This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Wealthy state ?! If you define the state as Fairfield Country ok but New Haven, Hartford, Bridgeport etc . They state is broke and businesses are leaving for states like Mass. Hartford was the Insurance Capital and may still be but all the claims processing has been sent to North Dakota and this is a burn out husk of a state. Take from a former nutmegger, just not a good place to be, ask Kraft. The hockey program is getting better, thanks to Cav. He is doing a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      Wealthy state ?! If you define the state as Fairfield Country ok but New Haven, Hartford, Bridgeport etc . They state is broke and businesses are leaving for states like Mass. Hartford was the Insurance Capital and may still be but all the claims processing has been sent to North Dakota and this is a burn out husk of a state. Take from a former nutmegger, just not a good place to be, ask Kraft. The hockey program is getting better, thanks to Cav. He is doing a great job.
      Ok. I guess I should have said “expensive” state. Housing prices and property taxes are crazy. I guess they can’t manage their revenue very well...

Comment

The house looks pretty full on TV.... the free ticket thing must have worked?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          If I got in for free I'd be more willing to splurge on concessions. Would be interested to see total revenue for this game compared to the average game with mediocre attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            If I got in for free I'd be more willing to splurge on concessions. Would be interested to see total revenue for this game compared to the average game with mediocre attendance.
            Which is exactly why I believe they should lower ticket prices. 4000 x $10 > 1500 x $20. Plus, with 2500 more people (as in this hypothetical example), you have much higher concession sales.

They even have math professors at BU...

Comment

How do you let that second goal stand given the interference there with the goaltender?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I’m going to say no. There doesn’t appear to be any more people here than last Saturday, in my opinion.

And just because, I would be remiss if I didn’t post a ::head desk:: More then halfway through the game and only 9 shots. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  How do you let that second goal stand given the interference there with the goaltender?
                  I guess (since I'm on a roll) this is as good a time as any to go on my "replay" rant. I'll be (uncharacteristically) brief. There's NO point of replay is you are having humans look at it. Ten people will see ten different things. It only works if it's 100% objective (i.e., calling the lines in tennis where it is indisputable....or maybe if they get it to work with balls/strikes in baseball). As long as people are looking at it, it's still going to be subjective. The only difference is that you have slowed it down (which usually makes it even worse).

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    And gee whiz, both Jack Parker AND Joe Bertagna in the building. How does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      You sit on leads...you lose.
                      I was so disgusted with last night's failure to hold a lead by letting UConn come to them for most of the third period that my two season tickets for tonight game are unoccupied for the first time in six years. Watching tonight's lack of intensity on NESN makes me glad I'm not there. PAINFUL.

They'll be lucky to stay in the playoffs at this rate. They hold nothing worthwhile in the tiebreakers, and there are going to be many teams sorted out in that fashion.

Comment

Odd move going to your 3rd goalie but the inconsistency in goal was always gonna be your downfall

Comment

Odd move going to your 3rd goalie but the inconsistency in goal was always gonna be your downfall
                          Why do you say it’s odd?

Comment

Well Abel started this game, no? Tucker has been ok recently. Don't usually see teams go to their 3rd goalie down 5-1.

Comment

Well Abel started this game, no? Tucker has been ok recently. Don't usually see teams go to their 3rd goalie down 5-1.
                              Yeah, but what are you gonna do? Put Tucker in? What's to be gained? The game is already lost...the season for that matter...

Comment

If they scored five goals on Abel with more than half the game left, sure. Five minutes to go with no chance of winning the game, give the kid his first shot at playing in actual game.

Comment

Working...
                                X