• Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Kill the penalty.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Kill the penalty.
      Don’t have a horrible turnover leading to a mini breakaway resulting in the penalty call...Pull the goalie after the 3rd goal...What’s going to change with this program because something has to?
      Last edited by kbz; 02-11-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
        https://twitter.com/BOShockeyblog/st...536363520?s=19

The ref literally has a perfect view.
        It looks like he started to go down before Harper makes any contact with him. I don't see that he grabs Harper's stick. Win some, lose some, tie some. Maybe a bad call, but nowhere near as bad as that commercial with the old fisherman and the giant shark. Worst commercial ever.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
          I thought tucker has been quite good all year on a team very weak defensively
          Overall I agree. A couple of weak games but also some very strong games with the team not giving him much help defensively... especially early season.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think the question of why didn’t Tucker start (especially after the Merrimack game) is a legitimate one.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
            Don’t have a horrible turnover leading to a mini breakaway resulting in the penalty call...Pull the goalie after the 3rd goal...What’s going to change with this program because something has to?
            It wasn't even close to a mini-breakaway, Harper was with him stride for stride and the puck was closer to the end wall than the center of the ice.

Disagree with pulling Abel after three, that'd be throwing Tucker straight on a PP after we'd given up 3 basically uncontested shots from between the faceoff dot.

That said, I agree with starting Tucker going forward.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
              I thought tucker has been quite good all year on a team very weak defensively
              Agreed.

Fensore is small, and plays small.

Vlasic is HUGE, and plays small.

Can we get some d-men who play big?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Kill the penalty.
                This times infinity. I see what happened as two separate things. The call was horrible, refs are terrible blah blah blah fishcakes. Not questioning the complaints. They’re all valid.

But....penalties both legit and inane happen. How do you overcome it? See Bomber’s statement above. I said the same thing in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  It looks like he started to go down before Harper makes any contact with him. I don't see that he grabs Harper's stick. Win some, lose some, tie some. Maybe a bad call, but nowhere near as bad as that commercial with the old fisherman and the giant shark. Worst commercial ever.
                  Harper reaches out to hold him up but ya I agree Shea was going down on his own. At least it doesn't count as a loss!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post

Vlasic is HUGE, and plays small.

Can we get some d-men who play big?
                    Seems to make a big impact on games if you ask me. Own goal in the semis followed by a terrible penalty on the kill in the finals that led to two goals? Most impactful defenseman on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      From the Official BU athletics write-up about the game. I have never seen anything like this on the official BU game summary! Usually the write-ups are fairly boring & basic.

"A great game was decided by a penalty call in the second overtime period as Boston University fell to No. 12 Northeastern, 5-4, in the 68th Beanpot championship game on Monday evening at TD Garden.

For the second time in as many weeks, the Terriers officially played to a draw and were able to force overtime thanks to freshman Trevor Zegras' second goal of the game with just 1.2 seconds remaining in regulation.

After a scoreless five-minute overtime session, Northeastern's Ryan Shea grabbed the stick of BU senior Patrick Harper and fell to the ground, eliciting a tripping call on Harper in the 79th minute of play. Jordan Harris provided the winner at the 79:33 mark on an effort from the center point."
                      Who wrote this? Rogie? Scott Weighart?

This is honestly sad. The athletic department should have a little more pride than stooping to this level.

Tough call; it is what it is. Given that it is officially a tie at least this doesn't hurt the PWR as much as it would have under previous years.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Haha Weighart is not a bad guess at all

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          You want perfection (if it exists) go watch tennis and play with the Cyclops & replay computers & adjust your fedora all afternoon.
                          THIS I agree with. And Jaffe said it also..."I NEVER want to see the human element taken out of the game." (and I'm not going to go on a technology rant...)

I thought BU started to look to make the perfect play in OT and passed up a lot of good opportunities. As "they" say, "No shot is a bad shot in overtime." So there's obviously more than one way to look at it...

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                            Fire the clueless fatass of a coach.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              This times infinity. I see what happened as two separate things. The call was horrible, refs are terrible blah blah blah fishcakes. Not questioning the complaints. They’re all valid.

But....penalties both legit and inane happen. How do you overcome it? See Bomber’s statement above. I said the same thing in 2015.
                              Obviously a bad call. But ... as noted below, that was after a giveaway by Harper. Also, there were two bad penalties in the third period that very nearly killed them right there. At times, there seems to be a lack of discipline on this team.

On a more positive note, Wise continues to improve. Also, there’s been some fair criticism that some of the high draft picks over the years didn’t care enough about BU’s success (Eichel being an exception). Seeing Zegras grab his jersey after the tying goal and having the post-game meltdown would suggest otherwise in his case.
                              Overall, the late rallies against two talented teams over the last two weeks showed some grit. Could they make a run in the Hockey East playoffs? I feel better about that happening than I did ten days ago.

Comment

Hockey East is absolutely wild this year. Not much separation between 1 and 9. Even Merrimack spanked BU the other night. You have a few top flight players who can carry you but I think the instability in goal will do you in at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X