X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahha I love jokes about a young girl with Asperger's! Tops on my list for a good laugh. You made my day....
    Step 1) Make fun of child I disagree with.
    Step 2) Lose mind and run non-stop PR over Baron/Barron comment.
    Step 3) Make fun of child I disagree with.

#everythingisagame
    Last edited by Dan; 12-13-2019, 01:49 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Global cooling in the '70's … global warming in the '90's … "climate change" now.

I feel bad for the young'uns who lack the life experience to even be aware of these prior "scares" and the current BS groupthink. But shame on them if they don't ask questions, or are too lazy/busy, and default to letting other (power hungry) people set the narrative for what they choose to believe.

Simple as this. If the alarmists had any credibility at all, Miami FL would be underwater by now, as predicted by climate genius Algore at the end of the last century. Last time I checked, it's still there, and thriving, with lots of rich and famous people building expensive property. Kinda like everywhere else ...
      Got drunk for lunch on a Friday Chuck? Good for you!
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        Glad you are smart enough to ask all those hard questions to figure out the 98% of scientists are full of it. Please share your thoughtful analysis.
        'Watcher, I'll make an assumption that you're roughly my age, give or take.

Remember the 1970's "global cooling" scare, complete with "next Ice Age imminent" warnings? I do.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/...g-compilation/

As it turned out, that never happened.

Miami and NYC also aren't underwater already, as predicted. Not even close, actually.

I'm also old enough where I can remember most of these epic fails with doomsday predictions …

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/t...acularly-wrong

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...ic-predictions

The whole "98%" thing is also a half-truth, unless you believe that only a hand-picked total of 77 scientists are qualified enough to carry the day at the expense of the rest of the scientific community. Notwithstanding the fact there are at least 31,000 others on the record stating this is all pretty much BS ...

https://soontrending.buzz/2017/11/15...ete-hoax-scam/

I don't know if you're a scientist or not - I know I'm not - but does the liberal, dismissive use of the term "settled science" sit well with you? I've worked with dozens of scientists in my career as part of what I do - even a few meteorologists - and have had a chance to ask them about the term. Try it sometime, if you get a chance. I suspect you'll find their reactions enlightening.

Lastly, I've been blessed to live near the coastline most of my life. Erosion happens. Does climate "change"? Yeah, it does. We just went 12 years without a major hurricane making landfall in the US. That wasn't going to last forever, either. But what I can say is, based on my life experience, reading and talking with others who know more than I do, I don't buy the scenario that there will be catastrophic climate change on a consistent worldwide level anytime soon. I also have serious doubts whether any (minor) changes would be man-made or well beyond our control (sunspot activity, etc.). If it was man-made … pray tell why the folks in charge aren't beating a path to China or India, which are the two biggest "offenders" on the CO2 front, by a BIG margin? Also, is CO2 the key, and what to make of CO2 as being responsible for the greening of the planet? Keep in mind, historic temperatures peaked at around 1,100-1,000 BC, and also spiked (and then fell back) during the Roman Empire and the so-called "Medieval Warming Period" - ALL of these happening well before the advent of fossil fuels.

Hopefully this response is sufficiently "thoughtful", mon ami.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-cooling-myth/

Every now and again, the myth that “we shouldn’t believe global warming predictions now, because in the 1970’s they were predicting an ice age and/or cooling” surfaces. The state of the science at the time (say, the mid 1970’s), based on reading the papers is, in summary: “…we do not have a good quantitative understanding of our climate machine and what determines its course. Without the fundamental understanding, it does not seem possible to predict climate…” (which is taken directly from NAS, 1975). In a bit more detail, people were aware of various forcing mechanisms – the ice age cycle; CO2 warming; aerosol cooling – but didn’t know which would be dominant in the near future. By the end of the 1970’s, though, it had become clear that CO2 warming would probably be dominant; that conclusion has subsequently strengthened.
          When even Exxon agrees, you may not be barking up the right tree.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Chuck doesn't ask the hard questions - he's on a team, simple as that. And when you're on THAT team, you gotta support the team no matter what. So be prepared for more laughable links, hypocrisy and rhetoric. Chuck's smart enough to know better and understand the BS/misleading takes in what he posted, but repetition is team strategy and my man Chuck is always team first...
            There's a few questions raised in my last post you can feel free to take a swing at.

Honestly, I've lived through decades worth of similar scares, this one is no different. Growing up in the '70's I was young and I was terrified - not quite as much as by the thought of looming nuclear war with the USSR - but it eventually didn't happen. And then the next time, it was going to get too warm, and many of the same folks were making the same predictions. Again, it never happened. Fool me once, shame on you … fool me twice, shame on me.

Three, four times, same folks, different riffs?? Don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Listen, I don't blame you or those in your generation, Dan. This is all kind of new to you. All you should need to do for a quick truth test is to go watch Al Gore's movie from earlier in the century, and count up all of the dire predictions that never came true.

