X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations are in order

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    You must mean JvR, who scored a goal and two assists on Saturday night in 4-1 win over Kings, and another goal on Tuesday night in 3-0 win over Pens?
    Yes, of course, Snives … and also, thanks for reminding me to extend congratulations to UNH's own James van Riemsdyk for getting promoted from the Flyers' 3rd line back up to the 2nd line in their two recent wins, after a week or so of "hibernation" while languishing on the 3rd line during his protracted scoring slump:

https://themorningpuck.com/line-comb...ers#2020-01-13

While on topic, this weekend will mark the 11th consecutive season where JvR won't be on one of the NHL All-Star squads. Maybe 12th time's the charm next year?

Finally, this is for e.cat as he copes with withdrawal symptoms from his all-time fave …

https://babylonbee.com/news/greta-th...-emissions-now

Happy Thursday, everyone!!
    Last edited by Chuck Murray; 01-23-2020, 08:31 AM.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: Congratulations are in order

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Yes, of course, Snives … and also, thanks for reminding me to extend congratulations to UNH's own James van Riemsdyk for getting promoted from the Flyers' 3rd line back up to the 2nd line in their two recent wins, after a week or so of "hibernation" while languishing on the 3rd line during his protracted scoring slump:

https://themorningpuck.com/line-comb...ers#2020-01-13

While on topic, this weekend will mark the 11th consecutive season where JvR won't be on one of the NHL All-Star squads. Maybe 12th time's the charm next year?

Finally, this is for e.cat as he copes with withdrawal symptoms from his all-time fave …

https://babylonbee.com/news/greta-th...-emissions-now

Happy Thursday, everyone!!
      A little of topic here Chuck but it has been pretty quiet. All the talk about FOWs and SOGs is interesting and obviously very nuanced. But looking ahead we have 6X2s coming up and we need to take an average of 2 points a weekend to reach the playoffs is my guess. Last Saturday was a bummer and a long walk out after looking at the scoreboard and seeing 5-1! I took a friend and at the buzzer he said "this must be their worst beatdown of the year." My first thought was yeah that was probably the worst score I could easily remember. But I quickly thought no, that wasn't that bad!!! With 3.5 minutes left it was 3-1 and we pulled our goalie. Did i think we would win? No, but I thought we had a chance to close it and possibly tie it. But 3.5 minutes with an empty net against PC is a tough task and the ENG broke their back and hence 5-1.
      However. While PC make the necessary adjustments from Friday night's game and really slowed down our transition game and offensive zone time we did not look horrible by any stretch. We worked hard were not as effective as we had been Friday night but do not need to hang our heads. We got out played enough of the time for them to win. Special teams is the obvious and glaring problem but 5 on 5 we were very respectable all weekend.
      So lets get our 2 points tonight and take the pressure off for tomorrow. Go Cats!

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Robinson gets the nod in net let's go 'Cats!!!!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Things got busy this week so I was not able to finish my thoughts on how important face-offs are on special teams. Pay special attention to the face-offs to start the penalty kills and power plays tonight and evaluate how the rest of these situations go according to whether we won the draw cleanly, tied/undetermined or lost the draw cleanly.

Discuss more later.

Comment

Great PK and then Sato and Engaras whiff on a puck that was sitting on the goal line. Now back on the PK. Ugh
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

9-7 FOW advantage to UNH

Comment

7-3 SOG to UMAss. When killing 3 penalties is our highlight for the period, you’re left wanting.

Comment

Mac!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Mac!!!
                    On our 8th shot of the night with 7:20 left in 2nd

Comment

That's a good period UNH! Robinson huge on some saves; PK holding up...now go get 'em 'Cats!!!

Comment

1-0 after 2.

Comment

Battlin'!!! Def battlin'. Hang tough 'Cats!!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              5-5 on PK

Comment

Another huge road win!

Comment

Working...
                                X