X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Pretty much. He was billed as top 10 pick.
    He suffered multiple major injuries in high school iirc.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      UConn had 5,653 there last night (I wasn't there, but from TV it sure looked that was a pretty accurate count). We haven't had that in years at Agganis (OK, Sean, I'm putting you to work here...but even if we have, it's once in a blue moon. )
      BU has reported over 6,100 for every BC game played at Agganis Arena. The previous three seasons the BC game was the only one over 5,653, while in 2015-16 they had 2 (BC & UNH), in 2014-15 they had 3 (BC, NU and Michigan), 2013-14 just BC, 2012-13 three (2 BC & NU), 2011-12 four (BC, Maine, Denver & Holy Cross!), and 2010-11 seven.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      The house looks pretty full on TV.... the free ticket thing must have worked?
      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I’m going to say no. There doesn’t appear to be any more people here than last Saturday, in my opinion.
      Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      Bernie said it looked like the best crowd of the year and when I checked , it’s 3800
      Originally posted by DLG View Post
      agree- thought it was at least 4500- certainly not over reporting crowds
      Only good thing was letting Nico Lynch get playing time at end
      The 3,808 reported for yesterday's game was just shy the 3,814 reported for last week's UNH game. The two are the highest reported attendance for games this season and raised the season average to 3,026. With next week's anticipated sellout for BC (Ticketmaster shows 93 tickets available, 48 which are resale tickets) that would guarantee average attendance for the regular season to be above 3,000, even if no one attended the NU game.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
        UConn, aka the Russian Blue Army, is okay. Nothing special. Neither is BU, when they don't come to play.
        It is time for Albie to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
          The talent makeup and the big exodus before this season can’t entirely be blamed on him but the “getting team ready to play” can be. Three blowout losses at home to teams that are middle of the road at best. Team
          not ready to play has been a common theme in the 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            The talent makeup and the big exodus before this season can’t entirely be blamed on him but the “getting team ready to play” can be. Three blowout losses at home to teams that are middle of the road at best. Team
            not ready to play has been a common theme in the 2 years.
            Being a 'storied' program can only take you so far. Pretty soon talented players start looking at actual current results and making decisions. I'm starting to worry about decommits now. Maine under Walsh became a 'storied' program. They lost that label pretty quickly. We could do the same.

How did BU not plan ahead for Jake's inevitable departure? Plan by hoping he'd stay one more year? That didn't work. If we'd had a good back-up, or incoming, goalie, many of the games we'd tied or lost this season wouldn't have happened to the disappointing degree it did. Instead, we got Purpura, then managed to finally snag one of the last grad transfer goalies available to plug the gaping hole. That was our biggest failure.

Put yourself in the shoes of a talented, blue chip player looking at where to play. Wouldn't it give you pause if you were 'committed' to BU and were watching the last two seasons unfold? That's the sad and scary part of all this.... the possible collateral damage that may yet result.

Comment

This team is way too talented to lose 6-1 to ****ing UConn at home. Especially in late February when the stakes are high.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                This team is way too talented to lose 6-1 to ****ing UConn at home. Especially in late February when the stakes are high.
                Albie is damaging our storied reputation and acts like a deer in the headlights when interviewed. For any BU coach touting 16 current players in the NHL and our best in class arena recruiting should not be as much as a lift as it is in other schools. He was an easy choice and we are now paying the price for not reaching for a more talented leader.

Comment

This has to be one of the most confusing BU teams ever. They look great some nights, then lose at home to Sacred Heart. Get blown out by UConn at home. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    The 3,808 reported for yesterday's game was just shy the 3,814 reported for last week's UNH game. The two are the highest reported attendance for games this season and raised the season average to 3,026. With next week's anticipated sellout for BC (Ticketmaster shows 93 tickets available, 48 which are resale tickets) that would guarantee average attendance for the regular season to be above 3,000, even if no one attended the NU game.

Sean
                    Thanks. I should have said "besides BC." Because the attendance for that game is an aberration. In any event, you pretty much confirmed my point that the attendance has been "dismal" except for when we play BC.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                      Being a 'storied' program can only take you so far.
                      Which was EXACTLY my point when I said that "many" are afraid of BU losing its "blue blood" status.

Comment

This is college hockey, not SEC football. Do you honestly think your AD would pull the plug this quickly?

Comment

one additional point
                          know most USHL/BCHL games are streamed and there are more showcase games but every night when I go a game all coaches are present
                          When Quinn, O'Connell, Greeley and others were assistants they were often out scouting on game nights
                          There is something to be said for being on site at junior games and talking to coaches and getting a better feel for players
                          Also it was usually a younger assistant doing this work
                          Since Ct was in last night I would cite Joe Pereira as an example

If Albie survives I would expect to see assistant coaching changes

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            This is college hockey, not SEC football. Do you honestly think your AD would pull the plug this quickly?
                            We can only hope!

Comment

We can only hope!
                              Be careful what you wish for... Don’t want to end up like Wisconsin, what a disaster Granato has turned into when he was supposed to be a savior

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                We have been spoiled with Jack Kelly and Jack Parker (minus the brief Leon Abbott “hiccup”). Long-term coaches dedicated to the success of the program. You are fortunate with a guy like York, who bleeds maroon and gold. To be fair, though, the world is different today. Loyalty has diminished. I see it in my profession. It has become a mercenary profession. People will jump at the slightest enticement for a “better deal.” Why should we criticize coaches for leaving (a la Quinn)? Players have been doing it for years. That was the whole point of free agency in pro sports. The “one and done” is simply another implementation of that. So enjoy Jerry while you can, because those days are gone forever and they aren’t coming back. Do I think they will fire Albie? Not yet. But it’s more feasible than it would have been s generation ago. Immediate gratification rules the day in these times.

Comment

Working...
                                X