This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Last week we saw how a top 20 team responds to losing on their ice in the first half of a home and home. This week we will see what we learned.

Go 'cats!
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Last week we saw how a top 20 team responds to losing on their ice in the first half of a home and home. This week we will see what we learned.

Go 'cats!
      If they did learn someone from last weekend, and can execute this weekend, they may be a top 20 team next weekend.
      GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

Go 'cats!
        Terrific observation. Tonight will be fascinating, on that issue alone.

Of course, they'll then have to figure out the "letdown" issue next weekend when UConn arrives.

In its simplest form, in the big picture … last season was an improvement over the prior season.

So far, this season has been a solid, steady improvement over last season.

That's the way you turn your program around. Keep the momentum going forwards.

I'll predict a 3-3 tie tonight at The Whitt. Which would show UNH is continuing to learn.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Mike Robinson is 2-0-0 (with wins over a pair of top-10 teams), sporting a 2.00 GAA and a .935 SPCT, since Taylor was given three straight games from Yale to Northeastern. This is where rotations (or at least mixing in opportunities for both goaltenders) can make a huge difference. Complacency is bad for college athletes, challenges are good for them...

I'd stick with Robinson tonight, but I'd also continue to pick spots for Taylor because its better for both goaltenders and certainly better for the team to have them competing to be their best and win minutes...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            Only thing really gnawing at me tonight was our inability to finish. for us to whiff on an open net was abominable. Then we had somebody walk into the slot, alone, nobody within 5 feet, and not get a good shot off. Multiple other great looks but ineffective shots. Maybe it was Murray playing the angles well. I just think back to Haydar or Collins, and you just KNEW they would bury it.
            Guys like that are not walking through that door, at least not right now. I’d like to think that, if they can remain competitive against the top teams, skilled players would be more inclined to consider UNH. Am I dreaming?

Comment

Sorry, did someone mention my name in this thread?
              https://bchl.ca/stats/player/5588/40/john-evans

The Langley native recently committed to the University of New Hampshire for 2021-2022. Ardanaz is also thrilled to be playing next to his close friend and former Delta teammate John Evans who is also a recent commit of the Warriors for 2019-2020. “John and I have played with each other for as long as I remember”, stated Ardanaz. “It will be great to play out our first years of junior together on the same team. John’s a great player and a better teammate.”
              Evans, 17, spent the past four seasons with Delta Academy of the Canadian Sport School Hockey League(CSSHL). The South Surrey native was able to rack up 20 goals and 52 assists in only 35 games played in his 16 year old season with the Delta Academy Prep squad. “We are thrilled to have John and his family join ours here in West Kelowna.” Warriors Head Coach and General Manager Brandon West. “John is coming off another terrific season with the Delta Hockey Academy who have developed him on and off the ice. John is going to have a bright future here with us and we expect him to be a leader in the offence in due time. We feel that he is an elite 2002 who can make things happen on the ice and Warrior fans will be excited to watch him develop over the coming years.”
              24 points in last 19 games as a 17 year old

