X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Sean, the one game I'd love to watch again that I had on VHS, but lent to a friend (never to be seen again.) was the 1 in Maine's 1993 season.
    I have that game (you can watch the game winning goal on YouTube) and will see about digitizing it, but it may not be the best quality. It turns out my old tapes are now buried behind a lot of boxes put in the closet by my wife. Once I get them moved I can get to the tapes.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
      How many days gotta go by without him signing before
      I can get excited that Zegras might be back? Ducks might not want to burn a year on his rookie deal if theyre not going to be in contention

BU will be really good if hes back
      Neither has Farrance either. Kind of excited because wonder if maybe he does not want to go to Nashville and become a free agent.

Comment

everyone should calm down- There is no hockey so no rush to get anyone into system
        The last 4 years over 30 players with eligibility left have signed
        The process is just delayed
        Can't believe all the love for Farrance
        Totally based on offensive production only

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Sean, the one game I'd love to watch again that I had on VHS, but lent to a friend (never to be seen again.) was the 1 in Maine's 1993 season.

And Scarlet, yep, I remember that. I also vividly remember Scott Gordon smashing his stick over the crossbar after Shaunessy scored, what I believe was the 7th goal. Good times.
          Ahh, the "1". I watched some at home than headed to T's. When I parked in the WBA parking lot we were down 6-4. By the time I got to T's we had tied it up. Then the place went bananas when we won it. It's harder to see without Hi-Def, but the tying goal was a double deflection - once up high by the d-man that shot it, then was headed well wide and hit another skate and deflected in. Third time in the game with 2 goals in less than 2 minutes. And then we survived a penalty on Linna when Kariya dropped like he had been shot. I was so sure Maine was going to score on that PP.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Ahh, the "1". I watched some at home than headed to T's. When I parked in the WBA parking lot we were down 6-4. By the time I got to T's we had tied it up. Then the place went bananas when we won it. It's harder to see without Hi-Def, but the tying goal was a double deflection - once up high by the d-man that shot it, then was headed well wide and hit another skate and deflected in. Third time in the game with 2 goals in less than 2 minutes. And then we survived a penalty on Linna when Kariya dropped like he had been shot. I was so sure Maine was going to score on that PP.
            Prendergast's game-winner. A fan favorite and a clutch player.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Bob always dropping in a high school/ team
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I always enjoyed listening to Bob. Does anyone know what he's doing now? Is he still with us?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  I always enjoyed listening to Bob. Does anyone know what he's doing now? Is he still with us?
                  Received the AHCA's Jim Fullerton Award a year ago following the 2019 college season.
                  https://www.concordmonitor.com/Hocke...-game-25230682
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    And their coach as well.

" . . . played for Marty Pierce at Matignon."

I go way back . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                      And their coach as well.

" . . . played for Marty Pierce at Matignon."

I go way back . . .
                      Haa me too. Way back... over where I am in the capital district of ny the only boston tv channel that ever carried any college hockey in the 80s was wsbk. Every year they would broadcast the Beanpot and Bob would do the color commentary. I remember thinking that man Bob Norton has been EVERYWHERE and has a memory for names like a steel trap!

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        Haa me too. Way back... over where I am in the capital district of ny the only boston tv channel that ever carried any college hockey in the 80s was wsbk. Every year they would broadcast the Beanpot and Bob would do the color commentary. I remember thinking that man Bob Norton has been EVERYWHERE and has a memory for names like a steel trap!
                        yup
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm inordinately happy about Dave Tomlinson liking and retweeting one of my tweets about his shorty against Harvard in the 1990 Beanpot championship game.
                          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                            I'm inordinately happy about Dave Tomlinson liking and retweeting one of my tweets about his shorty against Harvard in the 1990 Beanpot championship game.
                            Saw that. Great comment from him too.

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                              Which tweet?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Which tweet?
                                I tweeted Sean McDonagh's comment at the end of the 1990 Beanpot telecast, when he was finishing the interview with Joe Sacco. "Joe Sacco, you've just won the Beanpot, where are you going to go?" "I'm going to the Dugout, Sean!"

I'm sure we were probably all on our way there at that moment.
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X