This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    As I understand it, this is all thanks to the Big 10 complaining Duluth got into tournament by .0001 bc they play 4x4 OT and wanted standard OT rules across the board for regular season games, thus 5 min 5x5 OT where if there's a winner, it's a W. Then intermission and endless OT can proceed. Game is officially a tie for NCAA/PWR. Goal, assists, PIM, etc. didn't count. Purely for advancement.

Very dumb.
    The B1G Mistake causing problems for college hockey? Wow, what a surprise...

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

I actually don't have a problem with standardized OT in regular season for PWR purposes. I wasn't clamoring for a change but I can understand doing it. But if they're gonna do that they should standardize postseason consolation games. I believe the NCHC is only conference that has one now. Either every conference should have one or nobody should.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I actually don't have a problem with standardized OT in regular season for PWR purposes. I wasn't clamoring for a change but I can understand doing it. But if they're gonna do that they should standardize postseason consolation games. I believe the NCHC is only conference that has one now. Either every conference should have one or nobody should.
        qtf
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          As I understand it, this is all thanks to the Big 10 complaining Duluth got into tournament by .0001 bc they play 4x4 OT and wanted standard OT rules across the board for regular season games, thus 5 min 5x5 OT where if there's a winner, it's a W. Then intermission and endless OT can proceed. Game is officially a tie for NCAA/PWR. Goal, assists, PIM, etc. didn't count. Purely for advancement.

Very dumb.
          Maybe the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Comment

team record for ties in a season (9) is within range
            team record for wins in a season is safe

Comment

I was going to come on here and call this game an “all-timer” and talk about how BU hockey got its swagger back. Sure they had a lull in the third and made some mistakes, but I thought they went toe-to-toe with a Senior laden team that has Frozen Four written all over it. (Diagonally down their chests ‘cause those throwback uni’s are sweeeet. I digress.). I mean, that game had excellent pace and skill and exuded confidence from both sides. Such a treat to watch. If this team had a goalie in the first half we’d be talking Power this morning.

This team is going to be fun to watch down the stretch. That’s all you can ask for.

BU hockey: Back?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

And sorry to hear about your craptacular weekend defkit. ((That Niners loss was rough.). Hopefully BU will bring you joy during your recovery.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  I was going to come on here and call this game an “all-timer” and talk about how BU hockey got its swagger back. Sure they had a lull in the third and made some mistakes, but I thought they went toe-to-toe with a Senior laden team that has Frozen Four written all over it. (Diagonally down their chests ‘cause those throwback uni’s are sweeeet. I digress.). I mean, that game had excellent pace and skill and exuded confidence from both sides. Such a treat to watch. If this team had a goalie in the first half we’d be talking Power this morning.

This team is going to be fun to watch down the stretch. That’s all you can ask for.

BU hockey: Back?
                  Exactly. Only one "problem." That penalty in the last minute cost them dearly. As they explained on NESN, the new NCAA rule for tournaments means that this game goes into the record books as a tie. That's why they played the five minute OT. The "second" OT was just to determine a winner (because obviously you have to have one in a tournament). PWR would have really been helped with a win. Good game, though, and something to build on. They seemed to play with much more confidence with Abel back there (or I could be like Tom Caron and say "They were ABLE to play with more confidence with ABEL back there")

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Well, I didn't see that coming when it was 3-1 and we were playing some of the worst hockey of the season. But to say it changed my attitude would be an understatement as this has how the last two days have gone for me: tore my ACL skiing yesterday, watched my favorite NFL team choke in the Super Bowl, watched a different maroon and gold team (Newburyport) beat my sons Varsity team in red and white (Amesbury, and he plays JV, so he was just watching), all the while developing a toothache that has me certain I'll need a root canal in the next few days. So, thanks Terriers for letting me salvage something with this win!

- Until the offensive explosion: Harper looked like last years Harper, we couldn't pass the puck to sticks, basically everyone was sucking except Abel, who recovered from the two quick goals.
                    - It seems like Stevens saw two shifts at most in the first 50 minutes of the game, and was out there every third shift the rest of the way. I think he replaced Wise on the top line. Not sure if Albie was disappointed in Wise's effort or if Wise got hurt (I noticed him on the celebration group).
                    - After calling a borderline (IMHO) penalty on Curry that gave BC that late PP, how did they not call Mastro being tackled after he split the d in OT? And the late stab by Cotton at Abel when he clearly had the puck frozen should have been a call, even if it meant taking a retaliating Terrier off too.
                    - So I guess Skoog doesn't get that goal in his stats? At least according to the announcers. Too bad for him. He hat that out of the air.
                    Doug, by my unofficial count, I had five "in the nations", and one "in the country".
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Very dumb.
                      So, if goals, assists, etc. don't count, will a fighting penalty still earn a game DQ?
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        So, if goals, assists, etc. don't count, will a fighting penalty still earn a game DQ?
                        This OT will self-destruct in 5-4-3...

What OT? I didn't see any OT last night? #MenInBlack

Shouldn't it be called 1.25 OT and not 2OT?

The first rule of B1G sanctioned double-secret-OT is you don't talk about B1G sanctioned double-secret-OT

If BC ties Harvard in the consolation game, does their entire existence in the 2020 Beanpot disappear?

Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week. (Try the Veal.)
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          One player on the bench in OT had his jersey off and was in a sling. May have been Wise, couldn't tell. Was a short forward with dark hair - Phillips was the only other candidate who wasn't clearly in a jersey already.
                          Injured player was Phillips with an apparent broken collarbone. X-rays today. He'll be missed. Opportunity for Stevens to move up? Or Armstrong's return.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Injured player was Phillips with an apparent broken collarbone. X-rays today. He'll be missed. Opportunity for Stevens to move up? Or Armstrong's return.
                            Ugh. two steps forward, three steps back.

Comment

I had a similar reaction when we scored on our own net. Thought BC would let Vlasic skate around with the beanpot trophy if they won next week. Instead terrific grit and determination, even after BS penalty with 1 minute left followed by refs swallowing the whistle in OT.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Injured player was Phillips with an apparent broken collarbone. X-rays today...
                                IT WAS GERBE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X