This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Armstrong moved up to the 1st line against Harvard and slotted in well. Curry also slots in well on the second line and gives them more of a scoring presence. Better balance across both top lines.

DeBoer on the 4th line is more due to him being hurt for most of the fall semester. Wise being on the 4th is because he's had a terrible fall semester. I have no information on it, but it would not shock me to see him leave. I hope he doesn't as he seems to have a lot of talent and I'd love to see him put it together. Unclear if his history of major injuries has become a hindrance to that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

outside of charlie coyle (who left an absolute chitshow which perhaps should have shuttered the program), who has left and had any success?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        outside of charlie coyle (who left an absolute chitshow which perhaps should have shuttered the program), who has left and had any success?
        Tkachuck, McAvoy, Keller, Greenway, Eichel

Others as well I’m sure?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Others as well I’m sure?
          He means players who left mid-season. Coyle is the list.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Was Vinny dressed? Just curious if Sasquatch will need to suit up for the Brown game.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Others as well I’m sure?
              I think he means who else has left because of unhappiness with results or perhaps the program. That list is very long. The Sam Kurker / Wesley Myron types.

Certainly the list of those that left early because they were ready for the next step is too long to list and has spanned decades.

I hope Wise stays. I think someone posted that he was one of a couple guys added to USHL rosters, but that happens every year for speculative purposes. I think he still has the skill to make it. He looked very good in the first couple games of the year and I thought he was going to have a breakout year.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Was Vinny dressed? Just curious if Sasquatch will need to suit up for the Brown game.
                He was dressed. He still scares the daylights out of me as a back-up.

Comment

Others as well I’m sure?
                  Ummmmm

All those guys left to play professionally.

Not sure where you think the options are for this guy?

Comment

only name mookie can think of is aj greer. anyone else move on to some success?

Comment

Attendance was up the last two games, with 3,681 at the NU game. Hopefully that will continue next semester.

In the now deleted thread someone posted that UConn's attendance was better than BU's. That was an apt comparison, as both teams have played the same number of home games, 10. UConn's average is still higher than BU's, 3,014 to 2,885, but their median is lower, 2,872 to 3,003 (due to their BC game drawing over 5,100). Also, their overage average trend since joining Hockey East been quite similar to BU's. The Huskies attendance was great their first season, but it went down the next three seasons, before a small uptick last season and another large drop this season. To date BU's average is down 24.8% from last season and UConn's average is down 27.2%. And from their peak attendance season (2014-15 for UConn, 2005-06 for BU) both are down 48.2%.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                        He was dressed. He still scares the daylights out of me as a back-up.
                        Agreed. That said, Tucker has proven himself to be a very solid everyday starter. Since his first two starts of the year he's .922/2.17.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Agreed. That said, Tucker has proven himself to be a very solid everyday starter. Since his first two starts of the year he's .922/2.17.
                          Yes, I also think Tucker has proven himself solid. His numbers would be even better with a reliable defense in front of him.

I still marvel at our inability to break the puck out of our defensive end. Blind passes with an opposing player waiting, passes across the goalmouth with little purpose, and shooting the puck around on the boards where 75% of the time there is an attacking d-man waiting to put it right back in. All of these end up in more time with us scrambling to defend, and a bunch of the goals scored against us can be tracked directly back to that.

Comment

Patrick Harper is a point away from joining BU's 100 career point club. 35-64-99 in 111 games. Take away last season when he clearly was never 100% recovered (20 points in 38 games) and he's a better than point-per-game skater: 79 points in 73 games.

The last to reach 100 for BU? Ahti Oksanen in 2015-16. Before him it was Danny O'Regan who reached 100 in three seasons.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Ummmmm

All those guys left to play professionally.

Not sure where you think the options are for this guy?
                              Maybe I missed something. Did someone leave?

Comment

Maybe I missed something. Did someone leave?
                                No. But Wise and DeBoer were added to USHL rosters, according to Mark Divver’s tweet (scroll down for the link). Doesn’t necessarily mean they’re leaving though.

Comment

Working...
                                X