Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Who will stop Jack Dugan and Tyce Thompson? And, Greg Printz and Mike Callahan?

Did not get the tie we wanted in Bridgeport tonight, so Yukon moves up to sixth, tied with Terriors, leaving Cats and Black Bears tied for eighth. Who will join the Warriors and Catamounts on the outside looking in this season?

Updated PWR places UNH alone in 22nd, just behind Army (who?) in 21st, separated by a mere 0.0001 in RPi. Maine, you ask? They are now all the way down to 32nd in PWR. And, earlier there was a tangential reference to Bobby V's AHA team in reference to Bridgeport; Sacred Heart is now 26nd in PWR.
    UNH only 1 off in the loss column from first place in HEA:-)

Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    UNH only 1 off in the loss column from first place in HEA:-)
    Yup, PWR does not lie. Sweep the Friars this weekend and we might come close to flipping them for their PWR spot. Pretty amazing, especially for a team that lost to Army, Bentley, Merrimack, and Maine (twice).

Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Anyone interested in a pair of tickets to Saturday's game vs. Providence? We have a pair available for most home games left, Sec 102, row N, corner sec where UNH shoots 2x $40 OBO for the pair (retail $24/seat)

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

Yup, PWR does not lie. Sweep the Friars this weekend and we might come close to flipping them for their PWR spot. Pretty amazing, especially for a team that lost to Army, Bentley, Merrimack, and Maine (twice).
    Wow...I hope that is not lost on them. (of course it's on their radar) What a great weekend that would be for them and it would be a herculean feat I suppose. However it is in the realm of possibility! Any given night... Wouldn't that be somethin'....go 'Cats!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Seasoned Veteran
    We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the Bentley, Army and one Maine game IIRC!

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the Bentley, Army and one Maine game IIRC!
    Not so sure about Bentley game, e.cat. Bentley led by a goal for ~5 mins middle of first and UNH led by a goal for ~8 mins beginning of third. However, being a SOG guy, I suppose you could argue for UNH snatching defeat with their 25-14 shot advantage. FOW pretty much a draw with UNH up 17-25 in that department.

Seasoned Veteran
    Not so sure about Bentley game, e.cat. Bentley led by a goal for ~5 mins middle of first and UNH led by a goal for ~8 mins beginning of third. However, being a SOG guy, I suppose you could argue for UNH snatching defeat with their 25-14 shot advantage. FOW pretty much a draw with UNH up 17-25 in that department.
    My take is that UNH went up 2-1 early in the third period and gave up the game tieing goal mid way through the third. Then lost it in OT. Not to take anything away from Bentley but IMHO, UNH gave that one away!

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

Third period leads in all 3 games … can you imagine where UNH would be, with even 2 wins out of 3?

CHAMPIONS OF DECEMBER!!!!!

Can't cry over spilled milk. The biggest games are yet to come. Win these now, the past won't matter.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Third period leads in all 3 games Ö can you imagine where UNH would be, with even 2 wins out of 3?

CHAMPIONS OF DECEMBER!!!!!

Can't cry over spilled milk. The biggest games are yet to come. Win these now, the past won't matter.
    Agree!

Max Gildon is selected for the fan vote for the Hobey...vote here!

https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-16-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Five for Fighting

Planning on going tomorrow night with my daughter, tickets at the door shouldn't be a problem I assume? Can't remember what I did the last time I went (order online or buy at the door). Definitely headed down early as Friday night traffic is a bear!
    GO BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by d.gerry View Post
    Planning on going tomorrow night with my daughter, tickets at the door shouldn't be a problem I assume? Can't remember what I did the last time I went (order online or buy at the door). Definitely headed down early as Friday night traffic is a bear!
    Wish I could go too...but no way with that traffic from where I live. You should be able to get tix. Hope it's not 'bell ringer night'...nightmare.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Youíre a brave man Dale. N.H. to Providence on a Friday night? My guess you better leave right after she gets out of school!

Five for Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Youíre a brave man Dale. N.H. to Providence on a Friday night? My guess you better leave right after she gets out of school!
    Thatís the plan Greg, about 2:30 or so...
    GO BLUE!

Thatís the plan Greg, about 2:30 or so...
    Thatís a goal. Also, Krug kicked his arse.

Just a quick couple of thoughts. Yes 95 is a bear and especially on a Friday leaving that early will certainly get you there in plenty of time. We always do a similar thing and try to get to our favorite close to campus eatery, the ABBY. It is just up the street from Scheider. A great little bar with a diverse menu. They have like 60 beers and it is just a mix of students and locals. If you are not there before 4:45 +/_ forget it. It is small and the turn over will just take to long. Parking stinks. but an easy turn around to return to campus. It terms of tickets, it is hard to know but I would call the ticket office and pick them up at will call. I called Tuesday and was told there was nothing lower level. I am in 121 where we shoot twice. Calling is important because they do sell out frequently and they have some really obstructed view seats that would drive you crazy.

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

I wouldn't go anywhere near Rte. 95. I've always taken Rte. 495, and it's worked out pretty well.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Just a quick couple of thoughts. Yes 95 is a bear and especially on a Friday leaving that early will certainly get you there in plenty of time. We always do a similar thing and try to get to our favorite close to campus eatery, the ABBY. It is just up the street from Scheider. A great little bar with a diverse menu. They have like 60 beers and it is just a mix of students and locals. If you are not there before 4:45 +/_ forget it. It is small and the turn over will just take to long. Parking stinks. but an easy turn around to return to campus. It terms of tickets, it is hard to know but I would call the ticket office and pick them up at will call. I called Tuesday and was told there was nothing lower level. I am in 121 where we shoot twice. Calling is important because they do sell out frequently and they have some really obstructed view seats that would drive you crazy.
    Have a great night you guys!! Will be watching from afar. I have had maybe 4 trips to PC and have always enjoyed it as I've seen us win there more than we lose so it's a decent matchup...Go 'Cats!!

Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Have a great night you guys!! Will be watching from afar. I have made a few trips to PC and have always enjoyed it as I've seen us win there more than we lose so it's a decent matchup...Go 'Cats!!

Sato!!

Thread Information