This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Let’s be realistic. Todd is the only non-UW media member covering hockey. He has to be able to get access and get quotes from players and staff. He has to tread lightly. Todd does a great job and he’s pretty straight forward in his articles.
    Come on man. He does do a good job. But to give Granato a pass is B.S.

If Granato doesn't want tough questions... than he should win.

Unreal.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Todd D from Facebook....

> He believes there will be changes to the staff after the season, there has to be "repercussions" after a massively disappointing season.....He thinks TG won't be fired due to the $$$ owed, BUT the A Dept has the money to afford it. My idea if TG lives....GET A GOALIE COACH.
      > TG threw The Hammer under the bus with a comment of "we had chances on them, then the puck goes into our end and ended up in our net."
      > He mentioned a tweet of mine!....Seems they take penalties late in the 3rd down a goal or 2 all the time.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Tim, you're a good man with fantastic takes and facts. HOWEVER, these goalies we have (love their personalities) are not, and never have been D-1 starters. On most others teams, they would be dusters. The Playskool Plastic Hammer allowed 4 goals in the 2nd. A good goalie would want 3 of those back. He's GOT to stand on his head occasionally to spark a team. Yes the team in front of them aren't very good, the `tendies aren't either.

The coaches seats HAVE to be red hot right now. Watch the attendance the remainder of the seaon, its going to be ugly.

On the bright side, let's not only fill the bowl, let's put 15 large in Kohl Center for the women next Sunday. Salute to First Responders and Military. 🇺🇸
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-08-2020, 12:12 AM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Tim, you're a good man with fantastic takes and facts. HOWEVER, these goalies we have (love their personalities) are not, and never have been D-1 starters. On most others teams, they would be dusters. The Playskool Plastic Hammer allowed 4 goals in the 2nd. A good goalie would want 3 of those back. He's GOT to stand on his head occasionally to spark a team. Yes the team in front of them aren't very good, the `tendies aren't either.

The coaches seats HAVE to be red hot right now. Watch the attendance the remainder of the seaon, its going to be ugly.

On the bright side, let's not only fill the bowl, let's put 15 large in Kohl Center for the women next Sunday. Salute to First Responders and Military. 🇺🇸
          You know I too am a goalie Dad, though your son played way deeper into life than my son did, but I have a affinity for the position (my other son was a soccer goalie). I just do not like the yoyo treatment of the goalies. There is no denying the fact that the goalies are not essentially elite talents. Knowing that, the coaches need to foster confidence in them. If Lebby could have pitched a perfect third, which he IS capable of, that would have done so much for his confidence and for the team. Maybe they win the game?!?! I think Blumquist played pretty well in relief, but is it a winning move to put the 3rd string guy in there? All of a sudden the losers in front of him are going to play like they are supposed to and Bloomer is going to play like Cujo for 20 minutes? We all know that would not happen and it didn't happen. Also, knowing the talent level, one would think the D zone play would be emphasized to protect what some might call the weakest link. The systems employed have to take that into consideration. The players in front of the goalies have no conscience. If we look at the women's team, they have elite talent in goal and they play D like there is a folding chair playing goalie. And guess what, the women HAVE a goalie coach too. I also think by essentially blaming the goalies he is taking responsibility off the shoulders of the skaters. Hold them accountable. And HE recruited Lebby. Stand by your guy Tony.

One other thing popped in my head......TG's best season as UW's coach came in the first season when he was finishing up his degree and DG and Oz were running the practices because he was going to school. That is yet another nail in the coffin.

I have 12 tickets for fill the bowl, I only need 10, so 2 are available. They are down in the 100's somewhere. I bought 10 extras in another area and we're all going to sit together there. If anyone wants the 2 in the lower bowl, let me know and I'll mail them out on Monday. I'm concerned playing in the KC that has a bigger sheet than LaBahn will take UW out of it's groove for that game and make it more of a neutral site game from a tactics standpoint. That indeed happened when they lost to the rodents that one year in the fill the bowl game. And those cream colored jerseys were awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I’ve got to agree with calling out the goaltending in Friday’s game. Were there the usual defensive breakdowns? Sure, and according to Todd’s story Inamoto took a lot of blame on himself, but in a year when goaltending has been inconsistent at best, Lebedeff had to stand up and play big yesterday knowing that he only had the third string behind him in back up after Berry got hurt. Instead he gave up four goals in a game where the team in front of him was actually responding to adversity and kept clawing back on the road. Goalies have not been the correct “blame” through the season, but last night he needed to be big for the team and wasn’t.

I agree that one thing that has to happen in this off season in addition to hopefully bringing in a goalie who can occasionally stand on his head and spark the team is that we need a dedicated goalie coach, whether we devote cash to having one of the paid assistants being someone who has experience working with goalies (and can also pitch in on other positions in practice) or actually find a volunteer who is game to do it for free (which is still so absurd. Come on NCAA - get into the 21st century and let teams pay more than three coaches. We can’t expect experts to work for free.)

