X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
    Don’t care talent doesn’t always mean everything in any way shape or form ... is rather 10 mastrosimone’s or Phillips or
    Amonte or cockerills then him
    You need both to win at the highest level. A mixture of the bread and butter guys and some of the top end talent that you know you'll never keep for 4 years.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
      Zegras’ departure may be expected and a good thing but looking at the big picture over the last two seasons, just about anyone who could have left early, has left early (waiting on Farrance’s decision). And as you noted, it’s a different story down the street. That’s not a good look for this coaching staff.
      Another very good and on point insight

Comment

Anyone know if about any grad transfers possibly suiting up for us next season? Tim Doherty (Maine) is the only one I know of. Doherty put up 37 points last season and would be huge if BU was able to reel him in, but with Amonte's return will BU have enough roster space? Doherty is rumored to go to a beanpot school (besides Harvard), would be a huge get.

Comment

BU has that PC transfer coming in as well.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Inshalla
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              The one that was a disaster at PC on the ice and likely another hired gun.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                The one that was a disaster at PC on the ice and likely another hired gun.
                I think O'brien will do alright here. I would prefer him than other recent grad transfer skaters we've had. Brink and Willman were both invisible on the ice. The only grad transfer skater in recent memory to my knowledge that was good was Drew Melanson. We'll see how O'brien does, but I think he will be a good addition if he plays like how he did this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                  Another very good and on point insight
                  Every situation is different. Newhook had a great season but is owned by the Avalanche who are very good and have zero room for him so he stays another season at BC. Aapel Räsänen just left BC after his junior season. Wahlstrom had a poor season and left after one season last year. Knight is a goalie and was always coming back as Florida is in no rush at all. Boldy was up and down and only had 9 goals and by most accounts needs at least one more NCAA season. Zegras falls under the Wahlstom category for me - he was always going to leave after one season no matter what. Anaheim isnt good so they can afford to take on Zegras and play him since it doenst matter. Hutsko staying helps BC a lot - could be Florida saying they have no room as they are in playoff hunt as well. in summary, a lot goes into players leaving and its not always being the coach to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    Every situation is different. Newhook had a great season but is owned by the Avalanche who are very good and have zero room for him so he stays another season at BC. Aapel Räsänen just left BC after his junior season. Wahlstrom had a poor season and left after one season last year. Knight is a goalie and was always coming back as Florida is in no rush at all. Boldy was up and down and only had 9 goals and by most accounts needs at least one more NCAA season. Zegras falls under the Wahlstom category for me - he was always going to leave after one season no matter what. Anaheim isnt good so they can afford to take on Zegras and play him since it doenst matter. Hutsko staying helps BC a lot - could be Florida saying they have no room as they are in playoff hunt as well. in summary, a lot goes into players leaving and its not always being the coach to blame.
                    I thought I was pretty clear that my point wasn’t just about Zegras or BC’s 1st rounders. I said look at the big picture over the last two seasons. How about Bowers and Krys (to name a couple of examples)? I also didn’t say it was always the coaches to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                      Zegras’ departure may be expected and a good thing but looking at the big picture over the last two seasons, just about anyone who could have left early, has left early (waiting on Farrance’s decision). And as you noted, it’s a different story down the street. That’s not a good look for this coaching staff.
                      Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                      I thought I was pretty clear that my point wasn’t just about Zegras or BC’s 1st rounders. I said look at the big picture over the last two seasons. How about Bowers and Krys (to name a couple of examples)? I also didn’t say it was always the coaches to blame.
                      No, but you implied it was the coaches to blame, at least regarding BU.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        No, but you implied it was the coaches to blame, at least regarding BU.

Sean
                        I said it wasn’t a good look for the coaching staff. It isn’t. Same with wins and losses (and ties). That doesn’t mean that it’s always their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          It happens to everyone. It appears BC is going to be fortunate this off-season in that regard, but everyone remembers after the 2016 Frozen Four last one out turn out the lights disaster. It took until this past season to recover from losing that many underclassmen at once.

