X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by sonar View Post
    Goal, Assist and .......... a FIGHT
    Got it! I knew that was a part of it don't know why I left it out...
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-09-2020, 05:37 AM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Cyber speech police at work! Fascist scumbags I tell ya!!!!
      Must take one to know one, eh, e.cat? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Looks like some people said something, and then it went away. Hope the place isn't radioactive …
        *shrugs*

The more things change the more they stay the same, right Chuck? (aside from the slowly rising temperatures of this globe we all inhabit of course )
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

To take a little of the edge off this thread, and with the NH first-in-the-nation primary only a few weeks away, I'm going to post my own UNH-friendly version of the "UNH Primary", mostly pertaining to issues swirling around the future of the UNH Men's Hockey program. I'd ordinarily limit participation to just UNH voters, but since we all know our friends to the south often sneak over the border to "participate" in our voting, we will bow to the realities of real life and let non-UNH voters on here to try to tip the scales against the will of the UNH faithful. So without further ado, let's get going …

(1) Agree or Disagree - MS7 has done a good job as UNH head coach so far?

(2) Agree or Disagree - BS35+9's plan to bypass a national search to hire MS7 3 years early was genius?

(3) Agree or Disagree - Max Gildon will return for a 4th and final season at UNH next season?

(4) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the HE playoffs this season (top 8 finish)?

(5) Agree or Disagree - UNH will advance to the HE Semifinals (or beyond) in Boston this year?

(6) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the NCAA Tournament (Final 16) this season?

(7) The starting goalie(s) for UNH at this time next season will be (pick one):
          (a) Mike Robinson
          (b) Ty Taylor
          (c) Both (tandem)
          (d) Neither

(8) Charlie Kelleher and Patrick Grasso (A's this season) are likely C's next season. Who will join them?
          (a) Max Gildon
          (b) Benton Maass
          (c) Eric MacAdams
          (d) Kohei Sato
          (e) None of the above

(9) The leading scorer for next year's team - points & assists total - will be (pick one):
          (a) Angus Crookshank
          (b) Max Gildon
          (c) Charlie Kelleher
          (d) Jackson Pierson
          (e) None of the above (bonus points if you pick the "other" who does lead the team)

(10) Which of our recruiting gurus has the most accurate insight into incoming UNH recruits?
          (a) C-H-C
          (b) Dan
          (c) NCAA Watcher
          (d) Glenn Stewart

OPTIONAL - IN HONOR OF AGENT PROVOCATEUR E.CAT - proceed w/caution - you've been warned …

"I find the following item (a) hilarious; (b) offensive; (c) stupid; or (d) other"

https://babylonbee.com/news/fun-new-...r-climate-sins

Hoping we're still allowed to have some fun in the general context of hockey. Time will tell …
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Must take one to know one, eh, e.cat? :-)
            Yeah, yeah. Whatever

Speaking of fascists, there is a good docuseries about WWII on Netflix. Worth a look. One interesting tidbit I did not know was that the Nazis were all higher than a kite on meth before going into battle. Also Hitler apparently was using cocaine.

Go Cats!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Here are my takes

To take a little of the edge off this thread, and with the NH first-in-the-nation primary only a few weeks away, I'm going to post my own UNH-friendly version of the "UNH Primary", mostly pertaining to issues swirling around the future of the UNH Men's Hockey program. I'd ordinarily limit participation to just UNH voters, but since we all know our friends to the south often sneak over the border to "participate" in our voting, we will bow to the realities of real life and let non-UNH voters on here to try to tip the scales against the will of the UNH faithful. So without further ado, let's get going …

(1) Agree or Disagree - MS7 has done a good job as UNH head coach so far? Agree

(2) Agree or Disagree - BS35+9's plan to bypass a national search to hire MS7 3 years early was genius? DISAGREE

(3) Agree or Disagree - Max Gildon will return for a 4th and final season at UNH next season? Hmmmm....part of me says "disagree".....

