This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    You're right. It's much, much more fun when Adrian comes to town. SNC is just "okay." The little brothers to the east, if you will.
    So you have blocked out the Will Nichol years then? That’s totally understandable...
    Last edited by altazo; 01-31-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Yep. It would be an unranked team sweeping another unranked team. BFD. Just like Notre Dame...everybody was thrilled with the road split, but it was another unranked team. Splitting with unranked teams, and an occasional win like Sparty, won't get us in the top 16.

Regarding the goofer week trash talk;

The derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful, beastiality-accusing, inbred-accusing, rude, hateful, impolite, insulting, uncivil, cocky, arrogant, nasty, repulsive, obnoxious, hostile, repulsive, and at the same time some of the most hilarious **** I've read... I miss it. The posts would start on Monday and wouldn't stop until the weekend was over...and I was laughing my *** off all week.
      The only way they get into the NCAA now is to win the Big7 tourney.

Goes to show how both programs have fallen off the map......
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Haha, Adrian! When MCR Jr was at MSOE I remember Adrian steamrolling everybody. I checked their roster at the time and it was made of 100% old Canadian "goons".

I checked in today to see what everybody is saying.

It's funny that coaching speculation is being discussed a little. I was with a couple of Badgers (all sports) fans the other day for a few hours and were discussing Gard, Granato, etc. One of the not-so-much-hockey guys asked me about Granato and I said I just don't think it's going to work out. He asked me about a replacement and I just open my hands and shook my head. I did tell him I'm done with Badger alumni and we've got to go outside of the program. I'm serious about this because it's not working with what we currently have.

I thought Tim Coghlin had a shot 4 years ago, but I don't remember how much his name came up. I'd be happy to see him come here, especially with his player development track record. I also think they should look to the Tier 1 Junior level USHL and CHL.
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-31-2020, 11:29 AM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

The derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful, beastiality-accusing, inbred-accusing, rude, hateful, impolite, insulting, uncivil, cocky, arrogant, nasty, repulsive, obnoxious, hostile, repulsive, and at the same time some of the most hilarious **** I've read... I miss it. The posts would start on Monday and wouldn't stop until the weekend was over...and I was laughing my *** off all week.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. This is almost as depressing as the on ice product our schools have been producing over the last few years. Sigh.
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Haha, Adrian! When MCR Jr was at MSOE I remember Adrian steamrolling everybody. I checked their roster at the time and it was made of 100% old Canadian "goons".

I checked in today to see what everybody is saying.

It's funny that coaching speculation is being discussed a little. I was with a couple of Badgers (all sports) fans the other day for a few hours and were discussing Gard, Granato, etc. One of the not-so-much-hockey guys asked me about Granato and I said I just don't think it's going to work out. He asked me about a replacement and I just open my hands and shook my head. I did tell him I'm done with Badger alumni and we've got to go outside of the program. I'm serious about this because it's not working with what we currently have.

I thought Tim Coghlin had a shot 4 years ago, but I don't remember how much his name came up. I'd be happy to see him come here, especially with his player development track record. I also think they should look to the Tier 1 Junior level USHL and CHL.
            There is really no reason why Rohlick wouldn't succeed here as long as the brought in assistants who were the most qualified irregardless of where they went to school. That being said, if there are just as good as or better candidates to look into, I'm all for it. BA and Kinger can't have blinders on.

Coghlin....I don't think that idea even entered BA's head because he went to ask TG who to hire and then he hired TG. It's such a shame it's falling apart.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Yep. It would be an unranked team sweeping another unranked team. BFD. Just like Notre Dame...everybody was thrilled with the road split, but it was another unranked team. Splitting with unranked teams, and an occasional win like Sparty, won't get us in the top 16.

