This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    They won 12 games in two seasons. A two season period for any of the traditional hockey powers may never top that.
    The difference is with Eaves’ final 2 teams it was understandable. There was a dearth of talent.

But now? When you have Osiecki coaching D and not one player on the team plays D, something is very wrong.

When you roll out 3 1st round picks and a sure fire 1st rounder in Holloway and your 5 games under .500 and play like you don’t have any desire or heart, well...

This is infuriating. 35 years of season tickets and now I’m the custodian of our tickets. There’s Every reason to tell UW that i’m Cancelling and they can take that extra fee they charge for maintaining the same seats annually and stick it up their football adoring asses.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Imagine if we ran the 1-1-3 with this current roster. We'd be boring, but sooooo much better. Eaves would have done a better job with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Imagine if we ran the 1-1-3 with this current roster. We'd be boring, but sooooo much better. Eaves would have done a better job with this team.
        Absolutely right. Eaves' had the system and he had the guys play the system properly (2 frozen 4's in 4 years) he just missed out on too much talent as previously posted. If TG was an assistant to Eaves and handled recruiting, they'd be dynamite as long as Eaves was the Alpha and TG the underling. Not happening of course, but it would work.

Unless they win the B7 tourney, there is no way the AD can justify keeping him. Maybe they force him sacrifice his assistants, that card has been played before. Would that work? Maybe. I'm not advocating it, just reading the tea leaves.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

You can’t ship out Oz or the recruiting will go down significantly.

I think you clean house. But it’s not going to happen.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

You guys should get a hockey arena. I sat between the blue line and d zone faceoff dot, about 20 rows up, which should be decent seats in any hockey arena, and you can't see like a quarter of the play near the boards on the other end.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I could see them making a case for replacing Strobel. I mean, I know you’re not getting Don Granato, but since Don left, there’s been struggles. Not placing blame for all those struggles on Strobel (especially the D struggles), but I could see a case for seeing if we could find a more Don-like assistant to take Strobel’s place. I mean, it seems like Oz is out on recruiting trips all the time, and I assume T.G. does quite a bit of the closing, leaving Strobel (or a new assistant) back home to run things. I’d actually be okay with T.G., Oz and a new more Don-like assistant giving it a crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

You say that as if the current recruiting is churning out wins left and right. “Down significantly.” There isn’t enough room to go significantly down at this point. Maybe a complete change of philosophies is exactly what is needed. A bunch of lazy, me-first prima donnas have never won a **** thing, anywhere, regardless of their precious draft positions.
                I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                  You say that as if the current recruiting is churning out wins left and right. “Down significantly.” There isn’t enough room to go significantly down at this point. Maybe a complete change of philosophies is exactly what is needed. A bunch of lazy, me-first prima donnas have never won a **** thing, anywhere, regardless of their precious draft positions.
                  maybe so, but I think it is more related to how they are handled once they get here. I could be wrong.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                    I know very little about Badger recruiting or even the current team's performance, other than that the staff has scored a lot of big recruiting "gets." But there's that kind of recruiting and there's the kind Herb Brooks became famous for in 1980. Maybe they need a little more of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      RECORD AFTER SPLITTING WITH NOTRE DAME:

Record: 10-13-1 (5-10-1-1 - 17pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                      GF/GA: 74/82
                      USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
                      USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                      PWR: 31 (+1)
                      RPI: 32 (n/c)
                      KRACH: 25 (+2)
                      Scoring: 3.00 GPG; 20th (-1)
                      Defense: 3.42 GAPG; T52nd (n/c)
                      Power Play Goals: 18; T25th (+8)
                      Power Play Rate: 20.2% (18 of 89); 23rd (+7)
                      Penalty Kill Rate: 77.78% (70 of 90), 48th (-6)
                      Penalty Min per Game: 14.21; 9th (1st is worst) (-1 worse)
                      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T6th (+3)
                      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T22nd (1st is worst) (-2)
                      Team Faceoff: 48.0%; T47th (-2)
                      RECORD AFTER GETTING SWEPT BY THE GOOFERS:

Record: 10-15-1 (5-12-1-1 - 17pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                      GF/GA: 78/92
                      USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
                      USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                      PWR: 35 (-4)
                      RPI: 35 (-3)
                      KRACH: 30 (-5)
                      Scoring: 3.00 GPG; 22nd (-2)
                      Defense: 3.54 GAPG; 53rd (-1)
                      Power Play Goals: 19; T28th (-3)
                      Power Play Rate: 20.2a% (19 of 94); 23rd (n/c)
                      Penalty Kill Rate: 78.12% (75 of 96), 47th (+1)
                      Penalty Min per Game: 13.81; 10th (1st is worst) (+1)
                      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T7th (-1)
                      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T24th (1st is worst) (+2)
                      Team Faceoff: 47.8%; 48th (-1)

I have nothing positive to say so I will just say nothing.

Comment

Coaching Records and Winning %:

Bob Johnson 1966–82 367-175-23 .670
                        Jeff Sauer 1982–02 489-306-46 .609
                        Mike Eaves 2002–16 267-225-66 .538
                        Tony Granato 2016– 58-67-11 .467

Comment

Coaching Records and Winning %:

Bob Johnson 1966–82 367-175-23 .670
                          Jeff Sauer 1982–02 489-306-46 .609
                          Mike Eaves 2002–16 267-225-66 .538
                          Tony Granato 2016– 58-67-11 .467
                          Yikes. I didn't realize.

I wonder how that compares to other blue ribbon programs, like UMinn, UMich, BC, etc. We know it's a more challenging world for what used to be the apex predators in college hockey. More carnivores in the jungle.

Comment

maybe so, but I think it is more related to how they are handled once they get here. I could be wrong.
                            I would say this is 98% the problem. Molding them into a cohesive team and holding them accountable.

Maybe they should switch systems next year, assuming TG is still there. I recall when he was hired he wanted a more defensive scheme, but Donnie convinced him to to high octane. They need to play a more conservative D first system, but if the coaches can't get the lads to play well, no system in the world is going to work.

Comment

Tony's press conference today. I am not sure what to think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLd0EozKLVU

Comment

Tony's press conference today. I am not sure what to think about it.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLd0EozKLVU
                                "We deserve a better record for how we have played, we DID miss Turcotte, we are young, the young guys haven't progressed like we have thought, we CAN do something special this year".

The only new thing to me was the young guys haven't progressed like we have thought. Tony, how about the older guys playing better and the team playing fundamentally sound hockey?

Comment

Working...
                                X