X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I would prefer to not worry about what BU needs other schools to do and just focus on what BU needs to do. If they do what they need to do (win both games) to put themselves in a position for home ice and they still don't get it, too bad. They had the opportunity to not be in this position and lost it.
    Unofficial, but appears that Madden will not be back this weekend. Sounds like Joz will be back so they will atleast have 12 forwards. BU should win both

Comment

So the ECAC Forward Grad transfers for the past three years have gone from 19 points (Melanson) to 6 points (Willman) to 3 points (Brink). Has this experiment run its course? Obviously Tucker has been a bigger contributor in net (with some challenges along the way).
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
        Unofficial, but appears that Madden will not be back this weekend. Sounds like Joz will be back so they will atleast have 12 forwards. BU should win both
        Five minutes gone and BU still without a shot on goal. You want to rethink your sandbagging?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Five minutes gone and BU still without a shot on goal. You want to rethink your sandbagging?
          Jozefek tried & is already out. He wasn’t kidding. Madden, Struble, Joz, list goes on. We will be grasping straws & rest is academic.

Just relax & enjoy your team on the Jumbotron. 😊
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            So the ECAC Forward Grad transfers for the past three years have gone from 19 points (Melanson) to 6 points (Willman) to 3 points (Brink). Has this experiment run its course? Obviously Tucker has been a bigger contributor in net (with some challenges along the way).
            Different situations IMO. Melanson had a couple of down years on bad RPI teams after being on ECAC All-Rookie team. Was terrific fit on line with Greenway / Tkachuk.

Willman was productive player at Brown coming off major injury. But was expected to be a much bigger contributor and disappointed at BU.

Brink was pretty much a role player at Brown who has played same role at BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Jozefek tried & is already out. He wasn’t kidding. Madden, Struble, Joz, list goes on. We will be grasping straws & rest is academic.

Just relax & enjoy your team on the Jumbotron. 😊
              I saw him limp off. Hope he didn’t do further damage for next weekend.

Comment

Based on the box score... looks like a good result.

Congrats to Tuck on the shutout!

Comment

Would rather go to Lowell than up to Maine. A win tomorrow afternoon puts BU 5th and up to Orono. A loss or tie means 6th and over to Lowell. Nobody behind us can catch us now.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Based on the box score... looks like a good result.

Congrats to Tuck on the shutout!
                    Northeastern suddenly is very, very bad.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I gotta say, tonight was maybe one of the most fun student sections I’ve been a part of. Really a whole lot of fun to nearly outnumber NU’s student section, take over one of their upper decks, and have a dominant performance like that.

A small group of NU alums stood by us and they were game for it all night, willing to have a laugh, and that made it all the sweeter.

Now... I’d much rather see Lowell than Maine next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
                        I gotta say, tonight was maybe one of the most fun student sections I’ve been a part of. Really a whole lot of fun to nearly outnumber NU’s student section, take over one of their upper decks, and have a dominant performance like that.

A small group of NU alums stood by us and they were game for it all night, willing to have a laugh, and that made it all the sweeter.

Now... I’d much rather see Lowell than Maine next weekend.
                        I was very much entertained by you guys tonight. Well done.

Comment

I mean, only one of the two schools is in session right now and it isn't NU, but glad you had fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I was very much entertained by you guys tonight. Well done.
                            You can have the Matthews experience & atmosphere from tonight (or lack thereof ).... we’ll just hang on to the Garden experience from earlier this season ....was fun while it lasted.

g’luck to you guys in the postseason
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              You can have the Matthews experience & atmosphere from tonight (or lack thereof ).... we’ll just hang on to the Garden experience from earlier this season ....was fun while it lasted.

g’luck to you guys in the postseason
                              IMO Madden truly is that much of a difference maker for NU. Not just in terms of his offensive production, but the impact he makes in all game situations and the mojo/confidence he plays with, and how that rubs off on the rest of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post

You don't actually think a Husky is a "fake dog" do you?
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X