Tell you what, if you've got oceanfront property, I'll pay you 50 cents on the dollar for it tomorrow, no questions asked. Because that's the kind of guy I am - always looking to help out my USCHO friends in their times of trouble. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              When even Exxon agrees, you may not be barking up the right tree.
              I wasn't aware Exxon even existed in Medieval times, much less the Roman Empire or 1,000 BC.

You learn something new every day. This was mine for today. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Got drunk for lunch on a Friday Chuck? Good for you!
                Nah, totally sober. Just trying to talk some nice but naïve folks off a self-induced cliff of needless misery.

Comment

Nah, totally sober. Just trying to talk some nice but naïve folks off a self-induced cliff of needless misery.
                  It's all BlackI's fault:-)
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Greta Thunberg blamed last weeks ice melt at the Whitt on climate change.
                    And, since this is a hockey thread, AOC says the world is going to end in 12 years. Do we think UNH can win a NCAA hockey title before then?
                    Last edited by scoreboard; 12-13-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                      Greta Thunberg blamed last weeks ice melt at the Whitt on climate change.
                      And, since this is a hockey thread, AOC says the world is going to end in 12 years. Do we think UNH can win a NCAA hockey title before then?
                      Geeze I sure hope so (win a title that is)
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        It's all BlackI's fault:-)
                        No kidding. I think BlackI must have kidnapped Dan, it's gotten awfully quiet on here …

Comment

In separate but related news, I'm sure you noticed the last President sank $15MM into beachfront property on the Vineyard recently. Maybe Greta T will "sail" over from Sweden to visit next summer?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/obamas-...thas-vineyard/

Global cooling in the '70's … global warming in the '90's … "climate change" now.

I feel bad for the young'uns who lack the life experience to even be aware of these prior "scares" and the current BS groupthink. But shame on them if they don't ask questions, or are too lazy/busy, and default to letting other (power hungry) people set the narrative for what they choose to believe.

Simple as this. If the alarmists had any credibility at all, Miami FL would be underwater by now, as predicted by climate genius Algore at the end of the last century. Last time I checked, it's still there, and thriving, with lots of rich and famous people building expensive property. Kinda like everywhere else ...

Oh, my, just when I thought that this thread hit rock bottom late last night when Maine's blackl baited Chuck into a mud pit, Chuck ups the ante by going after Al Gore. Umm, Chuck, many parts of downtown Miami are already under water, especially during lunar high tides, just as Al Gore parroted from the 97% of climate scientists a couple of decades ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...y-flood-miami/

One of the ironies about climate change is that places further away from the rapidly melting Greenland Ice Sheet will see greater sea-level rise than places closer, so Florida will be submerged deeper and sooner than New England.

Jerry Mitrovica is one of the 97% of 1200+ climate scientists who contributes to the United Nations IPCC climate change reports compiled every four to five years.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...2.2018.1461935
                          Last edited by Snively65; 12-13-2019, 07:41 PM. Reason: broken link repair attempt

Comment

But Chuck’s backyard isn’t flooded and it was cold last Saturday so how can the seas possibly be rising or the atmosphere warming?

—-

Chuck -

First of all you attempted to cite The Federalist? Lol

Your arguments are garden variety, regurgitated and partisan talking points. You misrepresented the real concerns of Climate activists, moved the goal posts to no immediate catastrophe, no problem and bent over backwards to bury yourself in willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance regarding the topic at hand...

Why would I take you seriously and engage in a political conversation with you? At the moment, I still think you’re a smart guy and I believe you know very well you’re full of it on this issue - you’re just doing your duty as a good little party member.

Keep dropping posts like the one above and I’ll start to think you’re really don’t know the difference between Climate and Weather and that the physics of adding more water to a glass of water is actually too nuanced for you to understand...

Also, I have a pretty good idea when and why you changed your mind on Climate Change and it has nothing to do with personal experience...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

[QUOTE=Dan;6878293]But Chuck’s backyard isn’t flooded and it was cold last Saturday so how can the seas possibly be rising or the atmosphere warming?

—-

Chuck -

First of all you attempted to cite The Federalist? Lol

Your arguments are garden variety, regurgitated and partisan talking points. You misrepresented the real concerns of Climate activists, moved the goal posts to no immediate catastrophe, no problem and bent over backwards to bury yourself in willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance regarding the topic at hand...

Why would I take you seriously and engage in a political conversation with you? At the moment, I still think you’re a smart guy and I believe you know very well you’re full of it on this issue - you’re just doing your duty as a good little party member.

Keep dropping posts like the one above and I’ll start to think you’re really don’t know the difference between Climate and Weather and that the physics of adding more water to a glass of water is actually too nuanced for you to understand... /QUOTE]

What you said.

The evidence is clear, never mind Chuck's links to the reactionary fish-wrapper articles.

I continue to be astounded re: that level of ignorance. Don't those people have any children/grand-children that they worry about, going forward?

(Probably not... And if they do, shame on them.)
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-13-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Funny, everybody here worrying about climate change as they post comments from their electricity driven phone, IPAD or whatever. . .
                                You can save the world. Don’t comment.😀
                                Last edited by scoreboard; 12-13-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X