X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I need to know who "Vanilla Soft Serve" is? I think I know, but I'd like to be certain.

Then I can pile on with some degree of clarity.
    I have to admit I got a chuckle out of norbert's post... heaven help me...
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well there is only one defenseman that took a pointless interference penalty 8 seconds into a powerplant... That would be "Vanilla Soft Serve". He also has a habit of being soft in his own end...

From an earlier post of mine. Apologies on the UConn @ Maine notes... I was off a week that is next weekend we hold our noises and be Maine fans... Actually I think what is best for UNH is Maine and UMass win out and BC wins everything BUT our games... Although every body else splitting everything thing and UNH playing 3 games over .500 works really well too
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Well there is only one defenseman that took a pointless interference penalty 8 seconds into a powerplant... That would be "Vanilla Soft Serve". He also has a habit of being soft in his own end...

From an earlier post of mine. Apologies on the UConn @ Maine notes... I was off a week that is next weekend we hold our noises and be Maine fans... Actually I think what is best for UNH is Maine and UMass win out and BC wins everything BUT our games... Although every body else splitting everything thing and UNH playing 3 games over .500 works really well too
        That...was extremely disconcerting. This is what I meant by undisciplined. Anyway...it's sooo crazy close! You guys in the know have to keep on 'splaining it to me haha...
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Say what you will, but VSS still best player on the ice, night in, night out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Say what you will, but VSS still best player on the ice, night in, night out.
            Well...you do make a point there. We've been down this road since his arrival. The talent is obvious just wish the gaffes were not so potentially costly...but, no one beats his skating ability and his work on the PP. We'll miss it when he's gone. hey snives, are you going to be at the 'Whitt tonight? I hear the power's back on
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-08-2020, 09:43 AM.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I like ice cream.

That is all......
              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                I like ice cream.

That is all......
                Me too...but if I'm honest, prefer chocolate
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I think VSS is headed the wrong direction right now.

Right now, I don't agree he is the best player on the ice. He may still be the most talented BUT the soft D play and inconsistency is problematic. The 2nd UVM goal would have been avoid if he had simply passed behind the net to a wide open and waiting partner.

Last night the 2nd PP looked better most of the night getting in zone etc. Yes VSS had an assist on Grasso's goal and that was a bad pass that Grasso couldn't one time. The goal was a result of Grasso's efforts to settle the puck, a nice shot and the two UNH players that didn't get points fighting to screen the goalie.

Typically VSS gets in trouble when,

1) doing to much = UVM 2nd goal
                  2) just undisciplined play - unnecessary interference play
                  3) soft D zone play/coverage also UVM goal 2 and more obviously a super poor 2-1 against UConn last week

All fixable with some focus and determination. Maybe he is so talented he is bored... I doubt it... More likely he is a talented player still growing. AND he has been so talented offensively that nobody has / is really pushing him to develop in the D zone.
                  Last edited by JB; 02-08-2020, 10:38 AM.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Eriksson might be better on the ice right now...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Who gets the nod tonight in net??? My guess...Taylor given the history.
                      Based on Souza' post-game presser from last night, it sounds like he's sticking with Robinson.
                      UNH

Comment

So here's hoping we pull out the brooms tonight. It sure would be nice if I could watch the game. Lost power late yesterday afternoon and it's still not on. Ugh!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Eriksson might be better on the ice right now...
                          Really good points here today JB...valid and have the stats to back it up. I like the play of both Eriksson and Verrier. Both are hard working guys. Wish I could see the game highlights...guess there aren't any due to the power thing. Let's rock it tonight 'Cats...all cylinders firin'!! Go 'Cats!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            So here's hoping we pull out the brooms tonight. It sure would be nice if I could watch the game. Lost power late yesterday afternoon and it's still not on. Ugh!
                            Stay warm e.cat!!
                            UNH

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Issues with technical stuff at the 'whitt:

Tonight's game has been littered with technical difficulties: A power outage during player intros, mic issues and now the jumbotron is off. Also, Joseph Cipollone was attributed the goal, his first of the season.
                              The controls for the jumbotron (and presumably production equipment) are across the street in the Fieldhouse.
                              If they were in the Whitt, like the control for the old amber board was, they'd probably have been functional last night...
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Stay warm e.cat!!
                                Thanks Scott. Got the woodstove going as we speak:-)
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X