X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    "If we don't have it now," he said, "then we're not going anywhere." TG

I HATE this message! You leave no way out of a bad result this weekend. None. So it they play badly they just as well should stop caring, throw in the towel then and mail it in, because their leader says the season is over. I just think this is a moronic stance to take. I know he's trying to light a controlled fire, but he may be creating an inferno he has no control over instead.

I don't believe TG has any idea how to deal with players who are 18-22 yrs old, who once you recruit them, they are yours for the duration. In the NHL, if you play bad, you will get benched or sent down to the minors and you are replaced by someone who "wants" it more than you. That is motivation in itself. He hasn't cracked the code on these kids yet.

Could be the case. On the other hand, if they play well this weekend it will most likely be because the message was taken to heart and the boys won battles and races and put a lot of pressure on Sparty. They'll go to break with that in their pocket to carry them forward. If they play awful, the challenge has still been made and the standard defined. They aren't coming back next week to go in the tank again, but rather, they have a month to reflect on whether or not they want to pay the price necessary in the second half, or just phone it in the rest of the way. I kind of think it's a pretty good time to issue this sort of challenge to the team.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Still think that despite turnovers probably being the #1 issue, a huge one is still scoring goals, especially 5x5.

8 B1G games in and the top nine F's have combined for just 5 full strength goals: Caufield(0), Turcotte(0), Weissbach (2), Holloway (2), Achan(0), Dhooghe(0), Lindmark(0), Baker(1), Pelton-Byce(0). We certainly need (and expected) more offense from the guys in these roles. 2.25 gpg in conference is not going to get it done over the course of the season. Put the puck in the net.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

"If we don't have it now," he said, "then we're not going anywhere." TG

I HATE this message! You leave no way out of a bad result this weekend. None. So it they play badly they just as well should stop caring, throw in the towel then and mail it in, because their leader says the season is over. I just think this is a moronic stance to take. I know he's trying to light a controlled fire, but he may be creating an inferno he has no control over instead.

I don't believe TG has any idea how to deal with players who are 18-22 yrs old, who once you recruit them, they are yours for the duration. In the NHL, if you play bad, you will get benched or sent down to the minors and you are replaced by someone who "wants" it more than you. That is motivation in itself. He hasn't cracked the code on these kids yet.
        Granato and Greg Gard can both go.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Keys to Badger wins are...

Achan, Baker and TPB???

Badgers have lost zero games in which any one of these three have had a point.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Still think that despite turnovers probably being the #1 issue, a huge one is still scoring goals, especially 5x5.

8 B1G games in and the top nine F's have combined for just 5 full strength goals: Caufield(0), Turcotte(0), Weissbach (2), Holloway (2), Achan(0), Dhooghe(0), Lindmark(0), Baker(1), Pelton-Byce(0). We certainly need (and expected) more offense from the guys in these roles. 2.25 gpg in conference is not going to get it done over the course of the season. Put the puck in the net.
            Ouch.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm not sure Wisko or Timothy is correct, but I can say it reeks of I've tried to pull every string, let's get this out there so there are no excuses. It's time for the Captains, Assistant to the Captain , and the non vocal leaders to get it done and compete for 60 minutes......
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Al Davis said it best: "just win, baby, winnnn."

Comment

That makes me sad.

It's a great day for hockey!
                  Yes he should be here. No more than a cup of coffee with Boston.

Comment

Psyched as always for Badger Hockey game day (for what reason I'm not sure but whatever).

Tonight I will be looking for:

1. Defenseman making the simple breakout passes

2. Forwards and D picking up the opponent in the slot

3. Ability to set up the power play (specifically NOT doing the stupid pass it behind your back in the neutral zone thing. Been doing it for a while now. Doesn't seem to work. Why you still doing it?)

This stuff should be a simple fix. Don't gotta be Gretzky to do this stuff.

Edit: if they do this stuff well, they should win, with the speed and talent they have.
                    Last edited by druzy192; 12-06-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I pointed out the lack of B1G scoring earlier. No doubt Turc's 0 goals and Goal's lack of goals has been the catalyst for separation. Turc can't spend all his time feeding Goal if Goal isn't finishing, he's too good of a goal scorer in his own right to not shoot the puck more -- so consequently, I'm looking for Turc to shoot the puck more!

Sparty's top line of Khodorenko-Lewandoski- Saliba is going to be a handful. Really good players.

Line are the same as last week:

Ahcan - Turcotte - S.Dhooghe
                      Weissbach - Holloway - C.Caufield
                      Baker - Pelton-Byce - Lindmark
                      Mersch - Messner - R.Donovan + B.Caufield

Kalynuk - Emberson
                      Miller - Vorlicky
                      Ess - Inamoto

Lebedeff

Two teams looking to prove something. Should be unrestricted all-out warfare.

Let's Go RED!!!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        Psyched as always for Badger Hockey game day (for what reason I'm not sure but whatever).

Tonight I will be looking for:

1. Defenseman making the simple breakout passes

2. Forwards and D picking up the opponent in the slot

3. Ability to set up the power play (specifically NOT doing the stupid pass it behind your back in the neutral zone thing. Been doing it for a while now. Doesn't seem to work. Why you still doing it?)

This stuff should be a simple fix. Don't gotta be Gretzky to do this stuff.

Edit: if they do this stuff well, they should win, with the speed and talent they have.
                        What drives me nuts is that it's the smartest zone entry as you will always be 3 or 2 on 1 at the Blue line when *executed correctly.

*this might be the problem.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Slow start the first 10 again. But Sheesh, we've hit 2-3 posts from 2 feet away already.

Put it in!!!!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I am sure the fact we are losing and that we aren't putting the puck in the net will be put down to lack of hunger.

Solution: No more Snickers allowed in pregame.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              What drives me nuts is that it's the smartest zone entry as you will always be 3 or 2 on 1 at the Blue line when *executed correctly.

*this might be the problem.
                              Doesn't look very smart to me. But hey if it ain't working.... might as well keep doing it!

Comment

Way to show up after MSU scored. This team...... MSU only has one loss when scoring first. Worst possible start.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X