X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Fair enough. Post wasn’t really directed at you. It was more general pessimism from me. Apologies.
    hey wasn't offended....!!! Listen...I can't walk in your (or the other veteran fans here) shoes and some in the past have thought (and posted) I was rather insensitive to the pain of the decline of the program here on this forum. I have no idea why they thought that but perceptions are what they are I guess. Anyway; we all want the same things for the team and it's not easy to go through the lows of something that had so much success in the past. Hopeful, hopeful for our future!! Go 'Cats!

Ps...not too happy with my Bruins but gee Snively Bentley clawed back and are in OT (getting tons of PP's too...8 Dartmouth penalties)
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Well yeah of course it was and that must've been some super heady times; hopeful they can return for those of us that missed all of that...

Ps. I was referring to the poster below (wildcatfan_GoUnh) who said MC would out class UNH in the next 4 years. And personally I'm not in the position to know one way or the other if that's a possibility. Imagine one of you guys who are into who's coming when/where as far as recruits can make your own speculations.
      One man's opinion … Borek is a reliable assistant, but he's not good enough to be a top-notch head coach. No shame in that, but with all due respect to the earlier poster, Borek isn't going to even scratch the modest accomplishments of Mark Dennehy during his time in North Andover. MS7 already has gotten a jump on Borek over their 1+ seasons in charge - starting from a position where he was well behind - and while I'm not certain that he's the one to take UNH back to the almost-Promised Land like his predecessor, I'm ****ed sure Borek wasn't going to pull that off either.

Say what you will about Borek - and again, I have no exe to grind, and I've heard he's a wonderful human being - but he's been with three programs over the last 20+ seasons who were all at or near the apex of D-1 hockey. Each and every one of them (Lake State, UNH and PC) fell further away from that apex when Borek was on board. Borek wasn't Jeff Jackson … Borek wasn't Brian McCloskey … and Borek wasn't up to the second-in-command under Coach Leaman either. That's more than an isolated trend - it's a pattern, and if that pattern holds, then Borek will be out at MC in 3--5 years with a program that hasn't sniffed the best of the Dennehy era. JMHO.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        hey wasn't offended....!!! Listen...I can't walk in your (or the other veteran fans here) shoes and some in the past have thought (and posted) I was rather insensitive to the pain of the decline of the program here on this forum. I have no idea why they thought that but perceptions are what they are I guess. Anyway; we all want the same things for the team and it's not easy to go through the lows of something that had so much success in the past. Hopeful, hopeful for our future!! Go 'Cats!

Ps...not too happy with my Bruins but gee Snively Bentley clawed back and are in OT (getting tons of PP's too...8 Dartmouth penalties)
        Hold your own and never apologize. You have a genuine spirit. And I am jealous. So, you will become a blackbear fan from this day forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          One man's opinion … Borek is a reliable assistant, but he's not good enough to be a top-notch head coach. No shame in that, but with all due respect to the earlier poster, Borek isn't going to even scratch the modest accomplishments of Mark Dennehy during his time in North Andover. MS7 already has gotten a jump on Borek over their 1+ seasons in charge - starting from a position where he was well behind - and while I'm not certain that he's the one to take UNH back to the almost-Promised Land like his predecessor, I'm ****ed sure Borek wasn't going to pull that off either.

Say what you will about Borek - and again, I have no exe to grind, and I've heard he's a wonderful human being - but he's been with three programs over the last 20+ seasons who were all at or near the apex of D-1 hockey. Each and every one of them (Lake State, UNH and PC) fell further away from that apex when Borek was on board. Borek wasn't Jeff Jackson … Borek wasn't Brian McCloskey … and Borek wasn't up to the second-in-command under Coach Leaman either. That's more than an isolated trend - it's a pattern, and if that pattern holds, then Borek will be out at MC in 3--5 years with a program that hasn't sniffed the best of the Dennehy era. JMHO.
          She is baptized Maine fan. So say it... and so it shall be...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            She is baptized Maine fan. So say it... and so it shall be...
            Isn't it a little early in the week for you to be nipping at the moonshine, BlackI??

Comment

Isn't it a little early in the week for you to be nipping at the moonshine, BlackI??
              Trying to figure out how Jimmy got fired. Yes I am upset over it. But if you want to come over top I am fine. But don’t you think this was said a “material” fault. You and I both know there is a huge fault here. So don’t **** me around. Enufffff

Comment

Trying to figure out how Jimmy got fired. Yes I am upset over it. But if you want to come over top I am fine. But don’t you think this was said a “material” fault. You and I both know there is a huge fault here. So don’t **** me around. Enufffff
                I know it's a full moon out there tonight … who the F is "Jimmy" and how is it relevant to anything here?

Comment

I know it's a full moon out there tonight … who the F is "Jimmy" and how is it relevant to anything here?

Stop.

Comment

Or keep writing that crap. Ya know, you could stand a lot of work on character development.

You are assuming and audience that is technical. But there is not many that can figure it out.

Comment

Or keep writing that crap. Ya know, you could stand a lot of work on character development.

You are assuming and audience that is technical. But there is not many that can figure it out.
                      You remind me of Tom Clancy with a chip on his shoulder.

Nobody will want to shift through your **** unless you make it more palatable, more entertains, and more true,

Comment

Next time you try to respond, can you make it in English AND coherent? Thanks in advance.

… then again, hamsters running across your keyboard is also within the realm of possibility ...

Comment

Next time you try to respond, can you make it in English AND coherent? Thanks in advance.

… then again, hamsters running across your keyboard is also within the realm of possibility ...
                          Keep shrinking your text. Make everything you write even more and more invisible.

Comment

Listen, I like what you are writing... but nobody is reading it. Because there is no character development. Which is as much to say, your average reader can’t follow your writing.

Comment

Listen, I like what you are writing... but nobody is reading it. Because there is no character development. Which is as much to say, your average reader can’t follow your writing.
                              I am sorry to be a hard ***. But truth from my heart is you put a lot into what you are writing. But you need to put it into a way most people can identify with. Otherwise.... it sucks.

Comment

Your audience at most is 200.

Why, because you can’t soften things about how you met Ralph for hickey talk and a donut. And you love your grandson and how he got straight As. And how you don’t know why, but you knew if you kept coming to the same donut shop, and you always took great care of the ice...

Comment

Working...
                                X