• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Like I said, it would have been nice.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

These announcers are almost as bad as... well... Wisconsin.
      Last edited by digitalbooya; 02-08-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

That should be a 5 minute major for kneeing.

Comment

Down 4-1 with little hope left tonight. Penn State in next week, likely 2 more losses. One would think there’d be hope against Arizona State, but at this point they’ve passed us, so a win that weekend might be tough. Then at Ohio State. They’ve been struggling a bit. Can anyone find a win here?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            That should be a 5 minute major for kneeing.
            Regardless of the Badgers’ woes, you also have to give credit to the Big 10 for managing to create a pool of refs worse than the WCHA had. Who would have thought that’d be possible. I never imagined I’d miss the Shepherds.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
              Down 4-1 with little hope left tonight. Penn State in next week, likely 2 more losses. One would think there’d be hope against Arizona State, but at this point they’ve passed us, so a win that weekend might be tough. Then at Ohio State. They’ve been struggling a bit. Can anyone find a win here?
              Maybe if they end the year on an 11 game losing streak they will clear out the entire staff.

Comment

The thing that ****es me off is that newer programs like Penn State and Arizona State have clearly surpassed what was an historically dominant program at Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                  The thing that ****es me off is that newer programs like Penn State and Arizona State have clearly surpassed what was an historically dominant program at Wisconsin.
                  On the flip side, new quality programs, and the growth in quality in other existing programs has created expanded competition and parity for teams like Wisconsin. Not saying what we’ve seen this season is good. Just saying that it’s hard to compare the current landscape of college hockey to the competition during the glory years of Wisconsin greatness. Not an excuse. Just an observation.

Comment

The one thing you can’t blame the staff on is they built this season’s approach and roster on being able to outscore the other teams based on the scouting for the incoming freshmen and the shooters from last year, and that under-performance has been a big letdown to me. Sure, C. Caufield leads the team in goals, but even his total isn’t where I expected it would be, seeing that this was only Weissbach’s fourth goal is disappointing, and Dhooghe’s fall off in scoring has been surprising, too. Sure, adjustments should have been made in approach along the way, but from the beginning the coaches said they expected other teams to score against UW, but we’d score more. Unfortunately the hot shots haven’t been so hot.
                    Last edited by sunprairie; 02-09-2020, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      I saw this on Twitter:

Eaves' last 4 seasons: 58-69-22 .463 win percentage 2 NCAA appearances 384GF 440GA 4,324 SOG 4,646 SOGA 48.2 SOG%

Tony's first 4 seasons: 58-68-11 .464 win percentage 0 NCAA appearances 413GF 440GA 4,542 SOG 4,143 SOGA 52.3 SOG%

Eaves had two of the worst seasons in Badger hockey history during that span as a result of a complete failure to recruit properly after Osiecki left for OSU. Tony has all his prized possessions and they are headed towards their WORST season of the 4 he has been here.
                      Hey goepfert, cite your sources!
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Hey goepfert, cite your sources!
                        Without a doubt, my favorite student section chant of all time. I still talk about it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                          Without a doubt, my favorite student section chant of all time. I still talk about it regularly.
                          Shoot em like a horse is mine.

Comment

I was watching this on Hockey Night in 🇨🇦 after the NHL games last night. (Go Avs). I found the link this morning....here ya go, boys.

https://reddit.app.link/shW7lQduW3
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                              On the flip side, new quality programs, and the growth in quality in other existing programs has created expanded competition and parity for teams like Wisconsin. Not saying what we’ve seen this season is good. Just saying that it’s hard to compare the current landscape of college hockey to the competition during the glory years of Wisconsin greatness. Not an excuse. Just an observation.
                              On the other hand; NoDak, UMD, Denver, northeast powerhouses, have adapted. Why not Wisconsin?
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                On the other hand; NoDak, UMD, Denver, northeast powerhouses, have adapted. Why not Wisconsin?
                                I’m just going to blame the Big 10, because I hate the Big 10. (And while that is tongue in cheek, even the new teams that started this conversation haven’t found NCAA championship-level success since the Big 10 started. So I think it plays a real role in regular season competition and preparation. I.e I sure liked having a dozen legitimate conference rivals to create a consistent regular season schedule than the six we now have.)

That said, for each of those teams that you mention have adapted and won recent championships, there are plenty (Minnesota included) who haven’t. And I don’t blame that as much on “not adapting” as I do the growth and parity issue in college hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X