and the Sanders people will not just get a seat at the table, they'll be at the head of the table.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        You know I think 2018 was different. Most "wave" mid term elections are because one side sat out while the other side was engaged. Not the case in 2018 where Chump's supporters were fully engaged. Yet they still lost across the country from Pennsylvania to Arizona and everywhere in between with a few notable exceptions (Ohio, Florida) where the fact that his supporters were engaged helped the KKK win those races. If McSally couldn't win in 2018, I'm not sure her prospects are much better in 2020 unless Chump kills it in his re-election (I think Scooby has him winning all 50 states ).
        Mookie has learned that whatever rover thinks when it comes to voting..... is wrong
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Mookie has learned that whatever rover thinks when it comes to voting..... is wrong
          Hey that's cool, I use the same standard when I ask "would mookie consider that girl to be under age?"

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Hey that's cool, I use the same standard when I ask "would mookie consider that girl to be under age?"
            To be fair I would trust mookie with my white grandchildren.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ohio is a blank slate where the non-existent state party should be taken over by Sanders backers who can put a real life test to the theory that down and out places are dying to elect progressives. There are no Establishment Dems because there are no statewide Dems period and haven't been for a long time save for Sherrod Brown who's a progressive himself. Start delivering Ohio for the Democrats and the Sanders people will not just get a seat at the table, they'll be at the head of the table.
              If this is true it's a d-mn shame Brown didn't do this himself.

But then again it's a d-mn shame Sherrod Brown didn't run. Maybe we'll get a brokered convention and he'll be the compromise. Brown/Abrams 2020 wins in a f-cking landslide. Not just WI, MI, PA but OH and maybe GA.
              Cornell University

Comment

But then again it's a d-mn shame Sherrod Brown didn't run. Maybe we'll get a brokered convention and he'll be the compromise. Brown/Abrams 2020 wins in a f-cking landslide. Not just WI, MI, PA but OH and maybe GA.
                That would have been a nice ticket.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I dunno that I would waste Abrams on Veep. She can do real damage to the GOP in a wide variety of positions.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I believe somebody on this very board told a story of canvassing in Ohio and coming across Brown's house on election evening and he was actually there to answer the door instead of doing some GOTV rallying. But yes your point is 100% correct and I'm not sure why he's not taking the lead on that. However I'll reiterate that if Bernie's army wants to shorten the time it takes to remake the party, delivering Ohio on a state and national level is the quickest way to do so.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I dunno that I would waste Abrams on Veep. She can do real damage to the GOP in a wide variety of positions.
                        We need her for you know who. If we do not put a black person on the ticket we lose. So we might as well put somebody utterly kick as-s on.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Why does VP need to be a useless job? It’s as useless as an administration makes it.

If the VP is known to be speaking for the president, he or she will carry weight. Don’t send the VP to cut ribbons. Use him or her to cut throats.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Why does VP need to be a useless job? It’s as useless as an administration makes it.

If the VP is known to be speaking for the president, he or she will carry weight. Don’t send the VP to cut ribbons. Use him or her to cut throats.
                            This.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We need her for you know who. If we do not put a black person on the ticket we lose. So we might as well put somebody utterly kick as-s on.
                              I dont disagree with needing a minority...I am saying she isnt the one. They should be grooming her to run the Party not be some lame trophy position they send to funerals.

Her speech IN LOSING was better than most of the people running can pull off on their best day.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Sorry but Veep is a position no one wants for a reason. Hell Veeps have issues even being elected President. (HW being one of the few...only 14 Veeps have ever been President and half of them were given the job because the President died or quit) Its a dead end job that is there to win favor with a constituency and nothing else. They arent a pitbull...they are there to cut ribbons and break ties in the Senate.

You want her in a position of power like you are saying you make her Chief of Staff.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X