This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Here is hoping that the team takes their anger from Monday and turns it into a dominating sweep this weekend.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Based on his reaction to the loss last night I don't think he thinks he'll return.

Sean
      I didn't watch any of the overtime. What did Zegras do that warranted a 10 minute misconduct?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        I didn't watch any of the overtime. What did Zegras do that warranted a 10 minute misconduct?
        He was the most animated of the players that were yelling at the refs after the PP goal, given the questionable call. They were all a fair distance away (not in their face), but he was essentially pointing at them and screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          He was the most animated of the players that were yelling at the refs after the PP goal, given the questionable call. They were all a fair distance away (not in their face), but he was essentially pointing at them and screaming.
          Nothing happens to him tonight right> That doesn't carry over

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
            ...Referee Joe Testa, who made controversial call in Beanpot final OT on Monday, was originally scheduled to work PC-Vermont this weekend but has now been taken off that series, per sources
            Guess we'll next see him in the NCHC....with Cameron Voss.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Here is fearing that the team takes their anger from Monday and turns it into a dominating sweep this weekend.
              fyp.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                fyp.
                How is that fixing his post?

Or is that from your perspective?

Comment

Zebras is 95% gone. Too bad. Kids fun to watch and he cares.

This weekend will go a long way to answer the Albie question.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

I don’t want to hear any more complaints about concession prices at Agganis. Just paid $11.25 for a teeny pizza and bottle of water.

Also, the PA here is awful. Can’t hear anything.

Lackluster start to a super important game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      How is that fixing his post?

Or is that from your perspective?
                      Yes, I believe he was giving the UNH perspective.

Comment

Well that was a good start to the home stretch.
                        - It's really a shame that we could lose all three of the Farrance, Harper, Zegras trio. The puck handling and shooting skills among those three is off the charts. Farrance has to be a favorite for All-American at this point (along with Perunovich).
                        - That said, I do get frustrated when we use up the first minute of a PP simply passing the puck back and forth between those three guys. Are they trying to read how the other team is defending the PP? Because chances are once you have run one PP in a game, you know what they are doing. Figure out what your play is and execute it. When you have a 1-man (or in some cases 2-man) advantage, you have one more guy there to pounce on a rebound. Sure, the opponent could get the rebound and clear the zone, but to me I would rather see us attempt 4-5 shots on a PP than wait for one perfect play.
                        - Good for Tucker to have another good game. I'll be very curious to see who starts tonight. If the coaches think they can fix the "he's vulnerable on high shots" issue with Abel, maybe they give him the start. If not, does he fall into a confidence funk that could hurt him for the next 3.5 years? I know we have a great goalie coming next year, but we still need a good back-up. My guess is that Tucker gets the start because we need every point we can get at this point.
                        - Not having Phillips definitely reduced our balanced attack. Hopefully he is back soon.

Comment

Yes, I believe he was giving the UNH perspective.
                          and speaking truth.

When you guys are on your game it is really fun to watch (not factoring in who you beat of course.) Last night had the men vs. boys feel to it.
                          Last edited by Darius; 02-15-2020, 11:07 AM.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

If the coaches think they can fix the "he's vulnerable on high shots" issue with Abel, maybe they give him the start.
                            That's a difficult thing to fix. While all 4 NU goals against Abel were from A++++++++ locations, he was beat clean up high all four times with ease. Similarly, Merrimack beat him clean up high. I'm no goaltending expert, but fixing that leak doesn't seem like something you coach out of a guy in a week or two, especially when every team who sees him from now on will pepper the top half of the net.

Tucker isn't perfect but he's been good in big games this year. Not to mention he's gotta be .950%+ on breakaways, unbelievable how many he's stoned this year.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I don’t want to hear any more complaints about concession prices at Agganis. Just paid $11.25 for a teeny pizza and bottle of water.

Also, the PA here is awful. Can’t hear anything.

Lackluster start to a super important game.
                              Food prices are half before the game @ BC except beer
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Food prices are half before the game @ BC except beer
                                I took advantage of this last month, an awesome deal. I imagine that incentives people to show up to the game on time too.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X