This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

From the Dartmouth thread. Interesting to read how others view the BU program.

"-That was a great rally but BU is not as good a team as Dartmouth. They just have individuals with more potential who I think see BU as a 1-year internship before going pro. And I don't mean that to be hard on those players--they're future pros and if I were them, I'd be the same I'm sure. But it's a challenge to develop cohesiveness in a program when so many guys come and go quickly."
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      From the Dartmouth thread. Interesting to read how others view the BU program.

"-That was a great rally but BU is not as good a team as Dartmouth. They just have individuals with more potential who I think see BU as a 1-year internship before going pro. And I don't mean that to be hard on those players--they're future pros and if I were them, I'd be the same I'm sure. But it's a challenge to develop cohesiveness in a program when so many guys come and go quickly."
      I wrote it, so I'll just make sure the emphasis is on "team". BU has far more talented players than Dartmouth; it's not even close. I just wonder how team's development is impacted when so many come and go as quickly as has been the trend these days. They looked like a collection of individuals last night (which for me is a small sample size, so you guys would know better).

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
        I wrote it, so I'll just make sure the emphasis is on "team". BU has far more talented players than Dartmouth; it's not even close. I just wonder how team's development is impacted when so many come and go as quickly as has been the trend these days. They looked like a collection of individuals last night (which for me is a small sample size, so you guys would know better).
        BU hasn't had a "team" since '06.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
          uh...
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            What now...?
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              Well, it's good to know that they can win Beanpot titles, HE regular season and tournament titles and NCAA titles without having a "team."

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Is there a record for blown 3 goal leads in a season? If so, something to shoot for.
                Sorry, but my statistical research on past seasons was not granular enough for me to answer that questions. However, for this season there have been 13 blown 3-0 leads to date and the team that blew the 3-0 lead has gone 4-3-6. As you know, BU has lost and tied 2 of the games. Of the other 11 games St. Cloud was able to win 1 (which they were up 3-0 and 4-1 only to let it be tied) and tie 1, while Wisconsin, NU and Canisius were able to win the other 3 games. Brown (gave up 4 straight goals) and Alabama-Huntsville (gave up 9 straight goals) lost their games, while Bemidji (actually blew a 4-0 lead), UNH (fell behind 4-3 and was able to tie it back up), Harvard (also led 4-2 before being tied up) and Bentley managed ties. Four other games this season were 4-1, before being tied up: BU, NMU (which then won), UAA (ended 4-4) and Bentley (ended 4-4). So, so far this season BU does lead in the blown 3 goal led category with 3 games (0-1-2), with St. Cloud (1-0-1) and Bentley (0-0-2) 2 each.

Sean
                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 01-13-2020, 11:36 AM.
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I’m watching PTI. Tony says UNC should never be 8-8.

BU should never be 7-7-5.

BU Hockey: Below Standard.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Not sure what the surprise is as this is really a bridge season in my opinion. Team is really young and there will be growing pains and sporadic games. They need to learn how to play with leads and that comes with experience. They may lose zegras but will be adding blue chip power forwards and a stud goalie which will help immensely and Amonte will be back. Next year should be vastly improved results.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                      and Amonte will be back. Next year should be vastly improved results.
                      tony is not walking through that door. and if he is, he'll be old and grey.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not sure what the surprise is as this is really a bridge season in my opinion. Team is really young and there will be growing pains and sporadic games. They need to learn how to play with leads and that comes with experience. They may lose zegras but will be adding blue chip power forwards and a stud goalie which will help immensely and Amonte will be back. Next year should be vastly improved results.
                        This is 3 seasons in a row with disappointing regular season performance
                        One thing that strikes me is lack of improvement as players stay 3-4 years
                        With the exception of Curry and maybe Quercia who has improved from last year-Farrance offensively

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                          Who runs the defense? Paul Pearl? Does anyone?
                          I thought that was Len Quesnelle. Correct me if that is wrong.

Comment

I hope you are right. It would just be nice to not lose a one-and-done forward for the 5th year in a row.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Just saw that Jack DeBoer's dad got hired as the head coach of the Vegas Golden Knights. Maybe BU can use that connection to get into that college tournament they have there. That would be a fun trip.

Comment

How many "Bridge Seasons" do we get before it becomes an annual bridge to nowhere?

If your best players are leaving after a year, every season becomes a bridge season until something finally clicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X