This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Oz using the youth excuse on the radio. No, all we've heard at whb lunches all last year was hang with us until this year. Blah blah blah blah blah.
    You've got to be schitting me. I turned off the game at 3-0. He's used that EXCUSE multiple times on the radio post-game; I wish Posick would call him out but I understand why he can't.

So, those of you who continue to say "They wiil come around", or "Just wait", whatcha got now?

This will really sting recruiting. If these elite US-NTDP players regress when they come here, why WOULD they come here?

The NHL teams that have these player's rights will NOT say, "Go to Wisconsin and develop" they'll say go to NoDak, BU, Denver, etc OR go to the CHL.

I was cautiously optimistic all summer. I bought into the hype hook, line, sinker but DID NOT see this coming. I agree with previous posters; we may not see some boys return in January. The NHL clubs will tell them to move on.

If it wasn't before, there are 3 hit seats in the hockey office.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-06-2019, 11:02 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Granato has successfully neutered one of the most offensively talented rosters in the country. Amazing.
      Line of the season right there. This is just unreal. I guess a mediocre at best former NHL head coach, an experienced former head coach who is an assistant head coach and an assistant head coach who was out of coaching for 11 years can't make NHL talent level players play hard all the time. Who knew?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Line of the season right there. This is just unreal. I guess a mediocre at best former NHL head coach, an experienced former head coach who is an assistant head coach and an assistant head coach who was out of coaching for 11 years can't make NHL talent level players play hard all the time. Who knew?
        Timmy, I'll help you lobby to get the women's team into Kohl Center, then move the men to LaBahn.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          I need something to put me in a happier mood. Maybe I’ll go watch Requiem For A Dream or Boy In The Striped Pajamas or something.
          The hockey gals eeked out a win. The 2nd period was their worst of the season by far, they completely lost their poise with the puck, but didn't allow a goal that period. All 3 goals allowed reminded me of the men's team, poor D zone coverage, just chasing around or completely allowing an open shot. This team is not nearly as talented on the back end as MJ's teams usually are. I'm not convinced they will get to the promised land if they don't improve.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Timmy, I'll help you lobby to get the women's team into Kohl Center, then move the men to LaBahn.
            I like the atmosphere in LaBahn, I'd hate to loose it in the KC. If there was a way for BA to funnel $$$ to increase LaBahn's capacity by 1000 that would be great. Maybe some men's hockey boosters will switch over to the gals. Winning is fun.

Comment

This program is in shambles. If anyone thinks Barry “I’m not a hockey guy” Alvarez will make a move before at least year 6 I think you’re dreaming.

Youth excuse is bull****. We’ve been fed bull**** for years now.

First 22 is a stud, then Dhoogie’s are studs, Miller is a stud, Weissbach, Turcotte, Caufield, Holloway etc. results are what matters and these kids aren’t getting them. Maybe 3/4 of that is on coaching.
              Then fire the staff ASAP.

For whomever posted re Gorniak, Baker, Achan etc. C’mon! Those guys are NOT Burish, McMurchy, Gilbert, Licari, Degenhardt. Not by a gd long shot.

I fought against the Pollyanna chuck Schwartz re the Barnes, Mersch, Zengerle team because I felt they were overrated as hell. I’ll challenge anyone here to produce evidence this coaching staff and this roster comprised as it is with possibly 3 if not 4 kids leaving after frosh and Soph seasons and not much in the cupboard beyond them to explain how Wisconsin Hockey will stabilize and then improve and get back to where they should be under this staff but more importantly under the AD who doesn’t give one **** about hockey.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                under the AD who doesn’t give one **** about hockey.
                BA did a great job hiring TG. No one said it was a bad hire. Hiring an x NHL coach to coach college? The steal of of the century. TG did a great job hiring DG and OZ. DG is a hockey genius, we all knew how awesome OZ was.

It looks bad, but they are an 8-2 run from being a factor. I'm not sure what is giving me the hope other than I love this school and the team and as freaking frustrated as I am, things are not that far out of kilter where they can't squeeze their bungholes a little tighter and keep the poop out of the house. Without hope, there's nothing. This morning I don't want nothing.

Let's go RED!

Comment

Down to 32 in pairwise. Now in the bottom half of teams. Todd Milewski indicated some players thought their play was improved but he also let out a little nugget from Baker that there are guys that need to buy in more. That isn't a good sign at all.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    BA did a great job hiring TG. No one said it was a bad hire. Hiring an x NHL coach to coach college? The steal of of the century. TG did a great job hiring DG and OZ. DG is a hockey genius, we all knew how awesome OZ was.

