X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by wysi View Post
    I tweeted Sean McDonagh's comment at the end of the 1990 Beanpot telecast, when he was finishing the interview with Joe Sacco. "Joe Sacco, you've just won the Beanpot, where are you going to go?" "I'm going to the Dugout, Sean!"

I'm sure we were probably all on our way there at that moment.
    A couple notes that add context. First, that was not long after the "I'm going to Disneyworld" became the norm for MVP's of big sporting events. The second is the way Joe answered it - it had an air of "where else would I go??". Not to mention that there is a good chance Joe was underage at the time - a college Junior who went to BU straight from Public High School (Medford).

And then I think when they went back to Bob and Sean in the booth (I think it was actually Gene Lavangy (sp?) at ice level that did the interview), Bob's comment was something like "Oh, the joy of youth".
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      A couple notes that add context. First, that was not long after the "I'm going to Disneyworld" became the norm for MVP's of big sporting events. The second is the way Joe answered it - it had an air of "where else would I go??". Not to mention that there is a good chance Joe was underage at the time - a college Junior who went to BU straight from Public High School (Medford).

And then I think when they went back to Bob and Sean in the booth (I think it was actually Gene Lavangy (sp?) at ice level that did the interview), Bob's comment was something like "Oh, the joy of youth".
      Great story! :-)

I believe that Joe turned 21 the day before, if I am not mistaken?

Comment

Great, very in-depth article on Zegras from the Athletic. Covers many of the points we've discussed about him over the course of this season and provides some color. It also briefly discusses his coming decision to go pro or stay.

https://theathletic.com/1691273/2020...eir-next-star/

^^ They currently have a 90-day free trial offer so even if you don't have an account you can sign up for one for free and read the article.
        ÂŻ\_(ツ)_/ÂŻ

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Great, very in-depth article on Zegras from the Athletic. Covers many of the points we've discussed about him over the course of this season and provides some color. It also briefly discusses his coming decision to go pro or stay.

https://theathletic.com/1691273/2020...eir-next-star/

^^ They currently have a 90-day free trial offer so even if you don't have an account you can sign up for one for free and read the article.
          He gone

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks...ct/c-316421628
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            Good riddance ....

Comment

Among today's THIS DAY games, BU's upset of defending champion Michigan in '97 is on my list of favorite Terrier wins, all-time. Textbook use of physicality to take a more skilled team off its game. Also had the worst non-call (stick to Shane Johnson's neck) I've seen in more than five decades watching college hockey. LINK

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Zegras should do well at the nxt level.

If there were ever a time to stay back 1 more season, these circumstances would’ve been it; but we don’t know all (his) other circumstances factoring in.

Best to him, was fun to watch at Juniors & coll level.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                  Good riddance ....
                  Just curious, why the good riddance? I was always impressed by his play. Really creative, play maker, and good skater. Was he a locker room issue or have a bad attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Among today's THIS DAY games, BU's upset of defending champion Michigan in '97 is on my list of favorite Terrier wins, all-time. Textbook use of physicality to take a more skilled team off its game. Also had the worst non-call (stick to Shane Johnson's neck) I've seen in more than five decades watching college hockey.
                    I've just finished converting the complete game to M2TS format and I'm now preparing to upload it to my Google drive. As I've mentioned on the off-season thread my tapes from that season track poorly and the playback had jitters throughout, but it was watchable (at least by me). It should be uploaded and processed in a few hours (along with the Hockey East semis and final - I don;t know where I put the tape of the quarterfinal game vs Denver).

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      Zegras should do well at the nxt level.

If there were ever a time to stay back 1 more season, these circumstances would’ve been it; but we don’t know all (his) other circumstances factoring in.

Best to him, was fun to watch at Juniors & coll level.
                      There was no doubt all season that he was gone-The 3 BC freshmen close to leaving are all coming back
                      Newhook who is NHL ready returning- Rights held by Colorado who found success with Makar doing a Sophmore season

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Among today's THIS DAY games, BU's upset of defending champion Michigan in '97 is on my list of favorite Terrier wins, all-time. Textbook use of physicality to take a more skilled team off its game. Also had the worst non-call (stick to Shane Johnson's neck) I've seen in more than five decades watching college hockey. LINK

One of the best games in BU hockey history. One man's opinion.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                          Good riddance ....
                          You won't be thinking that when you look at your roster next year

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            One of the best games in BU hockey history. One man's opinion.
                            Sometimes the best team doesn’t win

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              You won't be thinking that when you look at your roster next year
                              Meanwhile you guys get your top two scorers back. Why can't we keep anyone more than a year? This is beyond ridiculous.
                              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

On Zegras - I wish he was coming back for a second season. That said, I think he is going to end up in the AHL for most of his first pro season, whenever that is. As the Athletic article references many times, his coaches have to be patient with him because he admittedly tries creative plays a lot, and they fail at least half the time. Sure, when they connect, they are highlight material. But I wonder how much patience an NHL coach is going to have when those failed plays happen. I think at the end of the day he will be a very good NHLer, and I'm sure he'll get at least a look or two in his first season.

Good luck to him.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X