This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Dan, with all due respect, if you think I’ll avoid political comments made in jest on this thread, you are out of your mind. I’m as likely to say that someone “played bigly” last night as I am to discuss how “some coach won something” in 1980. If we can’t use the absurdities of our world (be they political, societal, pop culture-y, economic, etc.), to have some light-hearted fun, then we have lost our way as free-thinking adults. And as a pure Randian objectivist (yep, 100% of Americans hate 50+% of what I believe in), I have no dog in yours/Chuck’s debate. Or maybe half a dog!

For the record, while I believe that the earth is indeed warming, there is so much garbage science on BOTH sides of the argument, it leaves one wishing for an honestly unbiased view. But too many people are either chasing grant money in “peer-reviewed” papers or trying to support a contrarian political viewpoint that it’s impossible to cut through the garbage to really understand the threat we face. And that stinks. Cronkite no longer exists.

Okay, I’m done with that topic. I solemnly swear to not respond to any responses.
    +1
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Post not aging well.

Caps announcers referring to this as a bludgeoning.

Cup is now clearly B’s to lose.
      HR is loving every minute 😎
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Speaking of current events and culture, Roenick having his Musberger/Namath moment. Not quite rising to Jimmy the Greek levels, but makes you wonder why they do it. It seems to happen on podcasts and radio broadcasts all too often - it’s as if they don’t think what they say on those media go beyond those imaginary four walls.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          HR is loving every minute 😎
          Bruins history: what happened 40 years ago tonight, that is 23 December 1979?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Bruins history: what happened 40 years ago tonight, that is 23 December 1979?
            Guessing - was this the jumping in the stands night?
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Dan, with all due respect, if you think I’ll avoid political comments made in jest on this thread, you are out of your mind.
              I wasn’t speaking for myself. I was speaking in regard to those that expressly didn’t care for the topic.

If people want to make political jokes (or any off topic posts) it doesn’t bother me - but political posts are especially prone to reaction and response. So people can joke all they wish, but no complaining when that generates push back...

—-

BTW, two assists for JVR who is red hot...
              Last edited by Dan; 12-23-2019, 11:10 PM.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

—-

BTW, two assists for JVR who is red hot...

Good thing that JvR is beginning to pick up steam, as "UNH South" in Charlotte is struggling to get points.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  Post not aging well.

Caps announcers referring to this as a bludgeoning.

Cup is now clearly B’s to lose.
                  Also, an interesting case study for the "SOG's mean nothing" camp. Caps outshot the B's something like 42-18 or thereabouts, but lost in a blowout that was never really a close game at any point.

Perhaps JvR's recent hot streak finally provides us with real proof of man-made global warming?
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

And, the NESN UNH hockey player of the decade in their Hockey East review is ......,...

Tyler Kelleher!

I cannot argue against that selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Good thing that JvR is beginning to pick up steam, as "UNH South" in Charlotte is struggling to get points.
                      I have been in the Philly area for most of the month and have to say the flyers broadcast team has nothing but positives to say about JvR. Like his play all over the ice.
                      As to your points over the next 3 games, I will hope for 3 and greatly fear 2. This is a fun team to watch and are coming on, but the 2.5 goal per game can't carry you unless you are getting outstanding goaltending. I had gone out on a limb before the season started predicting 105 goals. We will be back at the 90 of last year if we don't find ways to be more consistent.
                      Wish all Cats fans the best this Holiday Season.
                      Go Cats!

Comment

And, the NESN UNH hockey player of the decade in their Hockey East review is ......,...

Tyler Kelleher!

I cannot argue against that selection.
                        Here, here...TyK...one of the best of 'em. (Ask any Maine fan )
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          I have been in the Philly area for most of the month and have to say the flyers broadcast team has nothing but positives to say about JvR. Like his play all over the ice.
                          As to your points over the next 3 games, I will hope for 3 and greatly fear 2. This is a fun team to watch and are coming on, but the 2.5 goal per game can't carry you unless you are getting outstanding goaltending. I had gone out on a limb before the season started predicting 105 goals. We will be back at the 90 of last year if we don't find ways to be more consistent.
                          Go Cats!
                          Right back atcha (and everyone!!) ATW!!!! Will you be at Army? Go 'Cats!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Right back atcha (and everyone!!) ATW!!!! Will you be at Army? Go 'Cats!!
                            Unfortunately the answer is no! When I saw that in september I thought great, new venue and reasonable road trip. But 3 trips to the mid atlantic in 25 days is just about enough. Enjoy and lets hope they can score more than Army.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              Go Cats!
                              No "hope" and "fear" allowed, ATW. :-)

Need to pick a whole number for points between 0 and 6 (2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss) for the next theee games. Or, can simply take the over/under on 4.5 points.

Good to hear that Flyer fans are happy with JvR being back in Philly, the team that drafted and signed him.

Comment

No "hope" and "fear" allowed, ATW. :-)

Need to pick a whole number for points between 0 and 6 (2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss) for the next theee games. Or, can simply take the over/under on 4.5 points.

Good to hear that Flyer fans are happy with JvR being back in Philly, the team that drafted and signed him.
                                Okay S65 I guess you got me on my fence sitting. I'll will use this repreve to case a vote for 3.... but still fear 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X