X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    just some fantastic passes & passing. looks like he is having fun doing it, which in turn makes it look that much better.
    The Wizard of Pass
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

We had an away game against the U18 team? That generated a lot of pre game buzz ...rolleyes

I don’t ever remember that as anything but a home game... is this a first?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        like the part 'if you can get open, he'll find you'... so true.
        good vision on ice & understanding where teammates are going to be. hopefully will cool down a bit come early march
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The scheduling issues need to be addressed.
          Brown at BU Wednesday
          Only 2 home games in January
          No games in past two years against either Big Ten or NCHC

Which will have smaller crowd- Bentley at NU tonight or BU game Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            We had an away game against the U18 team? That generated a lot of pre game buzz ...rolleyes

I don’t ever remember that as anything but a home game... is this a first?
            It is a first, NTDP recently purchased their own rink, and this year started hosting college teams in exchange for multiple return visits to the college.

BU, UW, ND, and UND, among others, all visited the NTDP this year. My understanding is the colleges that play the U18 team will now play one game in Plymouth every 5 years or so, and the rest at home.

Comment

Back to having 3 ex-Terrier NHL head coaches as John Hynes replaces Laviolette in Nashville. He rejoins his teammate from the '95 Natty champs, Jeff Kealty, who is the Predators' AGM. https://www.nhl.com/news/john-hynes-...ch/c-313573260
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

BU seems to have good luck with Scandinavian mid-year Christmas break debuts. (Tommi Degermann had 2g and 2a in his first game, a win over UNH if memory serves.)

In all seriousness, Skoog looked very good. For someone coming from the NAHL, he is better than I expected. Strong on the puck, physical game with some skill.

I was hoping for more than an OT win against a weak opponent. But I'll take it.

And, oh, that Zegras between the legs pass to Harper breaking for the net would have been a Sportscaster Top 10 for sure if Harper had scored.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Judging only from the box score, that one seemed like more of a struggle than it perhaps should have been. That does make it 3 in a row though....

Attendance woes continue although the Wednesday night game didn’t help that at all I’m sure.

Comment

Vinny wasn’t dressed. Gone?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                      The scheduling issues need to be addressed.
                      Brown at BU Wednesday
                      Only 2 home games in January
                      No games in past two years against either Big Ten or NCHC

Which will have smaller crowd- Bentley at NU tonight or BU game Wednesday
                      And how do you want to address the scheduling issues? No weekday games? More games in January? BU can't get B1G or NCHC teams every season.

NU had the smaller crowd.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Vinny wasn’t dressed. Gone?
                        I have to think that if not, it is coming. I think the DFP/Blog called him a healthy scratch.

I was a little surprised that Armstrong wasn't dressed. He has impressed me so far.

Wise had either 3 or maybe even 4 shots in one 30 second span. I'm not sure one of them was on net. That's not going to help him get off the 4th line.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

If Skoog doesn't score in OT they would have been 6-6-6.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I was a little surprised that Armstrong wasn't dressed. He has impressed me so far.
                            There was an article some time around New Year's Day that Armstrong is nursing a minor injury. Apparently they're looking at next week for Cockerill to return.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              And how do you want to address the scheduling issues? No weekday games? More games in January? BU can't get B1G or NCHC teams every season.

NU had the smaller crowd.

Sean
                              Sean:
                              How many times has a Terrier scored an OT goal in his first game? Couldn’t have been too often.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                Sean:
                                How many times has a Terrier scored an OT goal in his first game? Couldn’t have been too often.
                                Probably not, but this was a dramatic start to his career (we won't count his earlier penalty). I've lost track of how many times I have seen a freshman score in his first game! It must have something to do with adrenaline.
                                For certain individuals, avoiding a 6-6-6 record was more important than the win itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X