This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    WI played better tonight. But, reading the commentary, I can't disagree with your assessments.

And MN, since Christmas, has really come together. Whether it's truth or mirage? We're still waiting on that.
    They have been paying with more structure since the break. It has made a world of difference. I'm still not yet convinced, though. They looked better last weekend, honestly. Did enough to best a struggling badger team the last two nights.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      They have been paying with more structure since the break. It has made a world of difference. I'm still not yet convinced, though. They looked better last weekend, honestly. Did enough to best a struggling badger team the last two nights.
      Agreed. tBob is still not satisfied with MN's play, though. We got away with stuff that wouldn't fly against tUMD or DU, etc, which strengthens the WI fans opinions.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        They've won 7 of their last 9. That's going in the right direction. Getting swept at home isn't.
        Every time they play at home too....
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

If JoeyV is still around i’d Love to hear his opinion about this team and staff.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            They've won 7 of their last 9. That's going in the right direction. Getting swept at home isn't.
            Not very impressive wins but a wins a win i guess. Ohio state was a couple ok wins but they were way overrated.

Comment

The team D is just a joke. Goal 3 they were literally just standing still on the ice in a nice box, no attempt to close the gaps, no attempt to get a stick in the lane, literally just traffic cones. It's so obvious from watching from up high. Another goal, 2 I think, 3 guys go up the boards chasing the puck leaving a 2 on 1 in the slot and the rodent embarassed Berry. The PK just collapses from a tiny box to a T that gave MN a 2 on 1 down low every freaking time. It was child's play for them. No adjustments at all on the PK to react to how they were manipulating our plan. If the refs call more penalties on UW they score more goals, they had it figured out.

Linus was the spare F tonight, I don't get that at all. I guess they felt they had to punish him.

From what Oz tweeted and Baker said, it seems like the locker room is a train wreck. It's on the coaches to fix it.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

From what Oz tweeted and Baker said, it seems like the locker room is a train wreck. It's on the coaches to fix it.
                Given how good they are at fixing things to this point, I have sooooo much optimism.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Given how good they are at fixing things to this point, I have sooooo much optimism.
                  It's not happening. No need to waste any emotional energy on optimism.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It's not happening. No need to waste any emotional energy on optimism.
                    I made a pact tonight to not spend money on badger men’s hockey until they make the NCAA tournament. I’m done paying to watch them get schalacked.

Comment

They looked worse in person tonight than on TV. Swept by the Goophs. In last place. Granato has to go.

Comment

Should be embarrassed to wear the sweater

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          I made a pact tonight to not spend money on badger men’s hockey until they make the NCAA tournament. I’m done paying to watch them get schalacked.
                          I am a 20 year season Ticket Holder. I will not renew. Taking my Friday nights back.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            🤣😂😅😆✔
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

digitalbooya...."I made a pact tonight to not spend money on badger men’s hockey until they make the NCAA tournament. I’m done paying to watch them get schalacked".

wjefwhite, "I am a 20 year season Ticket Holder. I will not renew. Taking my Friday nights back".

Yep. If you remember at the break, I gave my tickets to MCR Jr Daughter and her friends. I didn't renew my season tickets prior to the Granato regime, (wait-and-see-attitude) but always had access to as many as I wanted. 2 games this year and I was out. I funneled all my hockey money to NHL games in CHI and St. Paul, (but my highlight will be going to Winnipeg in March to see the Avalanche), the Admirals, and the USHL Capitols.

I think this is worse than it was during Eaves' last 2 years.

EDIT: Could we put the women's team in the men's uniforms and use them instead?
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-02-2020, 03:45 PM.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

They won 12 games in two seasons. A two season period for any of the traditional hockey powers may never top that.

Comment

Working...
                                X