Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ RPI, Saturday, 12/7/19

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Knocked RPI out of the playoffs for the last couple of years, both at Meehan and the Field House.
    And of course filed the complaint that made it so that we no longer got free horns given out at the Big Red Freakout! And took part in one of the biggest brawls ever seen on HFH ice with a slew of penalty minutes given out!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Just some minutia- I too am too lazy to look it up - but I recall at least once (and perhaps more than that) when we had more than one player wearing the same number during the same season. 50+ years of following RPI hockey can do some strange things to one's brain!
      The one that springs to mind is that Brian Ronayne wore 18 after Barry Sherwood left in the 68-69 season. There were definitely others.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Knocked RPI out of the playoffs for the last couple of years, both at Meehan and the Field House.
        Not to mention they have been to the ECAC Final Four a few times in recent memory.

I think they even played Union in the championship game one year, when we haven't been to the Final Four since Matt Murleys last game, 2002 I think.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the last time RPI and Brown faced each other in the playoffs was in 2016, when RPI won both games, 3-2 and 4-3.

It is, however, true that prior to Saturday night, Brown had won six consecutive regular-season games from RPI. Last year, they won by scores of 2-1 and 3-0, which means that with three seconds to play in Saturday night's game, Gavin Nieto had given up a grand total of one goal in his last 179 minutes and 57 seconds of action against RPI.

Doesn't matter what anybody yelled at him. He knows he's not that bad.

Comment

Working...
          X