Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if Chuck actually wants to continue this argument - he knows he can do so posting in the Cafe link I posted above. He won’t do that because he could read what way the wind was blowing. If he does respond he’ll do it here in his safe space undoubtedly...

—-

Stutzle with two assists in two games for Germany who beat the Czechs this morning (but lost to team USA yesterday)...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      If you have time, check out the "Beat Navy Tunnel," which takes pedestrians under one of the roads on campus. Navy holds the lead by a sizeable margin in the 120-year football history between the two, but unfortunately Navy still does not have a Div 1 hockey team, which would be a good fit to round up the AHC to 12 teams.
      Will do!! The 'Cats are back on the ice tomorrow woooo!!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-28-2019, 03:16 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        And if Chuck actually wants to continue this argument - he knows he can do so posting in the Cafe link I posted above. He won’t do that because he could read what way the wind was blowing. If he does respond he’ll do it here in his safe space undoubtedly...
        I have to ask you, Dan … who is it you're speaking to when you respond like you do above, or in other posts? You realize what you're doing is the walking, talking definition of grandstanding, no?? Or do you lack even that modicum of self-awareness???

Me? I'm speaking with you, right here. I'm not posting links to websites or webpages with directions for you to go speak to folks who would upset your left-leaning talking points. And you still haven't even attempted to provide any real answers to the simple questions I've outlined for you. You just dodge questions and smear any disagreeing sources. You lack intellectual curiosity.

For what it's worth … I was a registered Independent until after W's first term. I also voted on more than one occasion for a D governor (Lynch) because he was the last D who seemed genuinely open to making bipartisan government work locally. He was also a frequent attendee at UNH home games on the QT, and I'd go shake his hand if I saw him there. His like are missed, and badly needed.

Now, back to Google bias. Try this experiment. Enter "Sergey Brin after 2016 election" into YouTube search (owned by Google), and tell me how far you have to go down - past a lot of totally unrelated items BTW - until you get to this on-point item, which is pretty self-explanatory on the issue of clear bias, coming straight from the mouth of a (whining) immigrant-turned-billionaire, and the echo chamber of sycophants surrounding him at Google:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Lol, I’m not going to get sucked into another argument with a guy who has his head buried so deep in R talking points he no longer knows which way is up. I will take a brief moment to point out how fraudulent your last post was though, Chuck...

First of all, why you didn’t post the actual study? Or even the original article? Did you settle for posting a review of the first article because they manipulate the quotes, data and story to fit their narrative (Hey, just like you always do!)?

If you read the initial study it says nothing about liberal google bias - it claims that google gets a large percentage of its links from the it’s top ten sources (including Fox). You just don’t like a lot of those sites so to you that means proven liberal bias, but that’s not at all what the study concludes.

As for the article you linked, it flat out fabricates the quote from the study’s author. The bolded part (which is the home run for you) about quantitatively proving a liberal bias is NOT in the original article or part of the quote lifted for the review. It is entirely made up. It’s fake news, yet, it was added to the end of the real quote for desired effect and based in the understanding that the target audience wouldn’t ‘ask the right questions’...

I’ve never heard of The Lid - but I can only imagine what kind of source it actually is. Here’s what I found when I can checked the ‘about’ section...

“accuracy is important; therefore each news fact contains links to the original source, report or video or if unavailable identifies the source. The only exception is news personally covered by owner/editor Jeff Dunetz...”

Quick, I’ll give you three guesses who wrote the article you linked!

So your source on the subject is an article that deliberately misrepresents a quote and is written by a guy who says on his own website everything is factual except for what he writes personally. But I’m the naive one...

Did you mean to be so disingenuous about the study you cited Chuck? Or did you just jump on the first source that agreed with you? Cause this was an embarrassing effort even for you.

—-

Additionally, the study really says nothing about the political leanings Google or the sites often linked. It only claims that articles from the NYT, WaPo and CNN are more often shared by left-leaning readers (and only 60-40). I’m sure that has nothing to do with the fact that you’re party has told you not to read those sites, but OK the only answer is liberal bias because that’s the best answer...

I mean you only search out news you agree with or supports your side so everyone else must be doing this too!

The original study touches on a number of factors that you ignored, including SEO, a google focus on stories from the past 24 hours, etc. but don’t let the actual study you cite get in the way of the point you wish to make, which is that every site not overtly conservative is liberal trash...

Without even getting into the content of news sources - the ones you enjoy and often cite are not only right leaning but were founded EXPRESSLY to be ‘conservative’. Brietbart/the Federalist and CNN/NYT (for all their faults) are not the same and shouldn’t be treated as such by any search engine. Unless the goal is misinformation and dumbing down a population...

For reference, here is a current front page movie review teaser from The Federalist on Chuck’s favorite flick of the summer...

“It goes against every piety of liberal elites to portray the hippies as evil, but QT points out that the new liberation spawned a murderous cult.”

A. Movie. Review. It honestly says it all - regarding the difference between actual bias, actual agendas and perceived bias. And any news org or search engine that cuts through the crap instead of playing both sides is OK with me. If Chuck gets offended by this, too, so be it (all the better actually)...

