X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Stats are fun, but they don't always mean ****. Just win, baby.
    Tell that to all the Packer fans beeching up a storm because they are winning ugly.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Tell that to all the Packer fans beeching up a storm because they are winning ugly.
      That's what I'm talking about Timbo! Their stats suck; 22nd in offense, 10th in defense. SURPRISE! 11-3.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-16-2019, 08:01 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

That's what I'm talking about Timbo! Their stats suck; 22nd in offense, 10th in defense. SURPRISE! 11-3.
        Not all their stats suck. They are #1 or 2 in a few that are pretty big ones. Takeaway +/-; Red zone offense; FG %; Turnovers.

In other words: They put the puck in the net on their high quality chances, they don't turn it over, and they create turnovers. That's a winning formula!
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Not all their stats suck. They are #1 or 2 in a few that are pretty big ones. Takeaway +/-; Red zone offense; FG %; Turnovers.

In other words: They put the puck in the net on their high quality chances, they don't turn it over, and they create turnovers. That's a winning formula!
          I love the analogy.

Comment

About right that then only thing good to talk about on this UW Hockey thread is the amazing run by the UW Volleyball team to the final four and the Packers......

I'll add another: Micah Potter suits up for the BB team on Saturday.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I'm already upset with the athletic department for a few things, now this from the UW Band.....

---------- Forwarded message ---------
              Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 5:13 PM
              Subject: UW Varsity Band Spring Concert: Legacy Lists and the Ticket Pre-Sale

Dear Member of the Jack Rane Friends Group,

For Professor Leckrone's final Varsity Band Spring Concert in April 2019, pre-sales notifications were sent to a large number of legacy lists, many of which dated back to the 1980s. With Mike's retirement, we are retiring these legacy lists and moving all stewardship duties to UW Foundation as they have the staff and resources to communicate with donors and alums, plan and manage events, and maintain accurate records. As this year is a transition, I've included the pre-sale info at the bottom of this email for one last time.

Moving ahead, Varsity Band Spring Concert Ticket Pre-sales will only be available to the following groups:
              Members of the UW Band Alumni Association (notification sent via the Echo email newsletter). The person to contact regarding UWBAA membership is Jeff Wendorf at the UW Foundation, at jeff.wendorf@supportuw.org.
              Badger Band Donors who have given via the UW Foundation at/or above the designated amount ($2,500) that includes this benefit. You can become a donor via the link at: https://badgerband.com/donate/

Thank you for your understanding,

Sarah

Sarah Marty
              Production Manager
              UW Varsity Band Show

First of all Sarah, **** you, not thank you. The following is my response......

to uwbandshow

Ms. Marty;

I'm very disappointed, and actually pretty upset about your new policy. My wife and I fall into the category of the Legacy List attending since the 1980's. We have purchased many CDs and DVDs since they were offered. (Even vinyl back in the day). We have purchased clothing, bumper stickers, and caps.

As usual with the University of Wisconsin, only the very wealthy (another $2500 for the "privilege" ) will get first crack at your band show tickets to go along with hockey, basketball and football PSLs. Those of us who have been faithful for 30+ years, well once again the University of Wisconsin pushes us to the back of the line and ignores how loyal those of us are (were). This reeks of arrogance and 2020 will be our final year.

Great way to bring in a new band director and **** people off.

****** Rich***
              Madison

--
              "Give Blood, Play Hockey"
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-17-2019, 09:00 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm already upset with the athletic department for a few things, now this from the UW Band.....
                Seriously, what the F.

Sadly, I can't say that I'm shocked by anything to do with higher education at this point.

Still, what a horrible way to treat long time supporters of the band.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

To say nothing about how much the band itself is disrespected by the staff at Camp Randall and the Kohl Center.

The play button on their PA system gets more respect.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What a complete lack of respect to longtime supporters. As usual it's all about the mighty fing $$$$. Like the U doesn't rake in enough money already.

Comment

...remembering the badger hockey showdown...1989 in Milwaukee, the atmosphere was electric and the team was on its way to title 5.

That was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Hi,...blah blah blah
                        https://t.co/Bywm35rkpC?amp=1

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Hi,...blah blah blah
                          First decade of losing since the 1930's. That's ridiculous and unacceptable..... Some of the other stat's Todd puts in there are also amazingly bad.

Quote from Kalynuk from the article:

In the minutes following that defeat, captain Wyatt Kalynuk considered a question on whether the Badgers possess the resiliency to face the challenges they have built for themselves in the second half.

"I don't think we've lost that all year," the junior defenseman said. "You look at our record and you can say what you want about it, but we've lost some games that could have gone either way. The difference could be four wins and four losses. So I'm not worried about our group."
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            First decade of losing since the 1930's. That's ridiculous and unacceptable..... Some of the other stat's Todd puts in there are also amazingly bad.

Quote from Kalynuk from the article:

In the minutes following that defeat, captain Wyatt Kalynuk considered a question on whether the Badgers possess the resiliency to face the challenges they have built for themselves in the second half.

"I don't think we've lost that all year," the junior defenseman said. "You look at our record and you can say what you want about it, but we've lost some games that could have gone either way. The difference could be four wins and four losses. So I'm not worried about our group."
                            It’s absolutely unacceptable and it won’t be long before 20 and 30-year ticket holders start calling BA and give him an earful.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Hi,...blah blah blah
                              I saw the article link on Twitter and didn't even bother reading it. That's where I am right now. Sad. We don't need to read or listen to the coaches or players talk about it. Our eyes will tell us all we need to know next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I saw the article link on Twitter and didn't even bother reading it. That's where I am right now. Sad. We don't need to read or listen to the coaches or players talk about it. Our eyes will tell us all we need to know next year.
                                Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X