This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Separately. Mark Divver (I think) tweeted that Farrance hasn't made a decision yet on whether he will go pro or come back for his senior season. Getting him back would be huge.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      On Zegras - I wish he was coming back for a second season. That said, I think he is going to end up in the AHL for most of his first pro season, whenever that is. As the Athletic article references many times, his coaches have to be patient with him because he admittedly tries creative plays a lot, and they fail at least half the time. Sure, when they connect, they are highlight material. But I wonder how much patience an NHL coach is going to have when those failed plays happen. I think at the end of the day he will be a very good NHLer, and I'm sure he'll get at least a look or two in his first season.

Good luck to him.
      I agree. In my opinion you aren’t ready for the next level until you dominate the level you are at. Zegras has a good season but never dominated games. Eichel dominated. Makar dominated. Zegras from day one was a hired gun and gave me the impression he was just at BU as a necessity before turning pro. I rather players that want to be at BU rather than haviing to be at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        One of the best games in BU hockey history. One man's opinion.
        I will always remember that game. They knocked the snot out of MI. The most physical college game I've ever seen. Almost surreal how physical BU was.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          I agree. In my opinion you aren’t ready for the next level until you dominate the level you are at. Zegras has a good season but never dominated games. Eichel dominated. Makar dominated. Zegras from day one was a hired gun and gave me the impression he was just at BU as a necessity before turning pro. I rather players that want to be at BU rather than haviing to be at BU.
          As I've said before, he was here for himself. And I agree, he didn't dominate... rather, he ran very hot and cold. Give me a Carpenter or a Curry over anyone who's not fully invested in the success of the whole team.

Comment

Well if he was selfish, at least he was good. Unlike say Oliver Wahlstrom at BC last season who was selfish and ...not good.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              Well if he was selfish, at least he was good. Unlike say Oliver Wahlstrom at BC last season who was selfish and ...not good.
              Nailed this one, 100% true

Comment

Ollie was a big disappointment and will have to develop a higher gear and a little more grit than he showed at BC. Z is a terrific player with great vision and creativity, he is not pro ready but this is what college hockey has become. He will be riding the bus for the next few years. I still love the game and it is the best sports value in town but it is not as good without 4 year players. Hats off to all 4 year players.

Comment

Of all of our recent one and done's, Eichel is the only one I was sure was going to be an instant success in the NHL. Keller was the next most talented, and he had a better rookie season than I expected, but he has really cooled off since. I really didn't think Tkachuk was mature enough to jump right in, but he proved me wrong with two solid, if not spectacular 20-goal seasons. Farabee is very similar in my mind to Zegras in that I didn't/don't see them having immediate NHL success. Farabee hasn't been terrible by any means, with 21 points in 51 games. Just not enough in my mind to make it clear that one should go pro. But the $$ can sure influence the decision, and having never had an opportunity too make that kind of money, I guess I can't fault someone.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

BC should be the pre-season #1. #JerryMindMeld

Zegras was the 14th pick in the draft. I had zero doubt he was a one-and-done regardless of his point totals this year. The game sure has changed...

That 97 National Semi-Final is on my Mount Rushmore of favorite BU games. An absolute clinic. One of Jack Parkers most impressive moments.

BU Hockey: When and with Whom?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      Just curious, why the good riddance? I was always impressed by his play. Really creative, play maker, and good skater. Was he a locker room issue or have a bad attitude?
                      I would say you are on the right path

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        You won't be thinking that when you look at your roster next year
                        Don’t care talent doesn’t always mean everything in any way shape or form ... is rather 10 mastrosimone’s or Phillips or
                        Amonte or cockerills then him

Comment

On Zegras - I wish he was coming back for a second season. That said, I think he is going to end up in the AHL for most of his first pro season, whenever that is. As the Athletic article references many times, his coaches have to be patient with him because he admittedly tries creative plays a lot, and they fail at least half the time. Sure, when they connect, they are highlight material. But I wonder how much patience an NHL coach is going to have when those failed plays happen. I think at the end of the day he will be a very good NHLer, and I'm sure he'll get at least a look or two in his first season.

Good luck to him.
                          He’s not even a tenth of the player Keller was and is and I wouldn’t exactly say keller has been ripping up the league ...
                          like you said 1 out 10 of those plays works the other 9 well
                          Often lead to bad things for his team generally awful turnovers

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            There was no doubt all season that he was gone-The 3 BC freshmen close to leaving are all coming back
                            Newhook who is NHL ready returning- Rights held by Colorado who found success with Makar doing a Sophmore season
                            Zegras’ departure may be expected and a good thing but looking at the big picture over the last two seasons, just about anyone who could have left early, has left early (waiting on Farrance’s decision). And as you noted, it’s a different story down the street. That’s not a good look for this coaching staff.

Comment

. I really didn't think Tkachuk was mature enough to jump right in, but he proved me wrong with two solid, if not spectacular 20-goal seasons..
                              Keith put up 40 his 2nd full season. He played a handful of game following the olympics, but those guys are spent after that run up (time was that was a full season of practice then travel to get ready).
                              Believe Mookie has read a few times that Keith wanted to play for the USA team and that is why he even enrolled at bu for his freshman year. Otherwise he would have gone pro immediately.
                              Last edited by mookie1995; 03-29-2020, 01:19 AM.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                Zegras’ departure may be expected and a good thing but looking at the big picture over the last two seasons, just about anyone who could have left early, has left early (waiting on Farrance’s decision). And as you noted, it’s a different story down the street. That’s not a good look for this coaching staff.
                                That's precisely what concerns me.
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X