It looks bad, but they are an 8-2 run from being a factor. I'm not sure what is giving me the hope other than I love this school and the team and as freaking frustrated as I am, things are not that far out of kilter where they can't squeeze their bungholes a little tighter and keep the poop out of the house. Without hope, there's nothing. This morning I don't want nothing.

Let's go RED!
                    I’m glad you have hope. And I hope that these kids “buy in” but I don’t see it happening.

The dream team was an inspired move by BA but like all good CEO’s when a mistake has been made it must be acknowledged and fixed stat.

I didn’t tune in last night and won’t tonight either. I’ll check final scores for signs of life but until the ship is turned, mountain is climbed, puppies are housebroken, solo will move on.

On another note at least Roger Penske has brought great news to indycar. So my other sports passion will be climbing mountains soon.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Down to 32 in pairwise. Now in the bottom half of teams. Todd Milewski indicated some players thought their play was improved but he also let out a little nugget from Baker that there are guys that need to buy in more. That isn't a good sign at all.
                      That's funny considering Baker has been absolutely horrible this year and IMO (and others) has regressed from where he was two years ago as a freshman. Wonder if he's referring to Miller at all... I was listening to Posick on the radio just before puck drop last night and they were talking about how Miller is on such a tear recently. I physically cringed when they were praising his play. He's been awful, lazy, lackadaisical, uninterested, etc.

I'm also having trouble understanding the forechecking from the team. There are so many times where it's just one guy going deep into the zone and the others are just standing there watching when they could be creating pressure and taking away easy breakout passes for the other team.

When do we see Weissbach-Turcotte-Caufield united? I feel like scoring has really taken a hit since they were split up. Holloway is flashy and all, but it means nothing if it doesn't translate to the puck in the opponent's net. He needs to be a driving force since he is being given so much opportunity. S. Dhooghe... I don't know what to say. Move him to the bottom 6.

I want to see:

Weissbach-Turcotte-Caufield
                      Holloway-Lindmark-Achan
                      Gorniak-Baker-Dhooghe
                      TPB-Messner-Donovan

Kalynuk-Emberson
                      Ess-Vorlicky
                      Inamoto-Peltonen

Lebedeff

Comment

Um Michigan beating ped state didn't help us at all. Unless you like being 7th of 7 in conference....
                        To not be 7th in conference the Badgers have to win their own games, doesn't make too much difference what the other B1G teams do vs. each other at this point. So I'm good with the goph's and PSU losing. Petty as that may be.

What hurts us and the B1G a lot more is ND dropping three straight non-conference games.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Thought Todd provided some good analysis in his post game facebook chat. It's here, if you haven't seen it.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I was worried about that from the beginning. They've been hearing for 4 or 5 years how "good" they are. It's hard to be humble when you're hearing that constantly. I wonder if being coached one way on the USNDTP or in the USHL just isn't meshing with Granato, Osiecki, and Strobel or vise-versa? 32 in the pairwise? That's a DEEP ****ing hole to dig out of.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

I want to see:

Weissbach-Turcotte-Caufield
                              Holloway-Lindmark-Achan
                              Gorniak-Baker-Dhooghe
                              TPB-Messner-Donovan

Kalynuk-Emberson
                              Ess-Vorlicky
                              Inamoto-Peltonen

Lebedeff
                              Well, close but no cigar. Major shake up all the same:

Dhooghster- Turcotte - Piper Caufield

Linus- Marshall Dylan- Rydes Dono

Bakes - TPB - Roman

Jackie G - Merschy- Lindy - Caufield Brother

Wyatt- Ty

K'Andre- Mike

Jesper- Other Ty

Jackie B

Ryder has looked better and better as the season has gone on so I'm Down with giving him a chance, especially with Holloway giving that line some size and fight.

Ess didn't have a great night, especially with the egregious TO behind his own net that turned quickly into a goal, but still surprised to see him in the stands.

I thought The Hammer fought the puck a little last night, but post game, Oz was complimentary. Seems more just trying to push some more buttons by putting Jack in there, then a reflection on the Hammer.

Last game this year. Need a win. Let's GO RED!!
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Granato on pregame talking like they played decent/good last night.

I pretty sure that's a different game than what I watched 2/3 of.......
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X