This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Oh, the horrors. Could never imagine that.
    The “no NCAA tournament” streak continues!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I'm watching the 1978 National Championship game. How are you spending your afternoon?

https://youtu.be/jzGQP6zWnQ4
      FYI—The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog has (on the sidebar) links to championship game videos of all five BU NCAA titles along with links to dozens of other highlight videos (although some have expired since posting). Also on the sidebar, “Terrier Tales” has long-form articles about those championship teams and other events in BU hockey history.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Have you guys been following along on the 2020 Tournament - Simulation thread? The guy who started it is somehow doing these game simulations starting with the games that should have happened last weekend. It's pretty funny. BU lost to UML in three games and in reading his write up of how the game went, I could totally see how they lost that game. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Comment

I've uploaded a few BU games from 2015 and the 2009 championship game to my Google drive. I'm considering uploading additional games that I already have as digital files if there is interest. I'm also open to converting and uploading older games as well.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I'm watching the 1978 National Championship game. How are you spending your afternoon?

https://youtu.be/jzGQP6zWnQ4
            That was a very enjoyable watch.
            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              I've uploaded a few BU games from 2015 and the 2009 championship game to my Google drive. I'm considering uploading additional games that I already have as digital files if there is interest. I'm also open to converting and uploading older games as well.

Sean
              Interest from Mookie. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                That was a very enjoyable watch.
                Mookie thought he was watching gerbe and gionta the way they dive.... good to know tradition continues

Comment

Time to chat up the old BU games like they are our current team.

RE: The 1978 Championship game. BU's lucky all those penalties didn't cost them. (Gotta stay outta the box!). How the heck does that 2nd BC goal even happen? I mean come on Craig, talk to you d-man there. (No chance this kid makes the Olympic team in 2 years. ). It sure was a joy watching the Fidler kid play, but he's clearly a one and done with those numbers. What a snipe that last goal was. Got lucky with a few posts there at the end. Oh, and special thanks to the NCAA for bailing them out after losing in the ECAC Semi's.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Time to chat up the old BU games like they are our current team.

RE: The 1978 Championship game. BU's lucky all those penalties didn't cost them. (Gotta stay outta the box!). How the heck does that 2nd BC goal even happen? I mean come on Craig, talk to you d-man there. (No chance this kid makes the Olympic team in 2 years. ). It sure was a joy watching the Fidler kid play, but he's clearly a one and done with those numbers. What a snipe that last goal was. Got lucky with a few posts there at the end. Oh, and special thanks to the NCAA for bailing them out after losing in the ECAC Semi's.
                    How?!?

How did pc score the tying goal

Comment

Zegras named to HE All-Rookie team. BU has had at least one on the all-rookie team since 2007-08. Curry wins HE best defensive forward award.
                      https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...ookie-team.php
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

BU won the Beanpot 4-3 in OT! Kelfer with a spinning slaps shot to win it. (Man, you had to commit assault to get called for a penalty in those days.)

Two future NHL coaches in Terrier white. And man, give me a team of 18 Clark Donatelli's and I'd win every game. (I wish I knew how to post pictures here, because I took some beauties.)
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

BU won the Beanpot 4-3 in OT! Kelfer with a spinning slaps shot to win it. (Man, you had to commit assault to get called for a penalty in those days.)

Two future NHL coaches in Terrier white. And man, give me a team of 18 Clark Donatelli's and I'd win every game. (I wish I knew how to post pictures here, because I took some beauties.)
                          Not to mention the brawl in the third period, in which none of the players got a match penalty.
                          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I’ve never quite understood how that team didn’t win more games. There was a lot to like in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                              I’ve never quite understood how that team didn’t win more games. There was a lot to like in that group.
                              John Cullen was on the cover of The Hockey News just before the season started, as there was a feature on us being the pre-season #1. Lord only knows what happened, but losing both games to Maine at home at the start of the season really was an eye-opener. My brother (at the time in HS) was visiting for the weekend and he said "I thought you said these guys were good!"
                              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                                John Cullen was on the cover of The Hockey News just before the season started, as there was a feature on us being the pre-season #1. Lord only knows what happened, but losing both games to Maine at home at the start of the season really was an eye-opener. My brother (at the time in HS) was visiting for the weekend and he said "I thought you said these guys were good!"
                                The roster was worthy of that so it’s hard to understand how they didn’t even finish in the top-10. One theory I’ve heard is that it tells you how valuable Peter Marshall had been.

Comment

Working...
                                X