X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Scene: Wisconsin Basketball forum

Commentor 1: "Ugh, that was yet another tough loss."

Commentor 2: "Sure, but the basketball team has a great recruiting class coming in next year, that will fix everything, RIGHT?!?"

Camera pans to corner of a the room where a small puppy is crapping on the carpet, he turns to the camera and a single tear falls from his eye.

...and scene...
    Perfect!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Commentor 2: "Sure, but the basketball team has a great recruiting class coming in next year, that will fix everything, RIGHT?!?"

Camera pans to corner of a the room where a small puppy is crapping on the carpet, he turns to the camera and a single tear falls from his eye.

...and scene...
      Yep. Awesome!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Kunin with a GREAT block tonight late in game where the Wild were up by 1. That's how you make it to the NHL and stay there.

Comment

...and scene...
          Nice catch......that sounds eerily familiar. 🤣
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            Kunin with a GREAT block tonight late in game where the Wild were up by 1. That's how you make it to the NHL and stay there.
            Wild, who? I was watching my Avs, with the return of Gabriel Landeskog, beat "le Club de hockey Canadien".

Seriously Luke Kunin was a stud here and hopefully continues to grow in the "Chel". I met him a couple of times, is a great kid.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Wild, who? I was watching my Avs, with the return of Gabriel Landeskog, beat "le Club de hockey Canadien".

Seriously Luke Kunin was a stud here and hopefully continues to grow in the "Chel". I met him a couple of times, is a great kid.
              You were watching falling snow?

Speaking of studs, Trent Frederic would have been a senior this year. Crazy to think if recruitment/turning pro was the same as other sports...

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                Speaking of studs, Trent Frederic would have been a senior this year. Crazy to think if recruitment/turning pro was the same as other sports...
                That makes me sad.

It's a great day for hockey!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Game Day......

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Game Day......

This COULD be a great weekend. One nice win tonight, then 2 BIG wins tomorrow night.

I was ready to set up another TV next to my big 'un to watch hockey, but no Badger hockey TV. FOX WI has the Bucks on their main channel and NOTHING on their sub-channel. The BTN has MN at tO$U.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        This COULD be a great weekend. One nice win tonight, then 2 BIG wins tomorrow night.

I was ready to set up another TV next to my big 'un to watch hockey, but no Badger hockey TV. FOX WI has the Bucks on their main channel and NOTHING on their sub-channel. The BTN has MN at tO$U.
                        Yep BTN+ only. I renewed my subscription today. I just pay the $10/month over the rest of the season. $40 - $50 to see some games; I guess I can live with that. Plus I can get replays and UW wrestling. I hate the money grubbing, but that's the only TV option we have.

Comment

I’ve tried to muster some interest in listening or watching this weekend but there’s just nothing in the tank...bummer
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

"If we don't have it now," he said, "then we're not going anywhere." TG

I HATE this message! You leave no way out of a bad result this weekend. None. So it they play badly they just as well should stop caring, throw in the towel then and mail it in, because their leader says the season is over. I just think this is a moronic stance to take. I know he's trying to light a controlled fire, but he may be creating an inferno he has no control over instead.

I don't believe TG has any idea how to deal with players who are 18-22 yrs old, who once you recruit them, they are yours for the duration. In the NHL, if you play bad, you will get benched or sent down to the minors and you are replaced by someone who "wants" it more than you. That is motivation in itself. He hasn't cracked the code on these kids yet.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I don't believe TG has any idea how to deal with players who are 18-22 yrs old, who once you recruit them, they are yours for the duration. In the NHL, if you play bad, you will get benched or sent down to the minors and you are replaced by someone who "wants" it more than you. That is motivation in itself. He hasn't cracked the code on these kids yet.
                              Agree 100%. I think the main problem with this team is he doesn't know how to coach these kids. He needs to change. Talk to some other coaches. Go to some coaching clinics. Whatever. Do something different.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I’ve tried to muster some interest in listening or watching this weekend but there’s just nothing in the tank...bummer
                                If it were on TV I'd have that 2nd TV set up. With radio the only option (except for the blood-sucking BTN+) Brian Posick is the best, but Saturday night is about football.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                "If we don't have it now," he said, "then we're not going anywhere." TG

I HATE this message! You leave no way out of a bad result this weekend. None. So it they play badly they just as well should stop caring, throw in the towel then and mail it in, because their leader says the season is over. I just think this is a moronic stance to take. I know he's trying to light a controlled fire, but he may be creating an inferno he has no control over instead.

Tony needs a publicist.

Comment

Working...
                                X