This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Well congrats on you wins and ruining our weekend. I just hope we can return the favor next weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Well congrats on you wins and ruining our weekend. I just hope we can return the favor next weekend!
      Our expectations could not be lower
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I was one of the last give TG more time guys....a little winning streak at the time of the year when the streak is meaningless doesn't change the long term prognosis. TG could not get these guys to play when it counted. The team WOEFULLY underperformed until 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden he knows what he is doing? No, it's over. Imagine a fresh start next year with all these guys coming back, plus 4 impactful freshmen that parks the current 4th line. A new outlook could even get Miller to play better, and when they hire a goalie coach, the Hammer plus the new guys could do something really good. If this was an NHL team, TG gets fired midseason. The truth is the odds of changes being made practically went to zero now unless TG objectively looks at things and decides to shake up the staff by getting a goalie coach and making other changes no matter how this ends. The talent on this roster is single digit loss column talent. Is TG the guy to get them there? I vote no. I'm not happy or proud of it, but the facts are the facts.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          I think the ****tiness of the defense behind him (and, yes, the anemic nature of his own two-way play that’s only improved slightly) hurts our view of Caufield.

He’s definitely the most offensively gifted first rounder we’ve had since Heatley, and it shows in his numbers (granted, he also has more of a high profile role than most other blue-chippers, and his numbers are boosted by that weird Merrimack game, but still…)

Freshman numbers from the other first round forwards (all but one played two seasons)

Caufield: 19G, 36pts (34 GP so far)
          Turcotte: 9G, 26pts (27 GP so far)
          Kunin: 19G, 32pts (35 GP)
          Frederic: 15G, 33pts (30 GP)
          Kerdiles: 11G, 33pts (32 GP) (actually a 2nd rounder)
          Turris: 11G, 35pts (36 GP)
          Skille: 13 G, 21pts (41 GP)
          Heatley: 28G, 56pts (38 GP)
          There is no doubt he is gifted offensively. I just question his effort away from the puck.

Turcotte has really looked good since returning from injury.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            RECORD AFTER SWEEPING ASU:

Record: 13-18-1 (6-15-1-1 - 20pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
            GF/GA: 104/119
            USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
            USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
            PWR: 33 (+4)
            RPI: 33 (+4)
            KRACH: 22 (+8)
            Scoring: 3.25 GPG; T12th (+8)
            Defense: 3.72 GAPG; 57th (n/c)
            Power Play Goals: 23; T26th (+4)
            Power Play Rate: 20.18% (23 of 114); 22nd (n/c)
            Penalty Kill Rate: 77.39% (89 of 115), 50th (-3)
            Penalty Min per Game: 12.53; 15th (1st is worst) (+1)
            Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T9th (-1)
            Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T31st (1st is worst) (+1)
            Team Faceoff: 48.0%; 47th (-4)
            Shots Allowed: 1035; 52nd (+1)
            Save %: .885; 54th (n/c)
            RECORD AFTER WIN / TIE-OT WIN VS OSU:

Record: 14-18-2 (7-15-2-2 - 25pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
            GF/GA: 110/124
            USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
            USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
            PWR: 28 (+5)
            RPI: 28 (+5)
            KRACH: 20 (+2)
            Scoring: 3.24 GPG; T13th (-1)
            Defense: 3.65 GAPG; 58th (-1)
            Power Play Goals: 25; T25th (+1)
            Power Play Rate: 21.01% (25 of 119); 19th (+3)
            Penalty Kill Rate: 77.12% (91 of 118), 51st (-1)
            Penalty Min per Game: 12.15; 20th (1st is worst) (+5)
            Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T10th (-1)
            Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T31st (1st is worst) (n/c)
            Team Faceoff: 48.3%; T45th (+2)
            Shots Allowed: 1097; 52nd (n/c)
            Save %: .887; 53rd (+1)

Let me know if you see any errors.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

lol..... who’s goalies are these? The defense turns it over and gives up odd man rushes all day.

Maybe they need to change their recruiting or strategy because this isn’t working. Look at Mankato. Since Hastings took over not one season under .500 after taking over a team that had like 7 seasons prior under .500.
              Not impressed with Mankato in the cake walk WCHA. Measure them in the NCAA where there lose early and often. No argument there.

Comment

Yes, Miller has a great shot but does not use it enough. He should be a forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Oh and booya, have you watched Caufield away from the puck? Or on defense?

You even post the laziness of Miller but give Caufield a pass.
                  "Like"
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                    Not impressed with Mankato in the cake walk WCHA. Measure them in the NCAA where there lose early and often. No argument there.
                    They do well in non conference play, which has a larger sample size and is therefore less random.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                      Yes, Miller has a great shot but does not use it enough. He should be a forward.
                      He was a forward and converted to defense.
                      Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-02-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                        Not impressed with the #2 pairwise, overall 29-5-2 while sweeping ASU, sweeping UMD, and 1-0-1 vs UND?

He's 212-85-23 .698 in 8 years at Mankato.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-02-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

He was a forward and converted to defense.
                          He should have stayed a forward. He lacks the physical side of the game. Suter or McDonah, that's physical.

Comment

Good for the Purple Land Cows and their coach.

Nice numbers in season. Where are the Nattys? Frozen 4's?

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                              He should have stayed a forward. He lacks the physical side of the game. Suter or McDonah, that's physical.
                              I’ll disagree with this slightly. He’s good at using his body to protect the puck when he’s pressured by a forecheck.

It’s the terrible passing choices he makes afterwards and the general disregard for helping his goalie out when he doesn’t have the puck that drives me up the wall with him.

Comment

MILWAUKEE (March 3, 2020) – The inaugural Holiday Face-Off college hockey tournament will be held at Fiserv Forum on Dec. 28 and 29. The first-ever college hockey event at Fiserv Forum will feature Wisconsin, No. 7/8 Clarkson, No. 13/13 Arizona State and UConn. Tickets for single-day and tournament packages will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, March 5 at 11 a.m. at FiservForum.com.

Semifinal play will take place on Monday, Dec. 28 with the Championship game and third-place game on Tuesday, Dec. 29. Matchups will be announced at a later date.

The event will be produced by New Jersey-based sports marketing firm the Gazelle Group.
                                “We are proud to bring major college hockey to Fiserv Forum as we continue to offer a diverse list of events at the arena,” said Fiserv Forum and Bucks President Peter Feigin. “Milwaukee has a rich history of college hockey tournaments, and we look forward to continuing the tradition by hosting the Holiday Face-Off at Fiserv Forum into the future.”

“We are excited to begin what we believe will be the top national men’s college ice hockey tournament in the country,” said Rick Giles, president of the Gazelle Group. “For us to be able to attract four of the most distinguished programs in the nation shows that these programs want to compete against the very best, and we plan on continuing to bring together the best teams in college hockey to play at one of the finest venues in the country, Fiserv Forum.”

College hockey in Milwaukee has a rich history. The city has hosted the NCAA men’s Frozen Four on three occasions: 1993, 1997 and 2006. In 2006, Wisconsin won its most recent National Championship on the Bradley Center ice.

In addition, from 1989-2003, Wisconsin hosted the Badger Hockey Showdown at the Bradley Center, averaging more than 26,000 fans a year during that span.

For additional information, follow the Holiday Face-Off on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@holidayfaceoff).
                                Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 03-03-2020, 11:46 AM.
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X