This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Please just let this train wreck of a season come to an end.
    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      you guys will be fine.
      the huskies are pretty dilapidated at this point. should be an easy 4 pts & no I’m not sandbagging. just the (hard) facts. was fun while it lasted.
      It's quite obvious how valuable Madden is to NU. He's the straw that stirs the drink and is irreplaceable in that lineup.

Comment

Is BU on break this week or next? And I JUST noticed that Saturday's game is at 4pm. Thank God I looked!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          How much coaching does Jerry actually still do? He is a legend, but I am told his assistants do most of the work
          Who is your source? Although I wouldn't be surprised if he has taken a step back. Even then I have never thought of him as a great tactician. His strengths start with his positive attitude and instilling confidence in his players. That and getting guys to buy into team first mentality. He's not obsessed with systems and terrified over giving up a scoring chance like other coaches. Recruit speed and skill and let them play. Encourage creativity and put pressure on the opponent. For a lot of years there was a fear level from the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Is BU on break this week or next? And I JUST noticed that Saturday's game is at 4pm. Thank God I looked!
            Next week

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Spring recess starts on Saturday.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                President Brown was seen at the game Saturday and it's my understanding that he wasn't happy with the way the team played.

Sean
                So, he's pretty much like the rest of us?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Who is your source? Although I wouldn't be surprised if he has taken a step back. Even then I have never thought of him as a great tactician. His strengths start with his positive attitude and instilling confidence in his players. That and getting guys to buy into team first mentality. He's not obsessed with systems and terrified over giving up a scoring chance like other coaches. Recruit speed and skill and let them play. Encourage creativity and put pressure on the opponent. For a lot of years there was a fear level from the opponent.
                  I've always thought he's emphasized the importance of defense which wasn't how his predecessors approached the game. And he can identify fast, clever players who will excel at the D1 level.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

One thing that I’m surprised does not get more attention on this board is the poor quality of players that have been recruited in recent years outside of high profile guys. In just the last two years, the staff has brought in jamie armstrong, hugo blixt, john copeland, marcus boguslasky, alex brink, jake deboer, vinny purpura, matt quercia, sam stevens, max willman. I have no idea whether these are scholarship players or what the expectations were for these players But, to have this many players barely contribute anything makes me wonder what about the staff’s ability to identify talent

Comment

The importance of defense, yes, but not at the expense of being creative and being aggressive offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                        One thing that I’m surprised does not get more attention on this board is the poor quality of players that have been recruited in recent years outside of high profile guys. In just the last two years, the staff has brought in jamie armstrong, hugo blixt, john copeland, marcus boguslasky, alex brink, jake deboer, vinny purpura, matt quercia, sam stevens, max willman. I have no idea whether these are scholarship players or what the expectations were for these players But, to have this many players barely contribute anything makes me wonder what about the staff’s ability to identify talent
                        It’s not easy recruiting studs who leave after a season or two and then finding players that will be there for 4 season. It’s a difficult dance to master.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                          Sam Stevens does not belong on that list.
                          Quercia was much improved before getting hurt.
                          Willman and Brink -- both grad transfers from Brown. They were only going to be depth players at best.

Comment

Good times at Agganis on Saturday. I didn't walk around much but found the BU fans around us to be hospitable.

So, stick tap to the BU fans in my section, including a super nice BU dad behind me that I had a chance to chat with during one intermission.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              Willman and Brink -- both grad transfers from Brown. They were only going to be depth players at best.
                              Regardless, if half the roster is useless, lets hold accountable the people who put together the roster.

Good to see you on Sat, Nick and the rest of your pals.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Others from this list:

Armstrong - Performed reasonably well playing with Zegras and Harper. Also was injured for ~1 month.
                                Blixt - A reasonable candidate for the argument this list is trying to make. Had every opportunity to break into the D lineup last year and early this year but didn't perform well enough.
                                Copeland - A freshman who's played one game. Considering there are at least 7 others in his class who've been significant contributors, I'm not sure what the argument here is. He's a depth player as a freshman, every team has them.
                                Boguslasky - Another depth forward as a freshman. Basically the same argument as Copeland.
                                (Jack) DeBoer - The other reasonable candidate for the argument here. Hasn't taken much of a step forward this year, especially with the opportunity he's had to play with 13 and 21.
                                Purpura - Was brought here to be a backup goalie. Does not belong on this list.

Considering 2, 7, 13, 16, 23, 28, and 32 are all significant freshman contributors and, except for 13, appear to be minimum 3-year players the level of talent Albie's bringing in is the wrong argument against him.

So we can reasonably say of Albie's two recruiting classes, two players have yet to earn every-game icetime and are on the path to recruiting misses - neither of whom were considered top recruits or were drafted. You could throw in Cheremeta and Dom Vidoli from last year, though both fall into the same depth player category. "Missing" on depth recruits isn't a big problem.
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-03-2020, 09:57 AM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X