This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Bought my ticket for Friday at Merrimack. Closest rink to home, have to take advantage of it.

Go BU!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I heard a rumor that they're playing BC on Saturday. Please confirm. #ThisUsedToBeABigDeal

On the one-and-dones: You can still win with them if you're building and creating a team first atmosphere and you surround them with character kids and 2 and 3 year player talent. I'm sick of this excuse.

BU Hockey: We Used To Be Good at This
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I heard a rumor that they're playing BC on Saturday. Please confirm. #ThisUsedToBeABigDeal

On the one-and-dones: You can still win with them if you're building and creating a team first atmosphere and you surround them with character kids and 2 and 3 year player talent. I'm sick of this excuse.

BU Hockey: We Used To Be Good at This
        Let's not forget that two key upperclassmen on the current roster in Amonte and Cockerill have played a combined 3 games. Fortunately, it seems Logan will return relatively soon.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          How many "Bridge Seasons" do we get before it becomes an annual bridge to nowhere?

If your best players are leaving after a year, every season becomes a bridge season until something finally clicks.
          Unfortunately I think our program has become the college hockey equivalent of Georgetown basketball and University of Miami football - once great programs that have become middle of the road. All capable of being championship pretenders every few years (meaning just below elite kind of like Oklahoma football this year vs LSU, Clemson, & OSU) while middling around 500 other years. Jack Eichel year an outlier.

Comment

I can only imagine how cold it's going to be up at Merrimack tomorrow. Who remembers when they had the space heaters hanging from the ceiling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I can only imagine how cold it's going to be up at Merrimack tomorrow. Who remembers when they had the space heaters hanging from the ceiling?
              Yup.... and the players basically walking through the stands to get to the ice....

Is there still the standing room area at ice level behind the net? That is one of the best places to watch from.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                And they were off first and third periods, as well as intermissions, and on for the entire second period.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Yup.... and the players basically walking through the stands to get to the ice....

Is there still the standing room area at ice level behind the net? That is one of the best places to watch from.
                As I recall they walked from the side of the side of the visitor stands around the front a short way to the door on the side of the rink. They had to stop fans from walking when team entered or left the ice. It allowed a decent number of fans to high-five the players.

What is now the near end has the student stands, so I don't think standing is allowed there. There is still space on what is now the far end of the rink for standing, but I haven't been to a men's game there for a long time and don't know if they still allow standing there.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                  Unfortunately I think our program has become the college hockey equivalent of Georgetown basketball and University of Miami football - once great programs that have become middle of the road. All capable of being championship pretenders every few years (meaning just below elite kind of like Oklahoma football this year vs LSU, Clemson, & OSU) while middling around 500 other years. Jack Eichel year an outlier.
                  I don't see why this is acceptable. If Albie can't make the program a perennial contender then he needs to be fired (eventually). When Parker was here you had to put up with bouts of sustained underachieving because he'd earned coach for life status until off ice incidents started snowballing. All present and future coaches have no such protection. Either produce or hit the road.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Cockerill returns to the BU line-up tonight, skating with Curry and Wise. Last played in game #3.
                    Abel makes his first start in goal.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

So far, an uninspiring effort against statistically the worst defensive team in the league. This is disgusting - no other way to put it.

Comment

Saved by some lightning in a bottle and a waived off tying goal (still don't know why). Anyway, it's a win, but not pretty. Hopefully a better effort tomorrow start to finish against a much better team than Merrimack. Congrats to Abel on his first colllegiate win!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                          Saved by some lightning in a bottle and a waived off tying goal (still don't know why). Anyway, it's a win, but not pretty. Hopefully a better effort tomorrow start to finish against a much better team than Merrimack. Congrats to Abel on his first colllegiate win!!
                          Only thing is maybe goaltender interference- bad call
                          Borek could not believe it
                          Good to see Wise score- has been good last two games
                          Abel looked good in net

Comment

On waived off goal- I thought I saw a replay with the Mack goalie still on the ice when they scored. Not anywhere near his bench. Mack already had six skaters in the o-zone.

Really great explanation from the referee there...
                            Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                              On waived off goal- I thought I saw a replay with the Mack goalie still on the ice when they scored. Not anywhere near his bench. Mack already had six skaters in the o-zone.

Really great explanation from the referee there...
                              It was called no goal on the ice, not sure why the review took forever it was pretty obvious there were six skaters plus the goalie. What I want to know is why they weren’t called for too many men on the ice since that’s why it was a no goal.

Also, the PA at Lawler sounds like Charlie Brown’s teacher. Could not understand half of what he said.

Why was Harper’s goal called off? Did it not go in?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Why was Harper’s goal called off? Did it not go in?
                                Never went in.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X