X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Heading down to the XL Center Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to what should be a much more enjoyable ride, as compared to the recent Friday night trip to Providence. However the results at PC more than offset the long and slow trek. Really hoping the easy ride on Saturday is not offset by a disappointment! It's weekends like this that really let you know where a team stands, IMO this is a big one. Bought my tickets online for the PC game and glad I did as Schneider sold out, no such worries at the XL this time!
    +1.

We know we can get up for big games, now we'll see about little ones. < 3 points this weekend is a disappointment. 4 points = continued giddiness.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Regardless of what anyone thinks about UConn; they are not going to be a pushover. We haven't won at the XL Center as far as I know since UC's been in HE? Tied them last year there, beat them big at the 'Whitt the next night so it's entirely doable. Every point matters and any team can win on any given night. We aren't in the position to just show up (and I know they know that). As d.gerry says this is a huge weekend...just as big as the past few; shows what's what. Should we sweep the weekend? Absolutely! Go 'Cats!!!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Regardless of what anyone thinks about UConn; they are not going to be a pushover. We haven't won at the XL Center as far as I know since UC's been in HE? Tied them last year there, beat them big at the 'Whitt the next night so it's entirely doable. Every point matters and any team can win on any given night. We aren't in the position to just show up (and I know they know that). As d.gerry says this is a huge weekend...just as big as the past few; shows what's what. Should we sweep the weekend? Absolutely! Go 'Cats!!!
        Certainly - and UConn has been an especially *****ly thorn in their side in recent seasons - but its time to bear down and win the games your supposed to win...

Most importantly, for PWR purposes, bad losses can kill you. They can't afford to give away more than one - if that - of these games. In terms of the HE standings and advancing in the post-season (which may be necessary for PWR purposes) these are critical games in terms of seeding. They're still in sixth place, they need points against UConn and Vermont to move up and it would be great to go into the BU/UML series even or perhaps in a position of strength. A home ice QF would be huge if the goal is to get to Boston (obviously) and add wins to ones' resume, while a road series would still be a daunting challenge (HE has five teams in the NCAA Tournament right now, with UML and UMO as the last two out - so no easy passes in the middle of the pack, but that is especially so away from home)...

These might be the most important weekends left in the regular season, if for no other reason than the harm you do to yourself if you leave points on the table. Gotta make them count...
        Last edited by Dan; 01-30-2020, 03:25 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

3 goals on 4 shots...not a good look UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            3 goals on 4 shots...not a good look UNH
            We are putting on a CLINIC tonight!!
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Much better 'Cats!!

Comment

Come on D clear them out of that crease!!

Comment

For some reason, that I have never been able to figure out, NH has always had trouble getting up for supposed cupcake opponents. It looks like the boys are awake now, so we’ll see how it goes. I’d like to see them draw penalties with their hustle. Just like that!!!

Comment

3-3 on PP. tied it up.

Comment

Both goalies looking shaky tonight. Lots of juicy rebounds

Comment

Looking good, winning faceoffs, clearing the zone, outshooting the Hussies.

Comment

Sog ! Sog !

Comment

OmG....the 'Whitt is flipping their you know what...but we shouldn't be in this position to begin with..

Comment

Wow. That’s one of those calls where the camera might not give you indisputable evidence, but physics and/or common sense would tell you we got robbed. Turned a 4-3 advantage into a 4-3 deficit in 20 seconds. And then quickly 5-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Wow. That’s one of those calls where the camera might not give you indisputable evidence, but physics and/or common sense would tell you we got robbed. Turned a 4-3 advantage into a 4-3 deficit in 20 seconds. And then quickly 5-3.
                                Unbelievable...

Comment

Working...
                                X