X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    The roster was worthy of that so it’s hard to understand how they didn’t even finish in the top-10. One theory I’ve heard is that it tells you how valuable Peter Marshall had been.
    Good call on Peter Marshall. Loved that kid. (On and off the ice.). Scott Young, Ed Lowney, Scott Schaunessy, Mike Sullivan, Kelfer, Donatelli, Cullen. I mean, how was this team not in the NCAA's?

Other fun tidbits: Sean McDonough and Bob Norton on the call. Man, the goalie equipment was TINY. I captured a shot of Terry Taillefer hunched over in net and it's comical. He looks like a little kid.

Anyway, I think I'll skip today's game (NU's 4th Pot. My senior year.). But looking forward to the 90's. What a decade for BU Hockey. Sucks they only one one championship. I still say 1997 hurts more than 1991. But they both hurt.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      BU won the Beanpot 4-3 in OT! Kelfer with a spinning slaps shot to win it. (Man, you had to commit assault to get called for a penalty in those days.)
      Kelfer goal video

MH82's article on the entire 1985-86 Peter Marshall-led season, culminating in BU's first HE championship.

Also posting a series of This Date in BU Hockey posts on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. Some with video, including the 1972 National Championship Game shutout of Cornell, 48 years ago today.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Kelfer goal video

MH82's article on the entire 1985-86 Peter Marshall-led season, culminating in BU's first HE championship.

Also posting a series of This Date in BU Hockey posts on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. Some with video, including the 1972 National Championship Game shutout of Cornell, 48 years ago today.
        So glad you posted this here as I didn't know if I hit reply all to the email you sent would go to everyone. My favorite memory of the 1986 HE Championship was the bus ride home with the pep band - Bomber, you might remember this - and one of the guys in the band yelled out "Scott Gordon was so upset he gave up 9 goals to BU in the Hockey East Championship game he through himself in front of the team bus...and it slipped through his legs!
        Last edited by Scarlet; 03-18-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Riddle me this ... Patrick Curry is Hockey East's Best Defensive Forward and finishes tied for second in the league in goal scoring with 19. So how is there no place for him on any of HE's three all-star teams?

Comment

David Farrance is one of only two defensemen among the 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              David Farrance is one of only two defensemen among the 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                That guy should make the complete game available! Oh, wait...

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  I've uploaded a few BU games from 2015 and the 2009 championship game to my Google drive. I'm considering uploading additional games that I already have as digital files if there is interest. I'm also open to converting and uploading older games as well.

Sean
                  Sean - sorry for being an ignoramus. Does this mean that these will be available in the same way those on your YouTube channel are? Google owns YouTube, right? If so, then absolutely please upload to your hearts content! As you know, I have a ton of old games on VHS, but I think you probably have most of the ones I have.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Sean - sorry for being an ignoramus. Does this mean that these will be available in the same way those on your YouTube channel are? Google owns YouTube, right? If so, then absolutely please upload to your hearts content! As you know, I have a ton of old games on VHS, but I think you probably have most of the ones I have.
                    They will available on the drive for the next 2 months to those who have the link. As I lose the space after then I'll be deleting them at that time.

As for old games, I only have BU wins (and a few ties), but not all. I could still use a better copy of the 1995 BU-LSSU quarterfinal game and I still don't have the 1986 BU-BC Hockey East championship game. However, I do have most of the other games televised since 1987.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I used to have a VHS tape with the 1990 and 1991 Beanpot finals on it, but that is long gone.
                      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Good call on Peter Marshall. Loved that kid. (On and off the ice.). Scott Young, Ed Lowney, Scott Schaunessy, Mike Sullivan, Kelfer, Donatelli, Cullen. I mean, how was this team not in the NCAA's?

Other fun tidbits: Sean McDonough and Bob Norton on the call. Man, the goalie equipment was TINY. I captured a shot of Terry Taillefer hunched over in net and it's comical. He looks like a little kid.

Anyway, I think I'll skip today's game (NU's 4th Pot. My senior year.). But looking forward to the 90's. What a decade for BU Hockey. Sucks they only one one championship. I still say 1997 hurts more than 1991. But they both hurt.
                        '88 was my senior year also. My friend and I left before the end of the game and ended up drinking beer at the Rat.
                        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Sean, the one game I'd love to watch again that I had on VHS, but lent to a friend (never to be seen again.) was the 1 in Maine's 1993 season.

And Scarlet, yep, I remember that. I also vividly remember Scott Gordon smashing his stick over the crossbar after Shaunessy scored, what I believe was the 7th goal. Good times.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

How many days gotta go by without him signing before
                            I can get excited that Zegras might be back? Ducks might not want to burn a year on his rookie deal if theyre not going to be in contention

BU will be really good if hes back

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Sean, the one game I'd love to watch again that I had on VHS, but lent to a friend (never to be seen again.) was the 1 in Maine's 1993 season.

And Scarlet, yep, I remember that. I also vividly remember Scott Gordon smashing his stick over the crossbar after Shaunessy scored, what I believe was the 7th goal. Good times.
                              If I’m not mistaken, that was also the year of the “Beanpot Trot”
                              video. That didn’t work out so well for its producers.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                If I’m not mistaken, that was also the year of the “Beanpot Trot”
                                video. That didn’t work out so well for its producers.
                                Now Showing: The Beanpot Trot

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X