X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    What did Zegras do? This was postgame?
    I assume this is referring to the very animated display of anger towards the referee immediately following the game. It did give off a "you cost me my only chance at a Beanpot" kinda vibe to me.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post
      I assume this is referring to the very animated display of anger towards the referee immediately following the game. It did give off a "you cost me my only chance at a Beanpot" kinda vibe to me.
      Could be. But I’d take that over a “Who cares? I’ll be in Anaheim at this time next year” vibe.

Comment

If/when he decides to leave, it's not going to be because of last night. It's going to be because his stock went up after the World Juniors. In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Haha Weighart is not a bad guess at all
          Perhaps, Brian Kelley, the SID? Just a guess.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Two years ago who were the potential candidates that were disqualified for not having earned their degree?
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-11-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

After all of the expected and unexpected early departures last season, (Farabee, Bowers, Oettinger Krys Fabbro). This season is about what i wouldve expected record wise from a talent standpoint. Last season is where you could argue Albie drastically underachieved.

Comment

Changing the subject for a sec....did you know that Jake Witkowski’s family has been on Family Feud the past few nights?? They won tonight!

Comment

On the topic of the post-game reactions, here is what I saw from my seat 11 rows behind the penalty box area:
                  - Harper was clearly upset having been the one in the box. He was shouting something to the refs as he skated away.
                  - After the team started to gather, Farrance was facing the refs (who were standing at the scorer area during all this), shouting, and slamming his stick on the ice multiple times
                  - Zegras was the most animated, which as the broadcast showed very briefly, included him pointing at the refs multiple times while shouting, with a "hold me back" stance
                  - Quesnelle skated towards them at one point and was shouting something along the lines of "what the hell was that"
                  - Finally, Albie went the mocking route initially, as was giving the refs an animated clapping hand, the old "nice job, really nice job".

None of these guys ever came close to the refs, other than perhaps Harper since he was skating out of the box.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

On the subject of coaching, I have my doubts that Albie is the answer, but I think he deserves one more season before any serious calls for a change. Yes, the roster has gone through significant turnover over the last couple years, and yes, we are very young. But this team has a ton of talent. I actually think that top top bottom, this is one of the more skilled teams we have had in a while. Alot of it is young and some of it is raw, but, I feel we should be seeing better results to this point.

Did we use our timeout before the last 2 minutes last night? Because I was sure he would call a timeout after NU iced the puck, since Harper and Zegras had already been out there for seemingly a minute and a half. But he didn't call one. Maybe we called one after the 4th goal? Or to offset an icing call?
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      On the subject of coaching, I have my doubts that Albie is the answer, but I think he deserves one more season before any serious calls for a change. Yes, the roster has gone through significant turnover over the last couple years, and yes, we are very young. But this team has a ton of talent. I actually think that top top bottom, this is one of the more skilled teams we have had in a while. Alot of it is young and some of it is raw, but, I feel we should be seeing better results to this point.

Did we use our timeout before the last 2 minutes last night? Because I was sure he would call a timeout after NU iced the puck, since Harper and Zegras had already been out there for seemingly a minute and a half. But he didn't call one. Maybe we called one after the 4th goal? Or to offset an icing call?
                      Both teams had used their regulation timeout prior to the final minutes.

I agree this team is extremely talented, but it's so raw, that mistakes are bound to occur. Add on that spotty goaltending and there isn't much room for error. On this roster, Oettinger would be worth ~5 wins by himself.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

BU called timeout when they pulled Abel.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Two years ago who were the potential candidates that were disqualified for not having earned their degree?
                          Joe Sacco, not sure about anyone else.
                          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

No surprise here. Driscoll has clearly been ahead of him and Braden Doyle & Cade Webber arrive in September.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

No surprise here. Driscoll has clearly been ahead of him and Braden Doyle & Cade Webber arrive in September.
                              If this report is true, does his decision disqualify him from playing the remainder of the season?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Both teams had used their regulation timeout prior to the final minutes.

I agree this team is extremely talented, but it's so raw, that mistakes are bound to occur. Add on that spotty goaltending and there isn't much room for error. On this roster, Oettinger would be worth ~5 wins by himself.
                                Team is right on schedule as far as I am concerned. This was a bridge season until BU can get the right pieces together. Reminds me of BCs season last year. Add the goalie, add a few parts and next year this team should be very very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X