Code:
              LAN @ WK	2019-10-08	0	1	1
              WK @ WEN	2019-10-11	0	0	0
              WK @ WEN	2019-10-12	1	1	2
              SA @ WK	2019-10-18	0	1	1	2
              MER @ WK	2019-10-19	0	1	1
              WK @ WEN	2019-10-23	0	0	0
              TRA @ WK	2019-10-25	0	1	1
              WK @ TRA	2019-10-26	0	0	0
              WK @ COQ	2019-11-01	0	0
              WK @ PR	2019-11-08	0	0	0
              WK @ CV	2019-11-10	0	0	0
              WK @ PG	2019-11-16	0	1	1
              WK @ SUR	2019-11-20	0	1	1
              WEN @ WK	2019-11-22	0	0	0
              SA @ WK	2019-11-23	2	1	3
              PR @ WK	2019-11-29	0	0	0
              NAN @ WK	2019-11-30	1	1	2
              WK @ PEN	2019-12-06	0	0	0
              PEN @ WK	2019-12-07	1	1	2
              WK @ TRA	2019-12-13	2	0	2
              WEN @ WK	2019-12-14	1	0	1
              CHW @ WK	2019-12-17	0	1	1
              MER @ WK	2019-12-20	0	1	1
              WK @ MER	2019-12-21	0	1	1
              COQ @ WK	2020-01-03	0	1	1
              WK @ CHW	2020-01-04	0	0	0
              WK @ MER	2020-01-10	1	1	2
              MER @ WK	2020-01-11	1	1	2
              AV @ WK	2020-01-12	0	0	
              SUR @ WK	2020-01-17	0	2	2
              CV @ WK	2020-01-18	1	0	1
              PEN @ WK	2020-01-21	2	0	2
              VER @ WK	2020-01-24	0	1	1
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Guys like that are not walking through that door, at least not right now. I’d like to think that, if they can remain competitive against the top teams, skilled players would be more inclined to consider UNH. Am I dreaming?
                i'd like to think that too Greg; players will/can see that UNH is making real, tangible strides...they can be part of that....bringing back the glory days etc etc. Go 'Cats!!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  I think that’s exactly what we are all hoping for.
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    That's gotta be the mid-range and long-term plan, Greg.

Success breeds success, failure breeds failure. So far, MS7 has it going in the right direction.

As you're well aware, MS7 lived a good chunk of the UNH glory days as a player. If anyone can sell what it means to be part of a successful UNH program, competing at a national level, he would be the guy. He can point to the pictures up on the arena walls, and weave a first-person "I was there" narrative for his recruits, telling him he wants these kids to be the ones who - with him at the helm - finally gets UNH to the top of the D-1 pyramid. Something that (barely) eluded him as a player in 1999.

Done correctly (sincerely), it can be a very attractive sales pitch. I guess I always figured it was going to be Pat Foley who would be the guy to be selling it. Events have unfolded that have given that opportunity instead to MS7. I think we're all rooting for him to pull it off. Whether it's the Rangers in 1994, the Red Wings in 1999, or (*gulp*) BC in 2001 … it's always special when a team or a program that's been close, but experienced a long drought, finally breaks through to win it all. I hope we all live long enough to see it, it would have to be the greatest single sporting event in the history of New Hampshire if/when it finally does happen.

No pressure, guys.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

MacAdams down 4:03 in the first

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyref View Post
                        macadams down 4:03 in the first
                        ck!!!

Comment

Looking a bit like last night, minus the penalties

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            That's gotta be the mid-range and long-term plan, Greg.

Success breeds success, failure breeds failure. So far, MS7 has it going in the right direction.

As you're well aware, MS7 lived a good chunk of the UNH glory days as a player. If anyone can sell what it means to be part of a successful UNH program, competing at a national level, he would be the guy. He can point to the pictures up on the arena walls, and weave a first-person "I was there" narrative for his recruits, telling him he wants these kids to be the ones who - with him at the helm - finally gets UNH to the top of the D-1 pyramid. Something that (barely) eluded him as a player in 1999.

Done correctly (sincerely), it can be a very attractive sales pitch. I guess I always figured it was going to be Pat Foley who would be the guy to be selling it. Events have unfolded that have given that opportunity instead to MS7. I think we're all rooting for him to pull it off. Whether it's the Rangers in 1994, the Red Wings in 1999, or (*gulp*) BC in 2001 … it's always special when a team or a program that's been close, but experienced a long drought, finally breaks through to win it all. I hope we all live long enough to see it, it would have to be the greatest single sporting event in the history of New Hampshire if/when it finally does happen.

No pressure, guys.
                            Wings in ‘97. In ‘99 they bottled the three peat and Hully scored a dodgy cup clincher.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Mac Adam's back at it...'Cats hanging tough here comes the third...

Comment

OT here we come goooo 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X