Bottom line is Chuck knows what’s true and what’s not true. He knows where he gets his news. He knows why he goes to those sites for news. To rationalize that behavior he needs to project. And that’s where his liberal bias arguments originate...
          Kind of a long diatribe coming from someone who wrote he was going to stop commenting on this subject a few days ago. No surprise...
          Last edited by scoreboard; 12-28-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            Kind of a long diatribe coming from someone who wrote he was going to stop commenting on this subject a few days ago. No surprise...
            Lol, happy to see my posts still get the best of you. You said you ignore me but you keep responding angrily. No surprise...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Lol, happy to see my posts still get the best of you. You said you ignore me but you keep responding angrily. No surprise...
              Okay... I didn’t respond angrily. Just called you out for the fool you are.
              UNH gets 3 points in the upcoming games. Back on topic. 😀

Comment

• Warren Foegele has big 3 point night against the Caps(2 goals 1 assist)

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  I have to ask you, Dan … who is it you're speaking to when you respond like you do above, or in other posts? You realize what you're doing is the walking, talking definition of grandstanding, no?? Or do you lack even that modicum of self-awareness???

Me? I'm speaking with you, right here. I'm not posting links to websites or webpages with directions for you to go speak to folks who would upset your left-leaning talking points. And you still haven't even attempted to provide any real answers to the simple questions I've outlined for you. You just dodge questions and smear any disagreeing sources. You lack intellectual curiosity.

For what it's worth … I was a registered Independent until after W's first term. I also voted on more than one occasion for a D governor (Lynch) because he was the last D who seemed genuinely open to making bipartisan government work locally. He was also a frequent attendee at UNH home games on the QT, and I'd go shake his hand if I saw him there. His like are missed, and badly needed.

Now, back to Google bias. Try this experiment. Enter "Sergey Brin after 2016 election" into YouTube search (owned by Google), and tell me how far you have to go down - past a lot of totally unrelated items BTW - until you get to this on-point item, which is pretty self-explanatory on the issue of clear bias, coming straight from the mouth of a (whining) immigrant-turned-billionaire, and the echo chamber of sycophants surrounding him at Google:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
                  He says while grandstanding...

Sigh. I just can't resist this level of hypocrisy and projection. You've created quite a little fantasy USCHO persona for yourself, Chuck. The difference between us has always been that while you're so desperate in your attempts to frame how you want everyone here to view you, I've never cared one iota what you think of me or what I post. Do I revel in you, Chuck Murray, so open minded, so tough minded and so eager to ask the right questions being unwilling to take this debate to the appropriate and existing threads (on this very website) because of dissenting opinions? You bet I do. Once again, your actions run contrary to everything you claim to be...

Its laughable for you to accuse anyone of dodging or misdirecting arguments at anytime, but to do so while tucking your tail between your legs and running from my on topic post and instead creating a lane to argue your honor in internet debate is a complete chef's kiss. If you'd like me to be more intellectually curious in this conversation than feel free to post something even the least bit intellectually stimulating or intellectually honest.

Sorry to 'smear' your last source by pointing out that it completely fabricated the quote the entire article centered around. Post something honest and maybe we can take you seriously. Your sources have been partisan and embarrassing which is why I haven't been the only one to 'smear' them. BTW, are you capable of grasping the hypocrisy in the subtle liberal bias you perceive in a search engine, while solely citing links from websites founded specifically (as in, their mission statement) to promote right-wing talking points (Brietbart's own chairman called it 'the platform for the alt-right')? Or do you lack even that modicum of self-awareness?

Brin's a liberal. He doesn't like Trump and he donates to liberal causes. Everyone knows this. Is your problem money in politics? If so, I'm all ears (How AOC of you). Now that your mischaracterization of the NW study has blown up in your face, your evidence for what you perceive as unethical use of his organization is your (and Brietbart's) opinion of a lecture he gave? Maybe its actually your bias, not his, that leads to your opinion of Google. His search engine isn't tea-party centric. It focuses on major outlets (which you're biased against) and not the alt-right, intentionally misleading blogs you prefer. So he's unethical and out to get you like everyone else. Somebody's whining, that much is certain...

Your question is facile, flawed and entirely disingenuous. Its not really worthy of response, but since you won't shut up about it I'll address it. Do you really think your China/India take is some deep thinking gotcha counter point? Boy, we've come a long way from striving to be the example of a 'shining city on a hill' to the 'but, but, but that country is worse' defense...

The US should work to combat climate change regardless of what is happening in China/India (though give China credit for being honest enough to admit there's a problem). We should re-join the international community in searching for global solutions. We should work to encourage and aid the worst offenders in cleaning up their industrial communities and in their implementation of environmental initiatives. We should be leading on this issue in general and certainly leading by example. Its really that simple, but thank you for raising such a stimulating question that was in no way a pitiful attempt at what-aboutism...

No one cares who's hand you shook ten years ago. You're a walking, talking member of the party now. I'd respect you more if you owned it, but you can't even admit it to yourself which says it all (you're really an independent, turned off by the lack of bipartisanship from the...checks notes...democrats, lol, sure)...

Finally, with the season resuming today and the boring and predictable nature of all of your arguments (but mostly to get a little grandstanding in) - we should probably all move on (at least out of this thread). Your final, forthcoming PR efforts notwithstanding...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Made it!! Very cool place! Snively did the Tunnel!! Word around the rink is Pierson won't play till NU. Gooo'Cats!!

Comment

• Blackburn!!!

Comment

• Robinson gets beat on the two on one PP...

Comment

• Puck watching gives Army the 2-1 lead come on 'Cats!!🙄

Comment

• UNH answers with nice tip in by Grasso assists to Gildin and Sato
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-29-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• BK's back to the PP...'Cats gotta shake off what ails 'em..

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                UNH answers with nice tip in by Grasso assists to Gildin and Sato
                                Nice PK on the Sacco penalty. Holy cow this play-by-play dude announces the game as if every minute is the last minute in a Frozen Four OT game. It’s almost too much to listen to.

Barn looks quite military-like
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X