At this point, players that come in as first round picks, you almost assume are 1 and done until shown otherwise.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

There could be some problems for BU next season. 1) Where will the scoring up front come from? 2)What is the defensive situation? We have 2 drafted defensmen coming in and are only losing 0-1. We will have 7-8 drafted defensmen next year so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

But, IMO the forward group may be deeper next season. In past seasons the 4th line has been a dump and change line. I think next year we may have some scoring ability. The five forwards we're bringing in next year all have some skill. The forward group for next year looks like a more well rounded group instead of a group where scoring was relied on 1-2 lines. Probably too early to even talk about this but, I feel as if next year BU can have a forward group not relied on just the first line
                            20-21
                            Mastrosimone-Amonte-O'brien
                            Cockerill-Wise-Peterson
                            Tuch-Skoog-Phillips
                            Zabaneh-Shlaine-Stevens-Quercia-Armstrong

19-20
                            Armstrong-Zegras-Harper
                            Cockerill-Wise-Curry
                            Mastro-Skoog-Phillips
                            Querc-Deboer-Brink-Chabot

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                              There could be some problems for BU next season. 1) Where will the scoring up front come from? 2)What is the defensive situation? We have 2 drafted defensmen coming in and are only losing 0-1. We will have 7-8 drafted defensmen next year so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

But, IMO the forward group may be deeper next season. In past seasons the 4th line has been a dump and change line. I think next year we may have some scoring ability. The five forwards we're bringing in next year all have some skill. The forward group for next year looks like a more well rounded group instead of a group where scoring was relied on 1-2 lines. Probably too early to even talk about this but, I feel as if next year BU can have a forward group not relied on just the first line
                              20-21
                              Mastrosimone-Amonte-O'brien
                              Cockerill-Wise-Peterson
                              Tuch-Skoog-Phillips
                              Zabaneh-Shlaine-Stevens-Quercia-Armstrong

19-20
                              Armstrong-Zegras-Harper
                              Cockerill-Wise-Curry
                              Mastro-Skoog-Phillips
                              Querc-Deboer-Brink-Chabot
                              My concern is that unless O'Brien looks like the furst rounder PC was hoping fro two years ago, we have no really high-end forward that can be the go to. We had two of those guys this past season in Harper and Zegras. I think we have a good group of next level guys (above average talent) in Mastrosimone, Phillips, Tuch, Skoog and hopefully O'Brien. Then I would group Amonte, Wise, Cockerill and Peterson. Quercia, Armstrong and Stevens have some good upside. DeBoer is a 4th liner at best based on what I have seen. I won't try to project the other freshmen, but I think they have some potential.

I'm hoping as much as anyone that Cockerill and Wise can have breakout seasons (point-wise). But until it happens, I'm not counting on it.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                My concern is that unless O'Brien looks like the furst rounder PC was hoping fro two years ago, we have no really high-end forward that can be the go to. We had two of those guys this past season in Harper and Zegras. I think we have a good group of next level guys (above average talent) in Mastrosimone, Phillips, Tuch, Skoog and hopefully O'Brien. Then I would group Amonte, Wise, Cockerill and Peterson. Quercia, Armstrong and Stevens have some good upside. DeBoer is a 4th liner at best based on what I have seen. I won't try to project the other freshmen, but I think they have some potential.

I'm hoping as much as anyone that Cockerill and Wise can have breakout seasons (point-wise). But until it happens, I'm not counting on it.
                                What I am hopeful is I believe that all freshmen forwards will be able to make an impact. Shlaine and Zabaneh are the more of the not as coveted as the other three coming in(including O'brien). Shlaine was the best player on his Shattuck team this season and put up great numbers. He is very good with the puck but his only flaw is his skating. He was supposed to come in 2021, but is coming in a year early (hopefully coaches wanted him to come and make an impact this year). Zabaneh reminds me of a Logan Cockerill 2.0. Small but his skating is amazing. He definitely needs to add more strength, but I believe his skating will not keep him out of the lineup. Also, he is responsible in the defensive zone. We'll find out in the fall but I definitely believe that Boguslavsky, Deboer, and maybe even Armstrong will have to work very hard to get into the lineup because all the freshmen forwards have some skill. Armstrong's physicality may be needed in the lineup, but that is all I saw from him really this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X