X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    it is significant that of our highly touted defensemen class none of them were selected to the world junior roster
    Not really. It is an uphill battle for D other than the extremely highly rated ones to make the team in their U19 year. Only one non-1st round pick from the 2019 class made the preliminary roster, and there are still 3 D cuts to be made.

Vlasic was drafted in the 2nd round, but he is a classic case of drafted highly for what he could be as opposed to what he is this year. I have been impressed with his defensive/turnover improvement recently vs the beginning of the year, but he is still extremely raw.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Not really. It is an uphill battle for D other than the extremely highly rated ones to make the team in their U19 year. Only one non-1st round pick from the 2019 class made the preliminary roster, and there are still 3 D cuts to be made.

Vlasic was drafted in the 2nd round, but he is a classic case of drafted highly for what he could be as opposed to what he is this year. I have been impressed with his defensive/turnover improvement recently vs the beginning of the year, but he is still extremely raw.
      Agreed. My guess is that Fensore was the one closest to being selected, because his style of play adapts to the higher level more quickly (Warsofsky, Grzelcyk, Farrance all contributed as freshmen). But your point on Vlasic is spot on and McCarthy similarly is adjusting. I think those two will be very good before too long, but not yet.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post

Additionally, for a player his height there's the element of learning to play within the size of his body. Unlike a 5'10" kid who likely hasn't grown much in recent years, he's had to continually adjust to his size which affects his hand-eye coordination, reach ability, etc. He has a lot of room for improvement but has been progressing well in his first semester.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Jeff Cox reporting that we are looking to bring in a goalie now, and that a kid out of the AJHL is the target. So does that mean Purpura's days are numbered? Amazing the way things work. Purpura came in early seemingly because Prawdzik wasn't an able enough back-up. Now it appears the situation is repeating itself. I assume Purpura wouldn't stay on as the 3rd goalie, but would rather transfer to be a back-up somewhere else, or perhaps a starter.

Comment

Merry Christmas
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Merry Christmas
              Merry Christmas!

Comment

Looks like Santa got us a new forward!

Merry Christmas Terrier fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Looks like Santa got us a new forward!

Merry Christmas Terrier fans!
                  Is someone leaving? Hmmmmm
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Is someone leaving? Hmmmmm
                    According to a comment from BurntBoats on Twitter, he’s Amonte’s injury replacement. Then again, two guys (Wise and DeBoer) were added to USHL rosters. So who knows ...

Comment

Does anyone have any details who the 'new boy' might be?

On another note, here's the roster for the Concordia exhibition this weekend. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/4548/concordia-univ.

A big, and much older, bunch - like rosters of many of the preseason exhibitions I've seen. And it seems that we often end up with injured players in games like these.

I hope that isn't the case this weekend - we can ill-afford losing any more players.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                        Does anyone have any details who the 'new boy' might be?

On another note, here's the roster for the Concordia exhibition this weekend. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/4548/concordia-univ.

A big, and much older, bunch - like rosters of many of the preseason exhibitions I've seen. And it seems that we often end up with injured players in games like these.

I hope that isn't the case this weekend - we can ill-afford losing any more players.
                        I just noticed that the current Elite Prospects roster for BU shows both Ashton Abel (Goal) and Wilmer Skoog (Center) as new listings.

Comment

What is the deal with tickets to the Concordia game at WBA? Were these not included with season tix?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            What is the deal with tickets to the Concordia game at WBA? Were these not included with season tix?
                            They are free for season ticket holders but needed to be picked up at the box office

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              They’re in your online account. I just printed mine this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                I just noticed that the current Elite Prospects roster for BU shows both Ashton Abel (Goal) and Wilmer Skoog (Center) as new listings.
                                Yes, those are the two mid-season additions. I am most curious to see what happens with Purpura. I thought he had potential, at least last year he looked good early. Is he leaving?

Comment

Working...
                                X