X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Yup, that's where it was - thanks!

Does anyone know if it is before or after the game?
    Mike Eruzione Book Signing:

Former BU men's hockey captain and 1980 Olympic gold medalist Mike Eruzione will be at Friday's game to sign copies of his new book, "The Making of a Miracle," detailing his life and his role in the historic "Miracle on Ice" at the 1980 Olympics. The book will be sold on game day at the Barnes and Noble stand within the Arena, so grab a copy and meet the Captain!

Comment

Classic trap game tonight.

Anyone got numbers (Sean?) on what the W/L record is on the weekend after BU has won the Beanpot semifinal?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
        Classic trap game tonight.

Anyone got numbers (Sean?) on what the W/L record is on the weekend after BU has won the Beanpot semifinal?
        BU's record for all Beanpot betweener games, including when they have played multiple games between rounds: 46-16-5, 0.724
        BU's record in their first game after the Beanpot semifinals: 41-13-4, 0.741
        BU's record in their first game after a Beanpot semifinal win: 37-8-3, 0.802
        BU's record in their first game after the Beanpot semifinal in the 2000s: 12-5-2, 0.684
        BU's record in their first game after a Beanpot semifinal win in the 2000s: 10-3-1, 0.750

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          BU's record for all Beanpot betweener games, including when they have played multiple games between rounds: 46-16-5, 0.724
          BU's record in their first game after the Beanpot semifinal in the 2000s: 12-5-2, 0.684
          BU's record in their first game after a Beanpot semifinal win in the 2000s: 10-3-1, 0.750

Sean
          In 4 of the 5 years where BU lost their 1st game after the Beanpot Semifinal in the 2000s (2001, 2004, 2012, 2017), they played in the Beanpot Final following. Their record in the Beanpot Final those 4 years: 0-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
            Thank you, sir. Greatly appreciated.

You never fail to amaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              In 4 of the 5 years where BU lost their 1st game after the Beanpot Semifinal in the 2000s (2001, 2004, 2012, 2017), they played in the Beanpot Final following. Their record in the Beanpot Final those 4 years: 0-4.
              Alright, well let's win tonight.

Comment

::head desk::

Comment

• This is a great reminder of why I stopped going to games. Terrible hockey.

Comment

Looked like they were going through the motions most of the game. Kiss of death to get the early short hander - I think it tricked us to thinking it would be an easier game. We were just hoping Merrimack would roll over. Able is looking vulnerable up high in the last 2 games. Not impressed with the effort all around.

Comment

May not even get an invite to the NIT at this pace
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        May not even get an invite to the NIT at this pace
                        Wear mask

Comment

Does anyone know exactly what happened with Wise? Saw it was a coaches decision to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                            Does anyone know exactly what happened with Wise? Saw it was a coaches decision to scratch.
                            Unknown. He'd been playing better of late, so I'd guess something like team rules violation or poor practices.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Unknown. He'd been playing better of late, so I'd guess something like team rules violation or poor practices.
                              I have no knowledge, but his ice time dropped against BC as the game went on. I'm wondering if the coaching staff was not pleased with his effort in that game. I agree that overall he has looked much better over the past several games.

What a bummer of a result. Really takes a lot of the wind out of the fans sails going into Monday. Certainly solidifies that this team will need to win the HE tourney to get into the NCAAs. Again.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                                Looked like they were going through the motions most of the game. Kiss of death to get the early short hander - I think it tricked us to thinking it would be an easier game. We were just hoping Merrimack would roll over. Able is looking vulnerable up high in the last 2 games. Not impressed with the effort all around.
                                It's amazing how often this happens. I see it in the college game and younger (high school, youth hockey). The team that scores an early goal goes onto lose, because they think it is reflective of how the game will go. I'd love to see an analysis of the difference in win percentage for the team that scores first, when that goal comes in the first 5 minutes versus later in the game. No Sean, I am not requesting that you do this. But some games that come to mind going way back: The 1991 NCAA semis against Clarkson, the 1990 Beanpot final against BC, the 1991 Beanpot final against Harvard; '97 NCAA title against UND.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X