X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
    But this is where I blame BU. Those alums you list were better options but none of them were interested. Sop you default to Albie cause he was the best BU ALUM available at the time. You cut your field by only really considering BU alums. Bennett was never getting that job and you all know it. BU is one of the most prestigious college hockey programs in the country, and they hired a guy who has never been a head coach anywhere in his life. I'm glad they did, I;m not a BU fan, but if I was I would say hire the best guy. Not the best alum.
    They were interested. One of the better candidates had indicated that he'd finish his degree over the summer before the fall semester and they still went with Albie. The decision wasn't based on who had a college degree and who was the best coach. The decision was based on who wouldn't leave for the NHL. And that's how we ended up with a bad coach.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      The decision was based on who wouldn't leave for the NHL. And that's how we ended up with a bad coach.
      I've seen this story before! To say nothing specific about Albie, it's just insane logic to employ someone that has no motivation to excel.

Getting a Parker/York is almost impossible these days. They are a unicorn.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
        Those alums you list were better options but none of them were interested. .
        And you know that how?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Wasn’t part of it that none of those three had finished their degree?
          Did Pandolfo not get his degree? He played 4 years and while I see he played 5 AHL games that same season, I can't believe he would be that close and not finish...
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Did Pandolfo not get his degree? He played 4 years and while I see he played 5 AHL games that same season, I can't believe he would be that close and not finish...
            I don’t remember exact details...

Comment

Help me out here. #MathIsHard. When they lose to BC and split or get only 1 point against NU, are they on the road in the Quarters? #PlanningMyLife

Thanks in advance.

BU Hockey: Excelling at Mediocrity
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Help me out here. #MathIsHard. When they lose to BC and split or get only 1 point against NU, are they on the road in the Quarters? #PlanningMyLife

Thanks in advance.

BU Hockey: Excelling at Mediocrity
                Won't it depend on what everyone else does? The teams are all so close right now. Are you going on Saturday? If you see Todd, maybe he can map it out for us!

Comment

It’s going to be a 0-3-0 finish and 9th place.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie you guys only lost 6-1 to UConn. NU is trying to recover from a 10-1 beatdown!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Mookie you guys only lost 6-1 to UConn. NU is trying to recover from a 10-1 beatdown!
                      NU has a competent coach. We don't.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Won't it depend on what everyone else does? The teams are all so close right now. Are you going on Saturday? If you see Todd, maybe he can map it out for us!
                        I have a play in production so I'm done for the year unless they play locally in the Quarters. The wife and daughter are going Saturday night.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          And you know that how?
                          Did they hire Pandalfo? Did they hire Sacco? No, neither guy wanted the job, and if they did and they chose Albie over them. Then that is a different topic. I believe that both of those guys preferences was to stay in NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            NU has a competent coach. We don't.
                            Madigan 1st year: 13-16-5
                            Madigan 2nd year: 9-21-4
                            Madigan 3rd year: 19-14-4
                            Madigan 4th year: 16-16-4

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Madigan 1st year: 13-16-5
                              Madigan 2nd year: 9-21-4
                              Madigan 3rd year: 19-14-4
                              Madigan 4th year: 16-16-4
                              Irrelevant. Albie's not coaching against the Madigan from 9 years ago. He's coaching against the one that has bagged 3 beanpot titles in a row and 2 out of the last 4 HE titles.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Irrelevant. Albie's not coaching against the Madigan from 9 years ago. He's coaching against the one that has bagged 3 beanpot titles in a row and 2 out of the last 4 HE titles.
                                Northeastern is lower than BU in hockey east standings....so is Leaman at Providence

Comment

Working...
                                X