Comment

For some reason hearing UW got smoked 8-4 reminded me of a game I listened to when I was much younger...same score, Wisconsin got smoked. I can still hear Jack Swanson saying “score!” For the Tigers and if you recall this game you’ll recall it felt much closer to 16-4 than the actual score.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/sc...in/58/19951996

Unlike 95-96, the first year of a 25 year malaise, Wisconsin is not coming back at the end of the season.

Also, did I read that correctly, Caufield chirping like he did something when his TEAM got smoked?

Caufield has to go, that kid cares only about his own stats. He’s the most selfish player/prima donna i’ve Ever seen play for Wisconsin.

If there was a player with heart on this team like a McDonagh or Burish, Cole would have had his *** handed to him off ice way back in September. Be part of a TEAM or go to Montreal *****. That would have been the message.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Also, did I read that correctly, Caufield chirping like he did something when his TEAM got smoked?

Caufield has to go, that kid cares only about his own stats. He’s the most selfish player/prima donna i’ve Ever seen play for Wisconsin.

If there was a player with heart on this team like a McDonagh or Burish, Cole would have had his *** handed to him off ice way back in September. Be part of a TEAM or go to Montreal *****. That would have been the message.
                Even worse, it wasn’t a goal that even brought the Badgers back to a tie, they were still down by 1 when he scored it. Honestly, I wish Granato would have sat him for the rest of the game after that stunt like he did Lebedeff a few minutes later. If a big part of the job is preparing these kids for the NHL, it would have been an important lesson for him to learn, and a better one to learn in the NCAA than in the bigs when his next shift would have seen him laid out. Instead, the camera then saw him yukking it up on the bench with Strobel. I hope Granato had words for both of them at the end of the game (or when he watches it back this morning.)

Comment

I would THOROUGHLY enjoy seeing Johan Blomqvist shut out Meatchicken the rest of the way. He has truly paid his dues.

Rich nails it on the head - give Blomqvist a shot - Lebedeff just isn’t good enough, I like Berry better (seems more consistent, although doesn’t have as mush potential for stealing a game) but he hasn’t cut it either. Maybe that’s the spark they need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw this on Twitter:

Eaves' last 4 seasons: 58-69-22 .463 win percentage 2 NCAA appearances 384GF 440GA 4,324 SOG 4,646 SOGA 48.2 SOG%

Tony's first 4 seasons: 58-68-11 .464 win percentage 0 NCAA appearances 413GF 440GA 4,542 SOG 4,143 SOGA 52.3 SOG%

Eaves had two of the worst seasons in Badger hockey history during that span as a result of a complete failure to recruit properly after Osiecki left for OSU. Tony has all his prized possessions and they are headed towards their WORST season of the 4 he has been here.
                    Last edited by digitalbooya; 02-08-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                      Instead he gave up four goals in a game where the team in front of him was actually responding to adversity and kept clawing back on the road. )
                      1) Self made adversity in the D zone. 2) The play in the D zone did not respond to adversity well, it was the same broken record and kept happening. 3) They did respond to adversity in the O zone and yes they scored 4, which should win you 90% of the games. They need to protect the weakest link, not expose it. It doesn't matter. TG's coaching this year is the worst coaching effort in the history of ncaa hockey. 3 of us buffoons could have had this team with a winning record. It takes a special like of mismanagement to drag this much talent down the toilet. If this was an NHL team he'd be gone already with all the highly coveted free agents they signed and all the returning talented experienced players.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        I saw this on Twitter:

Eaves' last 4 seasons: 58-69-22 .463 win percentage 2 NCAA appearances 384GF 440GA 4,324 SOG 4,646 SOGA 48.2 SOG%

Tony's first 4 seasons: 58-68-11 .464 win percentage 0 NCAA appearances 413GF 440GA 4,542 SOG 4,143 SOGA 52.3 SOG%

Eaves had two of the worst seasons in Badger hockey history during that span as a result of a complete failure to recruit properly after Osiecki left for OSU. Tony has all his prized possessions and they are headed towards their WORST season of the 4 he has been here.
                        The last 2 years were BAD, but the guys played hard and smart, they just got out-talented. Many of these guys are uber talented with a whole lot of nothing between the ears. Yes I'm making broad brush generalizations, this is the depths of whatever I am in.

Comment

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Winner!
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              🤣
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I thought Max had the best game of his career by far last night. He was really good and it's really too bad it was wasted.

Again tonight he's been the bright spot early, and now he's given the boys a lift with a hustling pp goal. Be nice if the rest of the boys follow his lead and get going here in the 2nd.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X