(4) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the HE playoffs this season (top 8 finish)? Agree

(5) Agree or Disagree - UNH will advance to the HE Semifinals (or beyond) in Boston this year? Agree

(6) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the NCAA Tournament (Final 16) this season? Disagree

(a) Mike Robinson
              (b) Ty Taylor
              (c) Both (tandem) X
              (d) Neither

(8) Charlie Kelleher and Patrick Grasso (A's this season) are likely C's next season. Who will join them?
              (a) Max Gildon
              (b) Benton Maass
              (c) Eric MacAdams X
              (d) Kohei Sato
              (e) None of the above

(9) The leading scorer for next year's team - points & assists total - will be (pick one):
              (a) Angus Crookshank
              (b) Max Gildon
              (c) Charlie Kelleher
              (d) Jackson Pierson X
              (e) None of the above (bonus points if you pick the "other" who does lead the team)

(10) Which of our recruiting gurus has the most accurate insight into incoming UNH recruits?
              (a) C-H-C
              (b) Dan
              (c) NCAA Watcher
              (d) Glenn Stewart
              (e)a, b, and c

OPTIONAL - IN HONOR OF AGENT PROVOCATEUR E.CAT - proceed w/caution - you've been warned …

"I find the following item (a) hilarious; (b) offensive; (c) stupid; or (d) other"

LOL HILARIOUS
              UNH

Comment

1. Agree
                2. Disagree
                3. Disagree
                4. Agree
                5. Disagree
                6. Disagree
                7. A
                8. B
                9. A
                10. B
                O. D (amusing)
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Why me? Why, why, why? I'm just here to help:-)

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Why me? Why, why, why? I'm just here to help:-)
                    Of course you are, e.cat. Just giving you credit where credit is due.

Oh, and I know your affection for all things GT.

Comment

Of course you are, e.cat. Just giving you credit where credit is due.

Oh, and I know your affection for all things GT.
                      LOL

GT rocks

Comment

Nice lil article about our Patrick Grasso on the USCHO front page....so glad he's having a great season.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

(1) Agree or Disagree - MS7 has done a good job as UNH head coach so far?

(2) Agree or Disagree - BS35+9's plan to bypass a national search to hire MS7 3 years early was genius?

(3) Agree or Disagree - Max Gildon will return for a 4th and final season at UNH next season?

(4) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the HE playoffs this season (top 8 finish)?

(5) Agree or Disagree - UNH will advance to the HE Semifinals (or beyond) in Boston this year?

(6) Agree or Disagree - UNH will qualify for the NCAA Tournament (Final 16) this season?

(a) Mike Robinson
                          (b) Ty Taylor
                          (c) Both (tandem)
                          (d) Neither

(a) Max Gildon
                          (b) Benton Maass
                          (c) Eric MacAdams
                          (d) Kohei Sato
                          (e) None of the above

(a) Angus Crookshank
                          (b) Max Gildon
                          (c) Charlie Kelleher
                          (d) Jackson Pierson

(a) C-H-C
                          (b) Dan
                          (c) NCAA Watcher
                          (d) Glenn Stewart

Hoping we're still allowed to have some fun in the general context of hockey. Time will tell …
                          1. Agree
                          2. You’re conflating two questions, Chuck, so I will answer them accordingly. Hiring Souza without a search is something I have no problem with. Creating the 3-year exit plan was never good, but may have been the only option (as I’ve discussed before).
                          3. No chance Gildon stays. All he can do now is regress or get hurt. He’s gone.
                          4. We scratch our way into playoffs. A last-weekend determination
                          5. No chance we advance
                          6. See #5
                          7. Robinson
                          8. Maass
                          9. CK
                          10. CHC has clear best handle on those who are incoming (have signed). Dan unquestionably for those who are unsigned.

Hilarious.

Nice work on the poll, Chuck. Save for the sake of posterity.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Oh, and Chuck, with regards to West Point.... I too have been blessed to get a close-up of the post. As a sophomore in high school, I attended a week-long academic workshop there. We bunked in the barracks, attended classes, got steeped in the history, etc. it was an amazing experience. Then, at UNH, I raced for the cycling team, and the West Point weekend was always the highlight. On Saturday morning, we raced a two-mile individual time trial on post that ended going up Stoney Lonesome. Then Saturday afternoon we raced a circuit race that went around the athletic complex, paralleled the Hudson, and then under the Eisenhower Theater tunnel to the uphill start/finish line. Then Bear Mountain on Sunday for a road race. An athletic experience that I’ll never forget.

Comment

Really sad day in the land of rock and roll

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Really sad day in the land of rock and roll
                                RIP Neil Peart, 67, legendary drummer with Rush

Comment

Working...
                                X