This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I was just asking Snively to clarify which "governator" he was referring to in his post. There were two meeting that definition who were running in the primary this week - one in each party BTW. A 3rd pol down there was also running (and faring poorly), and I only clarified she wasn't a governor down there. Yes, I used silly descriptive terms, but she brought all that upon herself admittedly, no? I'll plead guilty to taking a final shot at a disingenuous-at-best candidate before she's officially out of the race.

I'm back for lunch, folks (not HR BTW) are getting the vapors over … this? Really?!? My goodness …

Snives, please clarify whether it was Weld or Patrick who was/is a BC Hockey fan, so I know who to rip.
    Yeah, I meant BW, as forgot that DP was one of over 25 on the Dem primary ballot, and I doubt that he collected even a thousand votes.

But, for the right wingahs here, who way outnumber the left Wingahs, scoreboard, I bring this post back to UNH hockey, as my favorite NHL left wingah JvR had another good night with a goal and two assists (dunno about a fight).

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
      Would love a return to campus sites for NCAA regionals. Of course Providence might not - they would actually have to EARN a home game

I like what the WCHA has done with its postseason tourney moving it back to on campus sites. Doubt it would ever happen in HE and it might not be realistic. Although if you read about the search for Bertagna's replacement what to do with the league tourney is a topic of discussion. But imagine what the last month of this season would be like if teams were jockeying not just to get in the playoffs but for home ice slots all the way though the tournament?
      I would vote for the SNHU arena in Manchvegas becoming the annual site for the HEA tourney. Neutral, the place is essentially deserted now, except for deadbeat politicians, and is mathematically more centrally located than da Gahden, which is so old school.

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        I bring this post back to UNH hockey, as my favorite NHL left wingah JvR had another good night with a goal and two assists (dunno about a fight).
        I just finished watching the game. JvR got the Gordie Howe hat trick tonight. The fight came in the last minute of the game after JvR got nailed in the back by Jonathan Huberdeau of the Panthers.
        THINK PINK
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by whoop87 View Post
          I just finished watching the game. JvR got the Gordie Howe hat trick tonight. The fight came in the last minute of the game after JvR got nailed in the back by Jonathan Huberdeau of the Panthers.
          Fantastic, whoop! I missed the last few minutes as I was flipping back and forth with the C's game. With all due respect to the Great One, Gordie "Mr Hockey" Howe was my guy. :-)

Comment

Just to be clear, I do not agree with limiting speech on this forum, whether it's in cafe or anywhere else on USCHO. We need more communication in this country not less. Poking fun about issues and candidates is mild compared to what is out there but If you don't want to participate in the banter that's your choice.

Go Cats beat SUX2BU!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Really didn't want to get into it with someone who's probably been my favorite poster on here for a long LONG time, due to his consistent quality and subtle sense of humor. But with a second shot across the bow coming in overnight, I guess I need to at least chime in. Apologies to all in advance …

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              This "D+" level forced trolling is way too weak to trigger us "snowflakes" and score you some trigger points on your scoresheet. Or is the trigger scoring system so watered down that you will still get credit? I would think you'd need to at least link it with a "Odummy" reference.
              Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Perfectly played. Troll (poorly) trying to offend lib-tard-s. Get mild rebuke for trolling on non-political forum, and claim victimhood. 400 internet Fox points for you.
              First of all, you throw around the use of two terms (one pejorative about the previous President, the other on liberals) that I've never used, either here or elsewhere. I'll talk about 44 later. There are also a few other "straw men" you've set up in the space of two relatively tidy posts, and then proceeded to take out. Good for you, I guess. If I were following your lead, I guess this is the point where I'd accuse you of being a granola-munching, MSNBC Maddow devotee? But I don't know that, so I won't go there.

I'm not sure where "victimhood" comes into play, but if that's the called-for reaction you're sensing through your political lens, who am I to tell you otherwise, 'Watcher? I think others might have already seen it for what it is, which is lamenting that folks of different persuasions used to be able to come on here and enjoy a little bit of harmless give-and-take, no harm, no foul. And it seems like even that has gone away. I'll just have to adjust to the changing winds of the USCHO/UNH world at some point.

Now briefly onto the "meat and potatoes" … I never voted for President Obama (I know, you're shocked), and I wasn't really a big fan of many of his liberal policies. But he was elected (twice) fair and square, so he was the President, and we all have our feelings on how well those 8 years went. So in 2016, President Trump was elected, fair and square, and all we've heard from those of the other political persuasion has been hair-on-fire, end-of-the-world, non-stop whining for almost 4 years now. And ironically, the whining comes in the aftermath of the opposition to President Trump lecturing him (and his supporters) on how dangerous and poisonous it would be to question the legitimacy of elections. I guess that only applies when elections (which President Obama most assuredly told us "have consequences") go the way the entitled folks determine they should go. Which reminds me of this recent take from the Babylon Bee on that very point …

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrat...-next-election

Also, I know it's Page One of the "Resist" playbook to try to cast Fox News in a negative light, since all media should be squarely on the same page, since there's only one right way to think. Dems, liberals, the left, the elite, whatever - when the mainstream media has a very obvious, baked-in bias that runs in your favor, then every game is a home game, and I suppose Fox and the deplorables are supposed to be the Washington Generals to your Harlem Globetrotters, right? Except when MSM supports the blatantly false "Russia" narrative for well over three (3) years. Fox didn't lie to us on that fraud. I don't necessarily subscribe to each and every point Fox backs (I'm a Tucker Carlson guy, not so much for Sean Hannity, and I know e-cat was/is a Bill O'Reilly guy), but if nothing else, the last few years has exposed the MSM as blatantly partisan (which many of us suspected long ago).

