This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Also, looks like I’ll see you all at Tsongas next week. Game is half over and all they have is 10 shots.
    Thanks for nothing!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Thanks for nothing!
      How does that affect BC? Not being a wiseass, I’m curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        How does that affect BC? Not being a wiseass, I’m curious.
        It guarantees that BC plays Northeastern in round 1. There’s a path to them playing New Hampshire instead, but requires a BU win today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
          It guarantees that BC plays Northeastern in round 1. There’s a path to them playing New Hampshire instead, but requires a BU win today.

I thought if Northeastern won they’d be 7th. Huh.

Things getting a bit ugly here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I thought if Northeastern won they’d be 7th. Huh.

Things getting a bit ugly here.
            My bad. Misquoted the tiebreaker. NU win means BC plays Providence. Still probably a less desirably matchup than New Hampshire.

Comment

Correct. Of the three, Providence is who I don't want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                How so?
                Comments like this:
                “ Miller’s focus is different than many of his peers. A first-round pick of the Rangers, he has his sights set on Madison Square Garden more than on Madison, Wis.”

“ When Granato played for the Badgers, he had almost zero contact with his NHL team. He didn’t have an agent. He didn’t go to development camps. Nobody other than his coaches were ever in his ear with advice.

This year, Granato guesses there are 60 NHL reps at every Badgers home game to see players like Caufield, Turcotte and Miller.”

“ Cole hopes that his play has done the talking the rest of the year and he wants to turn pro once the Badgers season ends.

If the Canadiens will have him, he hopes to play in NHL games this season.

“That’s my goal but I mean I can’t focus on it right now,” he says. “I just hope it works out. I talk to them probably once or twice a week and they just want me to focus on day-by-day and when that time comes we’ll think about it a little more. But I definitely want to be there.”

Look at how Wisconsin struggled try is year and that roster is built just like BUs. You need players that are playing for the front of the jersey not the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                  Look at how Wisconsin struggled try is year and that roster is built just like BUs. You need players that are playing for the front of the jersey not the back.
                  100% agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    Comments like this:
                    “ Miller’s focus is different than many of his peers. A first-round pick of the Rangers, he has his sights set on Madison Square Garden more than on Madison, Wis.”

“ When Granato played for the Badgers, he had almost zero contact with his NHL team. He didn’t have an agent. He didn’t go to development camps. Nobody other than his coaches were ever in his ear with advice.

This year, Granato guesses there are 60 NHL reps at every Badgers home game to see players like Caufield, Turcotte and Miller.”

“ Cole hopes that his play has done the talking the rest of the year and he wants to turn pro once the Badgers season ends.

If the Canadiens will have him, he hopes to play in NHL games this season.

“That’s my goal but I mean I can’t focus on it right now,” he says. “I just hope it works out. I talk to them probably once or twice a week and they just want me to focus on day-by-day and when that time comes we’ll think about it a little more. But I definitely want to be there.”

Absolutely heinous.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Disgraceful effort.

Albie putting DeBoer out on the 6x4 is inexcusable.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        What is this penalty credited to NUs backup goalie?
                        He intentionally shot the puck at the BU side of the ice in warmups and hit Curry in the head.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Absolutely heinous.
                          Regarding Turcotte:
                          “Because he knows he wants to turn pro as early as possible and might be leaving school at the end of just one season to join the Kings, focusing on school is that much more challenging.

“I’ve caught myself slipping sometimes but I think I’ve been pretty good about getting my work done,” Turcotte says. “You never know when you want to come back and get your degree.”

Troubling to read if you are fan of that school. They are hired help for one season and really don’t have any school pride.
                          Last edited by Lemonade; 03-07-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                            ...You need players that are playing for the front of the jersey not the back.
                            Post of the Year!! Nothing else comes even remotely close.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                              Would anyone like to offer a thought, opinion, or even an explanation if there is one, as to why Zegras - as a member of a team that traditionally enters the ice to start a game in numerical order - is the last one out of the room, even after the captains who have been fist-bumping their teammates on their way out?

Or, why the coach of this team would permit that? I think that speaks volumes for them both.

I believe Trevor has been here for himself, that his play has been a perplexing mix of intensity and indifference, and that he is not (yet) in the league of our other 'one and done' players (Eichel, Keller, Farabee or Tkachuk).

This has been going on all year ... and many have noticed ... it isn’t just zegras .. often it’s Harper curry and zegras .. sometimes just one or two sometimes Curry alone .. it’s awful to see and just shows such a lack of leadership .. I don’t care about currys numbers he has been a super disappointment as a captain

Comment

not for nothing, but perhaps the "tradition" has just changed? who gives a turkey if guys no longer come out in number order.

just because jackpa did it, then quinny...why does that mean albie needs to continue?

beyond someone meaning to count the numbers as they jump on the ice and be able to immediately see, "oh, 16 isn't dressed tonight) where does this matter?
                                same if the guys no longer line up in order for the anthem.

or kneel for the anthem
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X