This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    Northeastern is lower than BU in hockey east standings....so is Leaman at Providence
    Pairwise is all that matters
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Pairwise is all that matters
      I think Lemonade works in the BU athletics PR department or something. Yikes.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
        Did they hire Pandalfo? Did they hire Sacco? No, neither guy wanted the job, and if they did and they chose Albie over them. Then that is a different topic. I believe that both of those guys preferences was to stay in NHL.
        McEachern, for one, was definitely interested in the job at the time. Sacco was ruled out because he didn’t have a degree. Pandolfo didn’t have one either but was only a few credits short and could have taken classes over the summer to get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
          McEachern, for one, was definitely interested in the job at the time. Sacco was ruled out because he didn’t have a degree. Pandolfo didn’t have one either but was only a few credits short and could have taken classes over the summer to get it done.
          Did McEachern earn his degree?

Perhaps they all are working towards them now.... just in case.

Comment

From Freep reporter:

@BradyDGardner
            Breaking: BU head coach Albie O’Connell confirms sophomore forward Matt Quercia is out for the rest of the 2019-20 season with an upper-body injury.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I think Lemonade works in the BU athletics PR department or something. Yikes.
              LOL...look trying to stay positive here. For my money Leaman is the best coach in Hockey East and Providence isnt exactly doing great either. Its just too early to see if Albie is the answer or not. New young coaches take their lumps along the way and then usually get better as they go so hopefully better times are ahead. In terms of McEachern, not sure he was a legit candidate as he has only been a head coach for a short time in prep hockey. That jump from prep to a major college hockey program seems a bit much. That being said I would absolutely love adding McEachern to the coaching staff but he was just hired to run one of those new full season hockey programs that are popping up all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                For my money Leaman is the best coach in Hockey East...
                You must be broke. Ever heard of Jerry York?
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                  Did they hire Pandalfo? Did they hire Sacco? No, neither guy wanted the job, and if they did and they chose Albie over them. Then that is a different topic. I believe that both of those guys preferences was to stay in NHL.
                  You just contradicted yourself in this sentence. You initially said neither wanted the job, as if you had inside knowledge. That's why I asked how you knew this. Not wanting the job and not getting the job are two completely different things so you can;t say "Did they hire either, well, then neither wanted it!!" They both interviewed for the job so they both obviously wanted it. Stop throwing around comments about something you know nothing about. Unless you have insider knowledge. If so, say that.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Nate Leaman is much better hockey coach right now IMO. He gets more out his teams than any other coach year in and year out. Leaman is 176–101–38 (.619) at Providence overall. Jerry york is 1067-650-120 (.614) at BC. I think its a lot harder coaching at PC than at BC as BC has much better talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Yah, he’s the guy with the record for most losses in a career

Mookie’s heard of him
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        You just contradicted yourself in this sentence. You initially said neither wanted the job, as if you had inside knowledge. That's why I asked how you knew this. Not wanting the job and not getting the job are two completely different things so you can;t say "Did they hire either, well, then neither wanted it!!" They both interviewed for the job so they both obviously wanted it. Stop throwing around comments about something you know nothing about. Unless you have insider knowledge. If so, say that.

So they interviewed them and BU choose Albie over them. No, both interviewed but both preferred to stay with the Bruins. Meaning neither really wanted the job. BUT I am sure they were tons of more qualified candidates who would have loved the job but were not considered because they never went to BU. All I am saying is that BU needs to be willing to go outside there fraternity. That's all I said.

Comment

So they interviewed them and BU choose Albie over them. No, both interviewed but both preferred to stay with the Bruins. Meaning neither really wanted the job. BUT I am sure they were tons of more qualified candidates who would have loved the job but were not considered because they never went to BU. All I am saying is that BU needs to be willing to go outside there fraternity. That's all I said.
                          Whenever BU goes through this process next, I think the pool of candidates w/ BU ties will be quite different than for BU's last 2 head coach searches. When Parker retired, it seemed the consensus was Quinn, Sullivan, Hynes, Bavis were the strongest candidates and it was widely assumed a BU guy would get the job. I also believe Coach Parker also had a say in the hiring process at the time.

When Quinn moved on to NYR, it was obvious Albie was gonna be strongly considered, but there was less consensus as to the other candidates with BU ties who were under consideration. It's also unknown if other external candidates besides Bennett were in the mix.

Long story short, I think whenever the next head coaching search for BU occurs, there may be increased inclination towards strong non-BU candidates if the pool of candidates with BU ties isn't as strong nor deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                            Nate Leaman is much better hockey coach right now IMO. He gets more out his teams than any other coach year in and year out. Leaman is 176–101–38 (.619) at Providence overall. Jerry york is 1067-650-120 (.614) at BC. I think its a lot harder coaching at PC than at BC as BC has much better talent.
                            Give me Bazin as the best coach in HE. For the same reason why you went with Leaman, except Norm has even less talent to work with. Lowell consistently has bottom-half of the league talent (other than maybe when they had Hellebuyck) and they are always in the mix. Winning percentage at Lowell is .639
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

No, both interviewed but both preferred to stay with the Bruins.
                              And I'm asking again how you know they preferred to stay with the Bruins. Is that your assumption? Because you're stating it as fact. Which means you know something that the rest of us don't. Why would they interview for the job if they preferred to stay with the Bruins? That makes no sense. Unless you personally know both Joe Sacco and Jay Pandolfo and spoke with them both during the interview process making you privy to some information that the rest of us are not, then your statement is an assumption. If you do, that's fine, let us (OK, me) know that. Personally, I don't think a rando Northeastern fan does, but they're both local guys so for all I know, you could be a neighbor or your kids play hockey or your wives belong to a book club. Years ago I posted here that Freddy Meyer wasn't going to start the season because of a back injury and no one believed me even though I said I had inside info. And then he didn't start the season because of a back injury. How did I know? Because Keith Emery's mom was my dental hygienist and told me during a cleaning. So, maybe you have information like that. I don't think you do but your post makes it sound as if you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                Give me Bazin as the best coach in HE. For the same reason why you went with Leaman, except Norm has even less talent to work with. Lowell consistently has bottom-half of the league talent (other than maybe when they had Hellebuyck) and they are always in the mix. Winning percentage at Lowell is .639
                                Bazin would be my #2 but certainly make a case for #1 that’s for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X