• Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    RIP Neil Peart, 67, legendary drummer with Rush
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ituary-936221/
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Predicts for tonite anyone? Given it's a home game there's a slight edge but crowd will be thin possibly with kids not back yet..The fact we havemt score on them in what 5 games (if I have that right last star I saw NU has out scored us 32 to 3) is obviously concerning.

All that said the 'Cats have a shot and if they are motivated enough and we get stand on your head goal tending from MR (who I suspect will start). Gotta stay out of the box if possible. Saw that the USCHO guys have split their predicts. So heres mine:

UnH 3 NU 4 in a close one! Go 'Cats prove me wrong!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Predicts for tonite anyone? Given it's a home game there's a slight edge but crowd will be thin possibly with kids not back yet..The fact we havemt score on them in what 5 games (if I have that right last star I saw NU has out scored us 32 to 3) is obviously concerning.

All that said the 'Cats have a shot and if they are motivated enough and we get stand on your head goal tending from MR (who I suspect will start). Gotta stay out of the box if possible. Saw that the USCHO guys have split their predicts. So heres mine:

UnH 3 NU 4 in a close one! Go 'Cats prove me wrong!!
        I thought that TT was getting the start, based on his performance last weekend?

Even Bentley scored 2 goals against the Huskies this past Monday night at Mathews, and took a 2-2 tie into the final 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I thought that TT was getting the start, based on his performance last weekend?

Even Bentley scored 2 goals against the Huskies this past Monday night at Mathews, and took a 2-2 tie into the final 5 minutes.
          Oh are the lines out? What did I miss on that? (Goalie start) I have no evidence one way or the other but yeah, it's entirely possible. Just figured the way it usually goes but I'd be totally ok to see him in net! I believe NU can be beaten too; any given night and its time for the 'Cats to get one back, starting tonight. Go 'Cats!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Article in Foster's today about BvR's return to the Whitt tonight as a Husky (or "enemy" as Foster's puts it ):

https://www.fosters.com/sports/20200...hitt--as-enemy

He praises his time at UNH and his former teammates, but "omits" said praise on the coaching staff....also found it interesting that his decision to leave UNH was "a family decision".
            UNH

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Oh are the lines out? What did I miss on that? (Goalie start) I have no evidence one way or the other but yeah, it's entirely possible. Just figured the way it usually goes but I'd be totally ok to see him in net! I believe NU can be beaten too; any given night and its time for the 'Cats to get one back, starting tonight. Go 'Cats!!
              Hard to know on the goalie pick. I would go with TT while he is as hot as he can be. But we will probably see MR since he hasn't started in 2 weeks.
              Rotation back next weekend. We do not match up well against NE and their style of play. I believe that the last non loss was a 1-1 tie down there.
              The guys seem to be feeling good so this is a test to see if that can be turned into a 2 point weekend! UNH 4 NE3.
              Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Article in Foster's today about BvR's return to the Whitt tonight as a Husky (or "enemy" as Foster's puts it ):

https://www.fosters.com/sports/20200...hitt--as-enemy

He praises his time at UNH and his former teammates, but "omits" said praise on the coaching staff....also found it interesting that his decision to leave UNH was "a family decision".
                Wow it's pretty obvious what hes saying here...he wanted to play with a team that pretty much guaranteed success on a bigger stage(among other things I wont speculate about that you alluded to)
                ..bottom line hes happy and that's the most important thing...And speaking of family wonder if his parents will be at the game tonight.
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-11-2020, 03:42 PM.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Yep its Ty Taylor in net let's go 'Cats!!! Wyse out sick....
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-11-2020, 05:46 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

In addition to the obvious, TT starting, I noted that MR did NOT warm up. Lazarro took the backup shots. Hurt? Sick?
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

MacAdams on the tip in PP goal Engaras gets another point in the assist!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

More secondary scoring, per your request, Dan!

Comment

3-1 'Cats going into the 3rd low SOG but.'Cats have the edge 18-11 Biggest 3rd period of the season coming up go 'Cats!!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Grasso seems to be re-emerging as a reliable scorer for UNH lately.

Big 20 minutes coming up, right here ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Not the start of the third we wanted as NU ties it up...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Arghh we go.ahead on a heck of a roof job but they come right back to tie! Go'Cat!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X