Black Girl Hockey Club - Black Female Fans' Support Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Girl Hockey Club - Black Female Fans' Support Group

But the woman's view that "Don Cherry's comments showed...that we do need to acknowledge that there is some very deep-seated racism in the sport of hockey" shows no critical thinking.

Blake Bolden is part of the group...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/we-are...club-1.5374068

Re: Black Girl Hockey Club - Black Female Fans' Support Group

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    But the woman's view that "Don Cherry's comments showed...that we do need to acknowledge that there is some very deep-seated racism in the sport of hockey" shows no critical thinking.
    What an odd week to make this observation.

Comment

I wonder if those people ever go to watch the women play?

Comment

This thread brings back fond memories from 2002 - 2004 of watching the three Mackley sister's all playing for their Burnsville MN High School team together. 7th grader Ariel, Sophomore Melissa, and Senior Brittany. Brittany and Ariel went on to Captain their college teams at Minnesota State University Mankato 07/08 and 10/11 & 11/12 respectively. Melissa was a two time All-American and captain 08/09 & 09/10 at Gustavus, last I heard she was well along in Medical School at Minnesota. Very good hockey players and even better people, glad I was able to get to know them. Hope they are all doing well. I am not aware of any other African American sisters (3) that were captains of their respective college hockey teams.
        4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
        SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Working...
        X