But before we put this one to bed for good, 'Watcher (and others, Dan, etc.) rest assured I'm fine with the give-and-take, and yours truly is never going to claim "victimhood" because that's not the way I'm wired. I suppose amassing "victimhood" points on your side of the aisle apparently works the same way you describe your "trolling" points or whatever. And if I'm missing the humorous intent on your part - which BTW I've not entirely ruled out yet - my sincere apologies, you "got" me really good.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

there is so much dumb ignorance in that last post ... what with the false equivalancies and claims of "MSM bias" while Fox is hunky dory ... but this is the world today. This guy is hardly the only one who has been blinded by the nonsense. Move along.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
                  there is so much dumb ignorance in that last post ... what with the false equivalancies and claims of "MSM bias" while Fox is hunky dory ... but this is the world today. This guy is hardly the only one who has been blinded by the nonsense. Move along.
                  I believe you have just proved many of his points Scooby snack...
                  GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Stick to hockey Chuck. You embarrass yourself when you parrot Fox and it’s biggest fan.
                    Full credit please, Greg? Chuck is an all topic posting inclusive embarrassment poster. Emphasis on inclusive.

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Cant escape this stuff...not even here!!! I come here to discuss UNH hockey. Harrumph. ??
                    +1

And softball when hockey season ends.

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                    Fair enough. The series against BU is critical. Anything less than a split would put them in great jeopardy of not making the playoffs. Even a split may be a problem. They have already lost to BU earlier in the season so how they fare against them this weekend will be very telling.
                    BU comes to Durham with a Beanpot shoulder chip.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Really...

good.
                    scroll. ignore.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

What happened to your post HockeyRef? You made some decent points? Political talk, banter, trashing or whatever you want to call it is inescapable in a presidential election cycle. There is PLENTY of hockey talk to go around, if people choose to inject politically charged posts, so be it, doesn't offend or bother me. If political name calling gets your blood pressure up, just gloss over and move along. Personally I find Pocahontas, tRump, Sleepy Joe, etc. a bit amusing, but that's just me. As far as hockey goes, I see a 4-3 win tonight in favor of the Cats! Oh and one more thing, I feel UNH should reconsider the Dollar Dog night as some thin-skinned types might find it is a slight to those having more of an affinity to canines. Just imagine if they offered Dollar Kitty night at BU!
                      GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                        What happened to your post HockeyRef? You made some decent points? Political talk, banter, trashing or whatever you want to call it is inescapable in a presidential election cycle. There is PLENTY of hockey talk to go around, if people choose to inject politically charged posts, so be it, doesn't offend or bother me. If political name calling gets your blood pressure up, just gloss over and move along. Personally I find Pocahontas, tRump, Sleepy Joe, etc. a bit amusing, but that's just me. As far as hockey goes, I see a 4-3 win tonight in favor of the Cats! Oh and one more thing, I feel UNH should reconsider the Dollar Dog night as some thin-skinned types might find it is a slight to those having more of an affinity to canines. Just imagine if they offered Dollar Kitty night at BU!
                        Now, THAT's amusing!

Comment

The point is if you're offended by a little political humor then you need to lighten up a bit. It's not like anybody punched you in the face for wearing a Bernie hat ferchrissakes! Humor is good. It takes the edge off. JMHO

GO CATS!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                            You recognize the difference between being "offended" and respecting others' preference for hockey, not politics?

If you find that calling Warren "Fauxahontas" is "political humor," then you also shouldn't be offended by Greg's "shut the f up" humor. Call it both ways, Ref.

So, let's keep this to hockey, as I think we all want. UNH loses 5-2 today. BU is starting to gets its talent to its level.
                            I think what you're missing Watcher is that the New Hampshire primary is a BIGLY deal for New Hampshire and it is the first in the nation primary. Since this is a New Hampshire thread it's only logical to assume that it might engender some banter. I happen to be a proponent of free speech. We do have a right to express our views in this country don't we? I get that you and others do not want to hear political views on this forum but I respectfully disagree. People should be free to express their opinions here or anywhere else they choose. That includes people I disagree with. So let's just let people have their say and move on.

GO CATS!
                            Last edited by e.cat; 02-14-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              I think what you're missing Watcher is that the New Hampshire primary is a BIGLY deal for New Hampshire and it is the first in the nation primary. Since this is a New Hampshire thread it's only logical to assume that it might engender some banter. I happen to be a proponent of free speech. We do have a right to express our views in this country don't we? I get that you and others do not want to hear political views on this forum but I respectfully disagree. People should be free to express their opinions here or anywhere else they choose. That includes people I disagree with. So let's just let people have their say and move on.

GO CATS!
                              and others are free to leave which arguably diminishes (has diminished?) the quality of the hockey talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                and others are free to leave which arguably diminishes (has diminished?) the quality of the hockey talk.
                                My guess is the banter will subside soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X