This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Vermont hasn't won a HE game in a year. In another six weeks you'll be able to buy your insurance from Kevin Sneddon.

Comment

I'm not putting too much weight on the rankings. We do already have wins against Harvard and Norteastern - and played very well against BC. If we had just a few games we should have won - Vermont tie and Sacred Heart loss, we're 14 in the PWR. I like our chances...

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
        I sometimes wonder about the sanity of this group...
        Speaking about a freshman goalie that has been here for less than two months, played his third straight game, and speculating about whether he will transfer or not.
        Give it a break.
        Let the kid play, and see what happens.
        Jeez.
        USCHO posters in general or BU posters? Asking because it was a BC poster who brought up the possibility of Abel transferring.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
          Yes. 3 points on the weekend and 5-2-1 over the last 8. Not bad.
          Now 6-2-1 and Abel is 3-1-1, 3-0-1 as the starter.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          if the boys reach 10 losses before 10 wins, that all goes to pot however
          heck next 6 games could prove difficult
          BU reached 10 wins before 10 losses.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Well, we can all rest easy now knowing that Sean can continue to support Albie!
            At least for now.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by BU93 View Post
              We are right in the middle of this thing folks. Only 1 point out with a league game against BC late in the season.
              Only 4 points separate 1st from 8th and it could be 3 points after today's games, with only 2 points separating 1st from 7th.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                I'm not putting too much weight on the rankings. We do already have wins against Harvard and Norteastern - and played very well against BC. If we had just a few games we should have won - Vermont tie and Sacred Heart loss, we're 14 in the PWR. I like our chances...
                Having been at the Sacred Hart game, I’m not sure how that falls in the category of a game we should have won. They outplayed us in almost every aspect of the game from start to finish.

With that said; we do seem to have been improving and anything can happen in the Beanpot. It certainly isn’t an impossible task but we are the underdogs.

Comment

A good win on the road in a tough barn against a team hungry for it's first HE win. Abel once again looked very good. If this team stays on a run, him joining the team will be pointed to as one of the keys to the turnaround for sure. I'm glad they pulled it out, but they were close to another tie against a weaker team.
                  - I'm not sure what Vlasic was thinking when he decided to chase his own dump leading to the first UVM goal. I know sometimes the resulting odd man rush is not the defenseman's fault, but a forward who should be covering.
                  - Skoog has had at least a couple "reviewable" penalties. I'm not sure what the style of play is in the NAHL, but as I've said once before, he needs to be careful.
                  - Nice to see McCarthy get his first. He still has a lot of work to do, but he could certainly develop into a very strong all around d-man for this team.
                  - Phillips is also gaining confidence. He showed some serious speed on a rush in the second period. He also was doing a nice job in the offensive zone with puck possession.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

bu has to yet again win hea tourney for any shot at the national tournament.

starting february and only having won 40% of your games is a recipe for disappointment.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, I didn't see that coming when it was 3-1 and we were playing some of the worst hockey of the season. But to say it changed my attitude would be an understatement as this has how the last two days have gone for me: tore my ACL skiing yesterday, watched my favorite NFL team choke in the Super Bowl, watched a different maroon and gold team (Newburyport) beat my sons Varsity team in red and white (Amesbury, and he plays JV, so he was just watching), all the while developing a toothache that has me certain I'll need a root canal in the next few days. So, thanks Terriers for letting me salvage something with this win!

- Until the offensive explosion: Harper looked like last years Harper, we couldn't pass the puck to sticks, basically everyone was sucking except Abel, who recovered from the two quick goals.
                      - It seems like Stevens saw two shifts at most in the first 50 minutes of the game, and was out there every third shift the rest of the way. I think he replaced Wise on the top line. Not sure if Albie was disappointed in Wise's effort or if Wise got hurt (I noticed him on the celebration group).
                      - After calling a borderline (IMHO) penalty on Curry that gave BC that late PP, how did they not call Mastro being tackled after he split the d in OT? And the late stab by Cotton at Abel when he clearly had the puck frozen should have been a call, even if it meant taking a retaliating Terrier off too.
                      - So I guess Skoog doesn't get that goal in his stats? At least according to the announcers. Too bad for him. He hat that out of the air.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Man. I was going to leave if we went down 4-1. I thought we looked down and out most of the game. Did not see that coming at all. I am sure as hell glad I stuck it out. What a win.

Comment

Great “win”??? What’s going on? When you win in continuous sudden death 5x5, it’s always been a win according to the NCAA. I know there were some overtime rule changes, but I thought this was covered as a situation where you could earn a W.

Anyway, the trip up from Florida was really worth it! Incredible tenacity in this game by our team. Able hung in there after a rough start. A great effort down low - our best of the season against one of the top NCAA goaltenders. I miss BU hockey live in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            - It seems like Stevens saw two shifts at most in the first 50 minutes of the game, and was out there every third shift the rest of the way. I think he replaced Wise on the top line. Not sure if Albie was disappointed in Wise's effort or if Wise got hurt (I noticed him on the celebration line.
                            That would surprise me. I don’t get to see every game but Wise seemed like more of a factor than when I’d seen him previously.
                            And yes, that Mastrosimone play, even in OT, should have been a penalty (not to mention when there were clearly 6 BC players out on the ice).

Comment

Great “win”??? What’s going on? When you win in continuous sudden death 5x5, it’s always been a win according to the NCAA. I know there were some overtime rule changes, but I thought this was covered as a situation where you could earn a W.
                              As I understand it, this is all thanks to the Big 10 complaining Duluth got into tournament by .0001 bc they play 4x4 OT and wanted standard OT rules across the board for regular season games, thus 5 min 5x5 OT where if there's a winner, it's a W. Then intermission and endless OT can proceed. Game is officially a tie for NCAA/PWR. Goal, assists, PIM, etc. didn't count. Purely for advancement.

Very dumb.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                That would surprise me. I don’t get to see every game but Wise seemed like more of a factor than when I’d seen him previously.
                                And yes, that Mastrosimone play, even in OT, should have been a penalty (not to mention when there were clearly 6 BC players out on the ice).
                                One player on the bench in OT had his jersey off and was in a sling. May have been Wise, couldn't tell. Was a short forward with dark hair - Phillips was the only other candidate who wasn't clearly in a jersey already.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X