This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    I actually would think that’s the only situation where a team would go to their 3rd goalie
    For 3rd goalie I would think more lopsided than that but AOC might be fed up with the other guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      did he not buy those groceries?

really, the reason to hire albie was to make sure none on the talent train bolted.
      Well ya he was on staff. I just meant that Quinn was ultimately in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        AOC .
        pleasepleaseplease never use this again

one is hot, the other....

perhaps it was tD curse. all the 80 Olympic team manlove for tD backfired on the terriors.
        everywhere tD goes, that team has had a hiccup
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Are you sure UConn is a lesser opponent? In this jumbled mess of Hockey East they have quietly put together a very nice stretch of play and could even overtake UMass next weekend.
          I think it is difficult for many to accept that any of these "newcomers" can enjoy the same status as the "old guard" programs. It's not so much about on ice potential as it is about reputation and legacy. It's possible he meant "lesser" in that regard, and not the specific performance for this stretch. They are not "lesser" this season, but the perception, given 100 years of history, will be difficult to relinquish.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Not to mention there have been recruiting misses with Wise, Weiss, DeBoer, Crone, Cockerill. Not all Albie's fault.
            At one point, wasn’t Wise supposed to be Eichel 2.0?

Comment

Pretty much. He was billed as top 10 pick.

Comment

Well Eichel 2.0 is a little strong. When he committed his claim to fame was winning the MVP of the Quebec PeeWee tourney. And while his commitment was three years before his draft year (or was it 4?), we was mentioned as a possible Top-5 pick. Then he didn't grow much. I think playing his sophomore year at Central Catholic versus moving to better competition stalled his development. Missing a lot of his U18 year due to injury also didn't help.

He is a solid player who could develop into a 20 goal scorer before he graduates. But he has certainly not lived up to expectations from 4 years ago, however fair or unfair that may be. He certainly isn't the first and won't be the last.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

According to who? But if that is the case, he better hope Commesso wins him a lot of 2-1 games next year. The mass exodus of players Quinn recruited is not an easy hole to dig out of. BC learned that the last few years. So to me, Quinn shares blame. Not to mention there have been recruiting misses with Wise, Weiss, DeBoer, Crone, Cockerill. Not all Albie's fault.
                  Wise - whiff
                  Weiss - couldn't get into BU, as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong.
                  DeBoer - not sure he was regarded as a big get. Does anyone else know?
                  Crone - Never understood why he was banished back to USHL. Last I looked he was doing fairly well at Denver.
                  Cockerill - Would be acceptable as a 3rd liner on a better team, PKer. Definitely not a 1st, 2nd line guy.

The failures with Wise and Cockerill are major problems. From his first game at BU, Wise has never looked like a front line D1 player.

The Ashton Abel situation is crazy. I can't recall seeing a guy fall so far, so quickly.
                  Last edited by buoldtimer; 02-22-2020, 11:00 PM.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

After losing the night before surrendering the tying goal in the last minute and losing a few seconds into overtime, that is the performance ... at home, no less?

Once again, they were badly outplayed in the first period. How could they not be ready to play after the previous night?
                    They should have been breathing fire, not spitting the bit.

No excuses.

This performance was unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!

Is anyone in the athletic department hierarchy watching? Are they are okay watching the school's signature sport slip into mediocrity? And worse, irrelevance?

There were plenty of TV timeouts. But no coaching going on during them. And we have been so slow to making adjustments.

The way things are heading, the men can play at Walter Brown (and not fill it) and Agganis can be used for pro wrestling and concerts with bands no one over 30 has ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Wise - whiff

The Ashton Abel situation is crazy. I can't recall seeing a guy fall so far, so quickly.
                      Wise can play, but he can't score because he doesn't shoot and is more like a 3rd or 4th line guy.

The answer with Abel is simple. He is a skinny goalie who can be beaten over either shoulder at any time. Just shoot high. The scouting report on him is so bloody obvious.
                      Where's Purpura?
                      Last edited by Harry Cleverly; 02-22-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Are you sure UConn is a lesser opponent? In this jumbled mess of Hockey East they have quietly put together a very nice stretch of play and could even overtake UMass next weekend.
                        UConn, aka the Russian Blue Army, is okay. Nothing special. Neither is BU, when they don't come to play.

Comment

So McCarthy was a healthy scratch tonight? Or injured?

Saw Quercia in the stands tonight with arm in a sling.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                            Where's Purpura?
                            Please, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              UConn, aka the Russian Blue Army, is okay. Nothing special. Neither is BU, when they don't come to play.
                              Harry, out of curiosity, how far back do you go with BU hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                So McCarthy was a healthy scratch tonight? Or injured?

Saw Quercia in the stands tonight with arm in a sling.
                                McCarthy injured his shoulder last night. Didn't finish the game I think.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X