Regarding the goofer week trash talk;

The derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful, beastiality-accusing, inbred-accusing, rude, hateful, impolite, insulting, uncivil, cocky, arrogant, nasty, repulsive, obnoxious, hostile, repulsive, and at the same time some of the most hilarious **** I've read... I miss it. The posts would start on Monday and wouldn't stop until the weekend was over...and I was laughing my *** off all week.
              Yes! I loved the smack talk!!! I loved being part of it. Now i barely know the names of the rat players cause I don’t care. Talent or no talent UW still misses the NCAA’s.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I feel like Milewski has already established why this new holiday tournament at Fiserv is doomed to fail.

https://t.co/6UcmxDS5gE
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  I feel like Milewski has already established why this new holiday tournament at Fiserv is doomed to fail.

Honestly, they should hold it across the street at the old Mecca (where the Admirals were booted to when the Bucks decided they "didn't want hockey" at their new arena). It's a smaller barn, has good lines for hockey viewing, which I'm going to guess FiServ does not, and gets loud whether half-filled or full capacity. The Bradley Center was built for hockey, and was a great environment. I don't see FiServ being anything other than new or shiny, and will likely feel cavernous if the place isn't packed. Which it won't be based on the crowds that UW and Notre Dame were able to draw to the UC the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Why do you say that? Because if failed before? New venue could help.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                      Honestly, they should hold it across the street at the old Mecca (where the Admirals were booted to when the Bucks decided they "didn't want hockey" at their new arena). It's a smaller barn, has good lines for hockey viewing, which I'm going to guess FiServ does not, and gets loud whether half-filled or full capacity. The Bradley Center was built for hockey, and was a great environment. I don't see FiServ being anything other than new or shiny, and will likely feel cavernous if the place isn't packed. Which it won't be based on the crowds that UW and Notre Dame were able to draw to the UC the past two years.
                      This is a good point. I wouldn't mind this option at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

What exquisite timing. HEY sports fans! Wanna watch a mediocre hockey team who’s missed the playoffs 6 straight years play UConn (who?), Arizona State (so what!), Clarkson (big deal!).

This is doomed to fail. Wisconsin needs to fix their on-ice results before ANY other step should be considered.

Whatever though, let em’ draw 5,000 and we can talk about the good old days, eh? Like when UW treated Michigan like the weasels they are!
                        https://youtu.be/3lLX8zS8Xco

And when they had players who could stick handle in a phone booth like Rhino! https://youtu.be/2GT1pCSjNPw

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Why do you say that? Because if failed before? New venue could help.
                          The newness of the venue is the best asset, frankly. It goes downhill from there.

The timing is awful: New Year’s weekend is 100% a time when UW fans care only about football (moreso than usual). Even in times when the Badgers could draw at the KC, the showdown had sparse crowds.

Factor in that UW is likely to be down 1-4 high end underclassmen in any given season due to the WJC, and we have a weakened team playing (likely) middling competition in what would probably be a PWR-killing set of losses if things went poorly.

Add on top of that the part where, yes, this was already done here and the novelty wore off, and it’s hard to see this becoming a success. Would love to be wrong, but these days pessimism is the safer bet with this program.
                          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-31-2020, 02:39 PM.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            And when they had players who could stick handle in a phone booth like Rhino! https://youtu.be/2GT1pCSjNPw
                            That brings a big smile and a teary eye all at once.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Drop the gd puck! Whaddya got rats???!!! Eh? Justin Mchugh? Brian Bonin? Chris McAlpine? Hendrickson?

Zent, Schier, Fairchild, Moore, Spencer, Richter, Tucker told Jim Carey “hold em’ to 3 and we’ll win!”

Dan Plante says he’s knocking some 🐀 gopher chiclets out Tonight!

Max Williams cannot be caught! Score! Williams from Rafalski!

Uh, ****. It’s 2020 now and badger hockey is terrible.

Time to get some sprecher abbey triples and huff em’ down.

Comment

Rats are 22-14-5 at the KC, Jesus Christ.

huffing thinner listening to the **** show and 💥! 0-1.
                                there’s nothing exciting about this team at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X